what are the circles in the earth ove...

what are the circles in the earth over new mexico & texas as seen from plane

Posted in the Northwest Airlines Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Horton Stevenson

Eden Prairie, MN

#1 Sep 11, 2007
What is the origin and purpose of circles seen over the mountains in New Mexico and on the ground over New Mexico and Texas--as well as other mountainous and arid areas?

I've asked many stewies about this and none of them know, except the various "bvious direction pointers in the earth for airlines," so the stewies say.

However there are great many circles in the earth over arid and mountains. Are the oil wells? Water wells?

Maybe there's somebody who knows here.
Horton Stevenson

Eden Prairie, MN

#2 Sep 11, 2007
The winner of this contest gets a plane trip to Santa Fe, which they will have to buy themselves.:)

And my undying gratitude to their astuteness.
Big D

Lakeville, MN

#3 Sep 14, 2007
I don't know, but I imagine, after reading many of the other posts on this site, that they will somehow be linked to NWA and their former mechanics....
Reluctant Flyer V1

Eden Prairie, MN

#5 Sep 14, 2007
Big D wrote:
I don't know, but I imagine, after reading many of the other posts on this site, that they will somehow be linked to NWA and their former mechanics....
Ha! Good one. However I NEVER have got any knowledgeable reply on this! And what is more strange is that NONE of the people who are, or pretend to be pilots or associated with the airline industry, have posted an answer.
NWARETCAPT

Chaska, MN

#6 Sep 14, 2007
Reluctant Flyer V1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Good one. However I NEVER have got any knowledgeable reply on this! And what is more strange is that NONE of the people who are, or pretend to be pilots or associated with the airline industry, have posted an answer.
The circles you may be talking about are probably caused by irrigation systems. In the center of the circle there is a well and a long pipe suspended by a structure of steel supports on wheels that pivots from the well and moves in a circle around the well, irrigating the ground it reaches. In other words, a large sprinkler system. This is the common way to irrigate out west and other parts of the country, in fairly arid areas where farming would not thrive without it. It's a system that's been used for years.
Reluctant Flyer V1

Eden Prairie, MN

#7 Sep 14, 2007
NWARETCAPT wrote:
<quoted text>
The circles you may be talking about are probably caused by irrigation systems. In the center of the circle there is a well and a long pipe suspended by a structure of steel supports on wheels that pivots from the well and moves in a circle around the well, irrigating the ground it reaches. In other words, a large sprinkler system. This is the common way to irrigate out west and other parts of the country, in fairly arid areas where farming would not thrive without it. It's a system that's been used for years.
That would make sense all right except from the air there's not a sign of a blade of grass. But that's the closest answer I've got.

Thank you, Cptn.:)
NWARETCAPT

Chaska, MN

#8 Sep 14, 2007
Reluctant Flyer V1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would make sense all right except from the air there's not a sign of a blade of grass. But that's the closest answer I've got.
Thank you, Cptn.:)
That's probably because the crop is wheat and not corn, beans or alfalfa.
Rod

Greenville, SC

#9 Nov 11, 2007
I saw the same thing when flying from Charlotte to Phoenix on October 17, 2007. The circles are amazing and are in different colors. They go on for miles, are perfect in circumference.
Old NWA Guy

Waxhaw, NC

#10 Nov 12, 2007
Rod wrote:
I saw the same thing when flying from Charlotte to Phoenix on October 17, 2007. The circles are amazing and are in different colors. They go on for miles, are perfect in circumference.
As Capt. said they are definitely irrigation marks that pivot around a center point and can extend out several hundred feet on flat ground. they are quite prevalent in certain parts of the US. They may also have something to do with the Northwest mechanics but not sure.
Organic Panic

United States

#11 Nov 12, 2007
Ask Shirley MacLaine!

