Judge recommends end to Nokia probe: Qualcomm

Oct 21, 2007 Full story: Reuters

Qualcomm Inc said on Friday that a judge had recommended ending a U.S. International Trade Commission investigation of a complaint Nokia Oyj had brought against Qualcomm. via Reuters

Full Story
the Realist

Plant City, FL

#1 Oct 21, 2007
You posters may have a thing with games, I have a problem with Sony TVs and the fact that they did not have a total recall on these many model numbers having problems. Where is the FTC and other consumer advocates. This is a copy of an email from Sony and after talking with their customer services department and they said the message was recorded the customer service department did not know anything about it. What else is going to happen with Sony Products. I would not buy another Sony TV,digital camera etc, I would rather stair at a still painting. They should have replaced all the TVs in question.
COPY OF EMAIL SUPPOSEDLY SENT OUT TO ALL CONCERNED
Sony is having too many problems lately, they may be able to make those phony games, but their quality stinks. This is a copy of an email.

Dear valued Sony customer,

As technology evolves, Sony continually looks to stand behind the reliability of its televisions. It has come to our attention that a limited number of Grand WEGA rear projection televisions (KDF-42WE655, KDF-50WE655, KDF-55WF655, KDF-60WF655,
KDF-55XS955, KDF-60XS955, KF-42WE620 and KF-50WE620), after a period of time, exhibit blue dot or star pattern on the screen.

As part of our commitment to quality, Sony is announcing that for any owner of these model televisions who paid out-of pocket expenses on or before August 31, 2007 for an estimate or repair service to replace the optical block for this specific issue, Sony will reimburse the customer by mail for his/her parts and labor expenses. To receive reimbursement, please follow completely the directions on the claim form. All claims must be postmarked by January 31, 2008. See claim form for complete terms and conditions.

In addition, for any customer who later experiences this issue on one of the affected models, Sony will cover the cost of the optical block repair (parts and labor) at no charge through December 31, 2008. All other terms of the Sony limited warranty continue to apply. Sony utilizes a network of hundreds of qualified independent third-party servicers to perform in-home television warranty service. Sony, through its authorized servicer network, will endeavor to repair your set within 30 days of your first contact. For diagnosis, warranty service, or if you are not provided a repair within 30 days, please contact Sony at (888) 649-7669.

Best regards,

Sony Electronics

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nokia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Technology Puts Detroit Back on Top (May '11) May '14 Auto-Safety 16
Back up & Restore Contacts on Your Symbian Noki... (Mar '14) Mar '14 randolph07 1
Nokia handsets unit being bought by Microsoft s... (Jan '14) Jan '14 B-tech 1
Buying Jolla and waking up Symbian. (Oct '13) Oct '13 Isaiah 1
Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? (May '13) Sep '13 MR HENRY 3
Market Maker Surveillance Report. NOK, RAD, INT... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Pavar 2
Canaccord Genuity Lowers Nokia Price Target to ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Emilio 1

Nokia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE