Al Checchi & Gary Wilson join DELTA Board of Directors

Posted in the Northwest Airlines Forum

delta queen

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Apr 5, 2007
any comments on something like this happening !?
Just An Observer

Oscoda, MI

#2 Apr 5, 2007
Sure, obviously they miss their corporate raiding days. Guess the withdrawal symtoms are too hard to take. They'll make a mess of the airline, just wait.
Former RSA II

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Apr 5, 2007
it's a case of...you rub my back, I'll rub yours!
Google-man hnl

Mililani, HI

#4 Apr 5, 2007
Just An Observer wrote:
Sure, obviously they miss their corporate raiding days. Guess the withdrawal symtoms are too hard to take. They'll make a mess of the airline, just wait.
If Delta Airlines brings those two losers into their Re-organization Plans, they will find themselves back in BK COURT and dead-broke!!
Steven

AOL

#5 Apr 5, 2007
Why would Delta want a couple of known crooks on their board. Its time to break out the K-Y at Delta if there is any left over from the screwing Northwest employees have gotten.
Las Vegas

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Apr 8, 2007
Again, more "MUST KEEP EXECS". They have contributed so much to the company 'HOW' can we afford to let them go. What a joke!

As was posted. " Why would Delta want a couple of known crooks on their board. Its time to break out the K-Y at Delta if there is any left over from the screwing Northwest employees have gotten. "

Interesting side note, loser chicki thought his ill gotten money would make him CA governor. He lost big time. At least the people in CA knew better.
Brian

AOL

#7 Apr 9, 2007
Steven wrote:
Why would Delta want a couple of known crooks on their board. Its time to break out the K-Y at Delta if there is any left over from the screwing Northwest employees have gotten.
Good point.
MARK

Romulus, MI

#8 Jun 19, 2007
they just need another airlinf to rape
those two have never made a dime in any other venture!
Google-man hnl

Mililani, HI

#9 Jun 24, 2007
MARK wrote:
they just need another airlinf to rape
those two have never made a dime in any other venture!
I wonder if Checci/Wilson are planning a Frank Lorenzo Style LBO, like bringing CAL, DAL, and NWA together as 'One Airline', to become the #3 slot; behind #1 AA and #2 UA? With new Equity Fund Monies ($Billions in Cash), anythings possible now days.. And remember the experts were saying after passing the 78' Airline De-regulation Act, there would only be 3 Major Carriers left Intact!!
Google-man hnl

Mililani, HI

#10 Jul 7, 2007
Well here we go again, PBS's NBR had a Airline Analyst on saying Merger's are 'the name of the game' again (7-6-07), he's betting on a DAL/NWA or a USAIR/UAL marriage, but not sure who the Bride will be? And we sure don't need anymore 'shot-gun' weddings, like say, the Francisco Lorenzo Era!!
NWA Retiree Taiwan

Taipei, Taiwan

#11 Jul 8, 2007
Well, I thought that Delta was smarter than that????? My goodness, another Checci/Wilson rape of another good airline. I was present at JFK whem Mr. Checci came to the big apple and said I am not in this to make money, I already have 50 million dollars. Well, when he resigned from the board, I am sure he had another 10 million. When he bought NWA we owned all of our airplanes and a billion dollar property at Narita, when he left NWA we lease most of our airplanes and by the way - minus the billion dollar property, so maybe more that 10 million. WATCH OUT DELTA for those two rapiest.
Chris in Mpls

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Mar 25, 2011
Al Checci absconded with millions of dollars allocated for other purposes from the State of Minnesota and started a new life in Cali with his ill-gotten gains. This ultimately led to the buyout of Northwest Airlines by Delta and the loss of many TC jobs when operations were transferred to Delta in Atlanta. This scumbag deserves to be "taken out back" for what he has done, minimum.
Old NWA Guy

Fort Myers, FL

#13 Mar 30, 2011
Spade and the Malcontents are showing there bitterness again.
Ailine Joe

Oscoda, MI

#14 Jul 22, 2011
DELTA employees be prepared your days are numbered. With Al and Gary running the show its like old times 1988 all over again.People say you can learn alot from History and ex NWA employees know what I am talking about.
Old NWA Guy

Monroe, NC

#15 Jul 22, 2011
WAs that your posting ,Spade. It looks like your intellectual level.
SB From Boston

New Britain, CT

#16 Sep 6, 2012
Al Checchi is one of the best bussiness men around!
He made nwa one of the best ailines in the USA
Some peole are ungreatful and jealous ! Take a look at
how many Airlines have gone under,its the way of business now. What happened to NWA has nothing to do with Al !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Northwest Airlines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Northwest Flight Attendants Reject Cuts (Jun '06) Feb 21 Ikramul Hoquw 38,794
KLM Catering Services Schiphol bv: Foodservice ... Jan '15 Leachmark707 1
Ruben Rosario: A 'drunk Northwest captain' no more (Feb '11) Nov '14 Lprouse 47
At Northwest Airlines: Meet the new boss (Oct '08) Aug '14 Really 18
what are the circles in the earth over new mexi... (Sep '07) Jul '14 Baggie Gluey 50
US increases international airport security, ta... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Prost 1
News for the malcontents Wino and Spade (Jul '13) Apr '14 not a fine wine 404
More from around the web