No joke: NYC couple is married by com...

No joke: NYC couple is married by comedian Kathy Griffin

There are 2 comments on the The Associated Press story from Mar 9, 2008, titled No joke: NYC couple is married by comedian Kathy Griffin . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

“It's so unusual and something we'll always remember”

She has been a sitcom character, a sometime talk show host and the centerpiece of her own reality show. Now Kathy Griffin has appeared in an unlikely new role _ minister.

The often provocative comedian _ who raised some Christian groups' hackles by joking about Jesus while accepting an Emmy Award last September _ became ordained through an online church to officiate Saturday at the New York wedding of two fans, Brian Anstey and Elka Shapiro.

'The request came in, and how could I say no?' Griffin, 47, told the Daily News. 'I love that this couple just want to have fun. They're my kind of people.' Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Stratford, CT

#1 Mar 9, 2008
Great wedding. Had a great time. David hit on cathy.

Iquique, Chile

#2 Nov 1, 2013
i hope she marries my d and her

so yeah

hope you get that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

News Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rupert Murdoch: 'Doubtful' That Romney Will Bea... (Jul '12) Tue Swedenforever 16
what is the best forums in usa (Nov '08) Nov 13 Enter 145
News Fox News founder Rupert Murdoch suggests Obama ... Oct 28 Taurantinos genius 10
News Video Spotlight - Gangs in Jacksonville -- Part... (Feb '08) Sep '15 VerySeriousIndivi... 46
News VIDEO - Donald Trump: "US Must Take in Syrian M... Sep '15 wild child 1
News Anti-Police Protesters' New Target: Sunday Brun... (Jan '15) Sep '15 Anonymous 2
News List limits booze sales for Illinois city's hab... Sep '15 unclesam 5
More from around the web