Laurie Dhue Leaves FNC

Laurie Dhue Leaves FNC

There are 29 comments on the Free Republic story from Mar 16, 2008, titled Laurie Dhue Leaves FNC. In it, Free Republic reports that:

“Unfortunately, we were unable to come to terms on a new agreement with Laurie. She has been a valued member of FOX News, and we wish her all the best in her future endeavors.”

Posted on 03/16/2008 6:58:51 AM PDT by John W TVNewser has learned Laurie Dhue and Fox News Channel have parted ways. via Free Republic

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mcprep66

North Wilkesboro, NC

#1 Mar 17, 2008
I've been a loyal Fox viewer since they signed on their news channel; but I'm outta here.

My days are difficult with my health failing; Ms.Dhue's smile and enthusiasm were breaths of fresh air. Bright spot in otherwise awful days.

Kiss me good-bye, Fox.
Joseph Dombrowski

United States

#2 Apr 7, 2008
I've been a Fox News and Laurie Dhue fan ever since she went on the air in 2001. I wonder if she'll follow Keran Chetry to rival CNN. I hope not. Hopefully, she'll end up back on MSNBC. I have always followed current events but it won't be the same with Laurie gone.

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#3 Apr 7, 2008
I wonder why she left, she is really hot..
emasgram

Fairfax, VA

#4 Apr 7, 2008
Like you Mr. dombrowski, I was a fan of Laurie's. She just seemed to be a good and decent person and always dressed appropriately for tv. She truly was and is a lady. I think Fox will miss her.

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#5 Apr 9, 2008
She probably wanted to get away from Geraldo..
TYRONE

Nashville, TN

#6 Apr 17, 2008
UNFORTUNATLY THIS THE LAST OF LAURIE DHUE, EVERYONE WILL MISS HER! SHE WILL PROBABLY DISAPPEAR OFF THE AIR LIKE RUDI BAKHTIAR!!!!!
Bob

AOL

#7 Jun 19, 2008
I will miss that smile of laurie Dhue she was one of the best host. Lots of luck to her.
Lois

Redding, CA

#8 Jul 20, 2008
For some reason, Laurie Dhue always bugged me...I really like her replacement Julie Banderas.
Joblow2

Greensboro, NC

#9 Aug 6, 2008
I don't believe that FNC evaluated Laurie's value before they refused to work out her contract. The day I find out what network she signed with will be the day I will become a new viewer. She was a refreshing and capable newsperson and will be missed by both the viewers and FNC...
Mary Lou

Mansfield, OH

#10 Aug 17, 2008
Does anyone know where Laurie Dhue went? I thought she was an outstanding women on Fox.
We hope to hear from her soon!
Tenn

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Aug 17, 2008
Maybe she found out faux is nothing more than an anti-America propagandist network?
Bill

Duluth, MN

#12 Nov 16, 2008
I have NO IDEA what Miss Dhue's political leaning was - as with Shep Smith and almost ALL of the hard NEWS folks at FNC. She was truly a class act ... and easy to look at.

“Trying to make sense of it all”

Since: Oct 07

Lake Titicaca!

#13 Nov 17, 2008
Fox News is already borderline "Jerry Springer" fluff, and letting her go and hiring nincompoops like Glenn Beck is a sure sign that they are eventually going to give up the pretense of being a hard news network and go for the sensational, money making side of the biz.

Look for younger and hotter news babes as time goes by.
Righty Whiteman

Avon Lake, OH

#15 Nov 17, 2008
Reasoner wrote:
Fox News is already borderline "Jerry Springer" fluff, and letting her go and hiring nincompoops like Glenn Beck is a sure sign that they are eventually going to give up the pretense of being a hard news network and go for the sensational, money making side of the biz.
Look for younger and hotter news babes as time goes by.
Seems to be working fine for FNC...can't beat the ratings! Sometimes the truth hurts. Have a nice day, Lefty!

Lake Titicaca!

#17 Nov 17, 2008
Righty Whiteman wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be working fine for FNC...can't beat the ratings! Sometimes the truth hurts. Have a nice day, Lefty!
It doesn't hurt me. I actually have a functioning intellect, so I don't watch Fox News. If there was a network that catered to people like me, like Fox caters to ignorant right wing Christians, it would be a hit -- well, except people like me aren't monolithic sheep, so we don't believe everything we're told or fall in line when told to do so.
Righty Whiteman

Avon Lake, OH

#18 Nov 18, 2008
Reasoner wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't hurt me. I actually have a functioning intellect, so I don't watch Fox News. If there was a network that catered to people like me, like Fox caters to ignorant right wing Christians, it would be a hit -- well, except people like me aren't monolithic sheep, so we don't believe everything we're told or fall in line when told to do so.
So, MSNBC/CNN/NBC/CBS/ABC fan are you? Take your pick, they all cater to the likes of you and your liberal agenda. Wonder why they don't rate as well as FNC...I thought you said they'd be a hit. Incidentally, where's all the tolerance you talk about in your profile, lefty?

