Snakehead Fish Found, Officials To Dr...

Snakehead Fish Found, Officials To Drain Lake - News Story - WR...

There are 5 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Feb 13, 2008, titled Snakehead Fish Found, Officials To Drain Lake - News Story - WR.... In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission plans to begin draining a pond today in Montgomery County to search for a fish with a voracious appetite.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

Bobby

Midlothian, VA

#1 Feb 19, 2008
This is the UGLIEST fish EVER i am very upset that they found these in the US and now i am moving to Africa!! I hope that i have a better life in Africa. People that found these did a horrible job about the subject!! Who wants their kids or them self attacked by something like this. I am furious with the US!! Bye i am moving.

Please comment back!!
camilla szilgar

Cape Coral, FL

#2 Feb 25, 2008
i heard about this fish in reading class at skel. gulf coast university, and they said that the gov. tryed draining the lake and they said no. then they dumped chemicals that killed the plant life, taking away the oxygen from the water, then they finally electricuted the fish and all of them floated to the top. but then just 1 year later another one of the deadly eat everything fish was found by a fishermen.

one idea the people didn't try was to bobm it. when you through a hand bomb into the water and it will make every single fish in the pond and no more problem.

but dumping in toxic chemicals and poisens are just crazy, then the lake will get no use and somebody will die from accidentally going into it.
camilla szilgar

Cape Coral, FL

#3 Feb 25, 2008
Bobby wrote:
This is the UGLIEST fish EVER i am very upset that they found these in the US and now i am moving to Africa!! I hope that i have a better life in Africa. People that found these did a horrible job about the subject!! Who wants their kids or them self attacked by something like this. I am furious with the US!! Bye i am moving.
Please comment back!!
uhmm, in africa they have killer snakes that bite with deadly venom. and they go through your pluming pipes and ending up in you tube when you r taking a shower, or in your toliet when you r using it, and even in your sink, and if you don't find them while they r cuming up your pipe it wll b in your house....soo NOOOO you do not want to move to africa unless you wanna have a suprise waiting in your pipes....... in the US the fish would b a better idea if you don't go swimming!!!!!
Dimebag

Ithaca, NY

#4 May 17, 2012
Trust me, the bass, croaker, striper, catfish and all other species
are all going to be getting bigger, from eating young snakeheads, the round eye goby an invasive species released from ballast water from European Ships, throughout the great lakes. Was at first feared to destroy the populations of walleye, yellow perch, smallmouth bass, but 8 years later, all species are getting exponentially bigger, 8 to 9 lb smallmouth are commonly caught now when it was rare years ago,,,I think nature deals with these things, by itself.
Justin Igger

Chevy Chase, MD

#5 May 17, 2012
Dimebag wrote:
Trust me, the bass, croaker, striper, catfish and all other species
are all going to be getting bigger, from eating young snakeheads, the round eye goby an invasive species released from ballast water from European Ships, throughout the great lakes. Was at first feared to destroy the populations of walleye, yellow perch, smallmouth bass, but 8 years later, all species are getting exponentially bigger, 8 to 9 lb smallmouth are commonly caught now when it was rare years ago,,,I think nature deals with these things, by itself.
This thread is from 2008. Here we are 4 years later and the snakehead hasn't eaten everything in the bay. I've heard they are great forage for the Rockfish and Bluefish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

News Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what is the best forums in usa (Nov '08) 7 hr Aris dhiamandi 142
News Starbucks lifts ban on man who confronted peopl... Jul 27 whineybuxmanagment 1
News Fox News Won't Fire Black Racist Commentator (May '12) Jul 20 Big Knob 6
HacK WIreless Connection UsIng AndroId DevIce E... Jul 7 extraplus 1
News Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton: Neither would be ... Jun '15 private guy 2
News Fox News releases Bob Beckel over his 'personal... Jun '15 ananamis 1
News 'Father' Marries His 'Son' Jun '15 Mr_FX 40
More from around the web