Two years after being absorbed by Del...

Two years after being absorbed by Delta, Northwest Airlines gear is a hot ticket

There are 26 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 16, 2011, titled Two years after being absorbed by Delta, Northwest Airlines gear is a hot ticket. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Northwest Airlines may be no more, but its memorabilia is flying high. Two national museums are seeking donations of the longtime Minnesota company's artifacts, including timetables and plane models.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 11

Cottage Grove, MN

#1 May 17, 2011
- Aeroclassic Northwest Airlines 747-100 airplane model:$101.99

- NWA commemorative employee red tail trophy:$62.99

- Two NWA flight attendant service pins:$80.01

- NWA set of three magnets:$29.99

- NWA poster of a 787:$40

- 11 silver-plated knives with NWA logo:$14.99

- Glass paperweight of a 757:$30

- 1950s Northwest travel poster:$79

- NWA crew jacket:$29

Signed bar tab by the drunken pilots from Fargo: Priceless
nick

Saint Paul, MN

#2 May 17, 2011
the NWA History Centre is a great place to visit, have been there several times. For more information go to their web site, NWA History.org you'll enjoy it.
iowa viking

West Des Moines, IA

#3 May 17, 2011
I used to fly nwa all the time, even part of their mile club, declined delta's inviation into theirs, it was a local airline that lost it's touch after the mechanics strike, I usually fly sun country now (I like the sandwich, leather chairs and extra leg room) although when it comes to major flights I take delta just don't really care for it is all
Old NWA Guy

New Philadelphia, OH

#4 May 17, 2011
Aircraft Technolgy Engineering and Maintenance Magazine recognized Delta Tech Ops as the best airframe MRO provider in the Americas and engine MRO as the best provider for 2011.Engine MRO.

What say the malcontents who regularly dump on Delta Tech Ops. Since NMW folded into Delta. proves again that NWA Tech Ops didn't miss a beat when they went on strike against NWA. Looks to me as NW/DL is doing better than ever. All the venom spitting at NW/DL and RA has been a waste of time. Look at the results, best Tech ops and the worlds most profitable airline. I'll bet Spade and the boys are fuming.

Since: Nov 10

st.paul

#5 May 17, 2011
Hey i have a flight attendant, how much for her.lol
Xflygirl

Minneapolis, MN

#6 May 17, 2011
I certainly hope that any donations are given to the Bloomington NWA Museum. As for the Delta Atlanta Museum.....let em buy it on Ebay if they want it. They treat the NWA employees like the redheaded stepchildren.
Carl LaFong

Clermont, FL

#7 May 17, 2011
Execs to DL.
Good luck
Toad

Decatur, GA

#8 May 17, 2011
Xflygirl wrote:
I certainly hope that any donations are given to the Bloomington NWA Museum. As for the Delta Atlanta Museum.....let em buy it on Ebay if they want it. They treat the NWA employees like the redheaded stepchildren.
That's a lie! I am part of DAL and I treat PNWA as equals. If you want to stir the pot, start a stew. Idiot.
not a fine wine

Waitsfield, VT

#9 May 18, 2011
Old NWA Guy wrote:
Aircraft Technolgy Engineering and Maintenance Magazine recognized Delta Tech Ops as the best airframe MRO provider in the Americas and engine MRO as the best provider for 2011.Engine MRO.
What say the malcontents who regularly dump on Delta Tech Ops. Since NMW folded into Delta. proves again that NWA Tech Ops didn't miss a beat when they went on strike against NWA. Looks to me as NW/DL is doing better than ever. All the venom spitting at NW/DL and RA has been a waste of time. Look at the results, best Tech ops and the worlds most profitable airline. I'll bet Spade and the boys are fuming.
Not fuming, RoFlmao. Delta and the old nwa were always good airlines. Even after the checchi & wilson,and the LBO, NWA did well. However, within time.., and the cream always floating to the top, things started to sour. Both dickey, and doug, along with checchi & wilson's greed, were responsible for the in-house fighting that ended NWA. Every department had their own set of goals. Pitting each department against the other. It was designed to fail, and FAIL it did ! I am only guessing that delta is starting to feel this same separation. No longer a family/one airline, but a neighborhood of neighbors who don't get along. When one neighbor has it good the rest resent him, and work their a$$ off to make him look bad. End result... The neighborhood falls apart trying to out do each other. Sure Delta will make some good news here or there, but in the long run... They'll end up fighting for their place ! Hence nwa's Jethro Bodine... Know your place.
Charles

AOL

#10 May 18, 2011
iowa viking wrote:
I used to fly nwa all the time, even part of their mile club, declined delta's inviation into theirs, it was a local airline that lost it's touch after the mechanics strike, I usually fly sun country now (I like the sandwich, leather chairs and extra leg room) although when it comes to major flights I take delta just don't really care for it is all
True. After the illegal lockout of the Northwest aircraft mechanics it has been all downhill from there for both Northwest Airlines as well as delta airways. We have now chosen to fly either on AirTran Airlines or Southwest Airlines for both buisness and pleasure trips. So far we have been well satisfied with both.