“How I suffered for my sanity”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#19 Nov 18, 2008
HUGH JERECTION wrote:
Life is all in black and white anymore. Laurie Dhue was the color in it. What a babe! 6'3" natural blonde (hard to find one anymore) swimmer, stunner, who cares what her politics are? I applaud her for hanging on for so long working with that Jerry (I went to bed with both Mick Jagger and David Bowie, we fooled around a bit, but didn't go all-the-way) Rivers. Sorry, that's what Geraldo's REAL name was before he changed it to sound more ethnic-he actually is a Puerto Rican Jew, but that wouldn't make him too welcome to the likes of Yassir (I like my boys young) Arafat and other dictators. I will even watch Laurie if she re-surfaces on More Snotty Nonsense By Communists. Anyone know if there any "photos" of her? Laurie will be missed, she gives me a (look to the upper left of this post)!
I didn't know Laurie was 6'3". Now, that is one tall drink of water. I always liked her question sessions with O'Reilly. They seemed to have a good rapport.

Lake Titicaca!

#20 Nov 18, 2008
Righty Whiteman wrote:
<quoted text>
So, MSNBC/CNN/NBC/CBS/ABC fan are you? Take your pick, they all cater to the likes of you and your liberal agenda. Wonder why they don't rate as well as FNC...I thought you said they'd be a hit. Incidentally, where's all the tolerance you talk about in your profile, lefty?
No, I'm not; I watch very little news on tv. They DON'T cater to people like me. I saw a hateful attack on atheists on CNN (on the Paula Zahn show, I think) about a year ago or so that made me sick to my stomach. Most of what I see on tv news is sensational bullshit. Not all, but most. And just because those networks don't pander to the Christian Right like Fox does, does not mean that they are catering to liberals; and they sure as hell aren't catering to secular humanists / atheists like me.

And like I said, thinking people don't need to be told how to think. To whatever degree those networks cater to people like me, it is offset by our disdain of being bombarded with mindless platitudes and ideology. Thus, any network that caters to your ilk, will always have more viewers than one that caters to mine, because your type eats that shit up like it's prime rib.

I can tell that your just another paranoid fundie nut that goes around with "liberal agenda" on his lips. My "agenda" is to live a happy life; so sorry it doesn't fit your definition of happiness. And btw, I have no tolerance for jackasses, jackass.
Righty Whiteman

Avon Lake, OH

#21 Nov 18, 2008
Reasoner wrote:
<quoted text>
...And btw, I have no tolerance for jackasses, jackass....
Nice rebuttal...you must be a queer. Queers (other than some ladies) are the only ones that use the term "jackass". Come out, COME OUT, COME OUT OF THE CLOSET, GAYBOY!

Lake Titicaca!

#22 Nov 18, 2008
Righty Whiteman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice rebuttal...you must be a queer. Queers (other than some ladies) are the only ones that use the term "jackass". Come out, COME OUT, COME OUT OF THE CLOSET, GAYBOY!
And look, the redneck is a bigot as well! Shocking!!! No I'm not gay, I'm just smarter than you, which obviously bothers you. Most people of your ilk can't keep up with me, so you resort to infantile missives that quickly reveal your level of intelligence; I expect nothing less.

However, if I was gay, it wouldn't be something that I would be ashamed of, since it's none of your goddamned business how I live. So I'm not sure why you would think that your comments would be hurtful to a gay person. I'm guessing that you're gay as gay can be since you seem to be fixated by the subject. Your name isn't Ted Haggard, is it? LOL

Now are you able to debate, or should I dismiss you like I do all bigoted cretins that have nothing original to say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

News Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Does Hollywood protect sexual predators? Nov 12 End Predation 1
How I got my Husband back Nov 11 Judith Moore 1
News Fox's Smith avoids story covered heavily by col... Nov 10 USA Today 1
News Fox News analyst: Victims of sexual assault are... Nov 10 USA Today 1
News Clarence Thomas to appear in rare TV interview Nov 3 C Kersey 1
News The Fox News-cum-Murdoch effect: Mueller must r... Oct 31 mr gleeble 6
News Women are asking men in politics to step up in ... Oct 20 youll shoot your ... 6
More from around the web