Since: Dec 06

Reno, NV

#12 Nov 12, 2007
No you all have it wrong those are UFO sites. EXNorthwest Mechanics have been secretly meeting with Aliens to forcably take over Northwest and get rid of Doug Steenland.
Chris

Campus, IL

#13 Nov 12, 2007
Old NWA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
As Capt. said they are definitely irrigation marks that pivot around a center point and can extend out several hundred feet on flat ground. they are quite prevalent in certain parts of the US. They may also have something to do with the Northwest mechanics but not sure.

They are really the remains of ONG sphincter after Douggy got done having his way with him. Man thats tight!!
not a fine wine

United States

#14 Nov 12, 2007
Big D wrote:
You got it. These circles are Navaids used by NWA now that all their avionic mechanics are gone. Andy really likes them because they're BIG, and can be seen from outer space. Just like his Big a$$ opinion of himself.......... How's that?
Old NWA Guy

Waxhaw, NC

#15 Nov 13, 2007
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
They are really the remains of ONG sphincter after Douggy got done having his way with him. Man thats tight!!
What an intelligent remark. You will fit in well with the malcontents!!!
Chris

Campus, IL

#16 Nov 13, 2007
Old NWA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
What an intelligent remark. You will fit in well with the malcontents!!!
Better than being a big ole NWA a$$ smoocher!
cordova

AOL

#17 Nov 13, 2007
Horton Stevenson wrote:
What is the origin and purpose of circles seen over the mountains in New Mexico and on the ground over New Mexico and Texas--as well as other mountainous and arid areas?
I've asked many stewies about this and none of them know, except the various "bvious direction pointers in the earth for airlines," so the stewies say.
However there are great many circles in the earth over arid and mountains. Are the oil wells? Water wells?
Maybe there's somebody who knows here.
hey moron they are now stewies, and not your tour guides. Your most probably talking about farming, which does it in circles, for reasons of irrigation and probably erosion.
Old NWA Guy

Waxhaw, NC

#18 Nov 13, 2007
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than being a big ole NWA a$$ smoocher!
Apparently you are familiar with a$$ smooching. Is that what the malcontents are up to? Why don't you try some scat jokes. That is also 2nd grade stuff.
Chris

Campus, IL

#19 Nov 14, 2007
Old NWA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are familiar with a$$ smooching. Is that what the malcontents are up to? Why don't you try some scat jokes. That is also 2nd grade stuff.
Yeah, I guess working at NWA for many years and seeing employees the likes of you running around with lips loaded in the smooching position, I have seen quite a bit of it, I don't quite have the talent or jelly spine needed for the frequency of time bent over in that position though like you and youre fellow NWA malcontents!

Oh yeah go and wipe that scat off of your nose while you are at it. Did I cover it all for you Krusty?
Old NWA Guy

Waxhaw, NC

#20 Nov 14, 2007
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I guess working at NWA for many years and seeing employees the likes of you running around with lips loaded in the smooching position, I have seen quite a bit of it, I don't quite have the talent or jelly spine needed for the frequency of time bent over in that position though like you and youre fellow NWA malcontents!
Oh yeah go and wipe that scat off of your nose while you are at it. Did I cover it all for you Krusty?
I think you described yourself perfectly. You will fit in fine with the malcontents.
Bill

Campus, IL

#21 Nov 14, 2007
Old NWA Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You,you,you stupid head!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northwest Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
exnwa.com hurts inocent children (Mar '07) Jun '16 Ashley 539
What we are leaving our childern May '16 Jesse Freeman 1
News $1 for a bag of airline pretzels? (Apr '06) Aug '15 fatso 6
News Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts (Jun '06) May '15 Brown Sugar 38,802
News KLM Catering Services Schiphol bv: Foodservice ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Leachmark707 1
News Ruben Rosario: A 'drunk Northwest captain' no more (Feb '11) Nov '14 Lprouse 47
News At Northwest Airlines: Meet the new boss (Oct '08) Aug '14 Really 18
More from around the web