Since: Nov 10

st.paul

#11 May 18, 2011
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie! I am part of DAL and I treat PNWA as equals. If you want to stir the pot, start a stew. Idiot.
Oh really, so youíre telling me my daughter is a liar, you speak for all dal employees, right, thats a awful big foot youíre inserting in your mouth, the truth is she works twice as hard for less pay for dal, then she did for northwest. they use this nwa union bullshet as an excuse not to pay nwa people the same pay, wait till they start getting rid of people, seniority will be worth nothing, without the union they can pick and choose, so good luck with that toad !
Melinda

Houston, TX

#12 May 18, 2011
Toad wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie! I am part of DAL and I treat PNWA as equals. If you want to stir the pot, start a stew. Idiot.
I can tell by your post! GREAT example! Nice work!
ex-hp

Saint Paul, MN

#13 May 18, 2011
Charles wrote:
<quoted text>
True. After the illegal lockout of the Northwest aircraft mechanics it has been all downhill from there for both Northwest Airlines as well as delta airways. We have now chosen to fly either on AirTran Airlines or Southwest Airlines for both buisness and pleasure trips. So far we have been well satisfied with both.
Just STOP SYbil..it wasn't "illegal" and what the hell is buisness anyway? Loser..you LOST..and we? You mean you and your 8000 differnt AOL names?
Anonymous

United States

#14 May 18, 2011
I REMEBER BROKERING THE FLYWRITE CERTS AND HAVING THOSE CORPORATE IDIOTS CHASING ME AROUND TRYING TO SUE ME FOR DAMAGES WHILE CHECCE AND WILSON BEGGED THE STATE FOR CORPORATE WELFARE. WAITED FOR STOCK PRICES TO PEAK CASH OUT AND BAIL. YEAH SO LONG NORTHWEST. FUN MEMORIES
Xflygirl

Saint Paul, MN

#15 May 18, 2011
Geez...you people go every which way but loose. All I wanted to do is encourage donations to NWA Museum in Bloominton (I've got TONS of "stuff"). Let Delta buy the collectibles on EBAY & pay for them if they want them. They don't deserve ANY collectibles from our history without paying money for them. They don't deserve ANYTHING !!!!! from donations.
Anonymous

Brainerd, MN

#16 May 19, 2011
DONATIONS! PALLEEEAADE lets ask the general public for money to build a museum that reminds the tax payers how they've been screwed by Northwest airlines top brass. HEY why not solicit Checce Wilson and ANderson. While your at it maybe Frank Lorenzo might give money. SHEESH
Old NWA Guy

New Philadelphia, OH

#17 May 19, 2011
Charles wrote:
<quoted text>
True. After the illegal lockout of the Northwest aircraft mechanics it has been all downhill from there for both Northwest Airlines as well as delta airways. We have now chosen to fly either on AirTran Airlines or Southwest Airlines for both buisness and pleasure trips. So far we have been well satisfied with both.
Spade, you know there wasn't any lock out don't you? You lost, and canb't stand it can you?
Toad

Decatur, GA

#18 May 19, 2011
TUBB29 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh really, so youíre telling me my daughter is a liar, you speak for all dal employees, right, thats a awful big foot youíre inserting in your mouth, the truth is she works twice as hard for less pay for dal, then she did for northwest. they use this nwa union bullshet as an excuse not to pay nwa people the same pay, wait till they start getting rid of people, seniority will be worth nothing, without the union they can pick and choose, so good luck with that toad !
Now I've been informed that your daughter is one of the minority members of PMNW that think DAL is the end of world. Snap. Here's reality. You attempt to spread fear w/ irrational statements based upon hate. DAL has been around for over 70yrs and has never, ever deleted sen. for any reason. Your daughter, if she does speak like you is a union hag. DAL FA's have been asked 3 times to vote for a union. All 3 times we have voted a resounding NO. W/ the mergers of WAL/NEA and acquiring a part of PAA, the DAL FA's rank are filled w/ 68% former union members yet the unions have never been able to get the majority to vote yes. Your daughter may have a chance to vote again, alas, until that chapter is closed, her wages will be contract wages. The day the no vote is certified, she will then begin a process that takes about 2 mos. to bring her up to DAL scale. You make a terrible post of stew.

Since: Nov 10

st.paul

#19 May 19, 2011
Heres one for you toad, you do know your corporate headquarters are in washinton, you do know that itís an AT WILL STATE, do you know what that means ? it means they can hire you at will and fire you at will seniority dosnít mean squat, if youíre a 30 yr. employee i suggest you take the buyout, in the next coming months all you dal people are going to know exactly how the northwest people felt, wait till they take the 4, 747 400ís of line, where are all those people going to go, you talk what a great airline dal has been, wait till you get a look at the future, and trust me toad my daughter is not a union hag, but for you to stand there and tell people that some dal people arnít rude and nasty to NWA employees is utter bullshet, your just a fool in la la land, and thats coming to an end real soon, oh and by the way a i have a sister inlaw that retired from dal 5 years ago, i could right a book on what she didnít like about dal, good luck with your future youíl need it.
Anonymous

United States

#20 May 19, 2011
I AM AN EX FRQUENT FLIER COUPON BROKER.I made a living buying and sellingfrequent flier miles.I bought miles from road warriors and sold to travel agents and individuals who didn't want to pay outragious prices door short notice and international first class fares.THese miles were property of the people that earned them not the fatcats at nwa.both nwa andDal were relentless on suing me and accusing me of stealing from the company.WHILE THE REAL CROOKS WERE CHECCE AND WILSON. I WISH YOU PEOPLE LUCK IN TRYING TO GET ANY MONEY FOR DONATIONS FOR BAD MEMORIES OF AN EX AIRLINE RUN BY GREED

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northwest Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Northwest, baggage handler impasse heads to judge (May '06) Jan '17 jcr 99
what are the circles in the earth over new mexi... (Sep '07) Aug '16 Billyboy 53
exnwa.com hurts inocent children (Mar '07) Jun '16 Ashley 539
What we are leaving our childern (May '16) May '16 Jesse Freeman 1
News $1 for a bag of airline pretzels? (Apr '06) Aug '15 fatso 6
News Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts (Jun '06) May '15 Brown Sugar 38,799
News KLM Catering Services Schiphol bv: Foodservice ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Leachmark707 1
More from around the web