Officer Dies After Shooting in Suburb...

Officer Dies After Shooting in Suburb East of NYC

There are 25 comments on the Fox News story from Mar 12, 2011, titled Officer Dies After Shooting in Suburb East of NYC. In it, Fox News reports that:

Police say an officer and a suspect have died following a shooting in a suburb east of New York City.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cathy from Massapequa

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Mar 19, 2011
Funny Paul as i totally am not questioning any of the officers that night. You are all tranined to do this & i respect the Police dept. I did wonder if Nassau had stun guns or rubber bullets. It seemed that may have been an answer. I say may cause i wasnt there.
My arguement here is that the loss of the boy is just as much of a loss to his family as the cop is to his. Thats my only arguement. I feel for EVERYONE involved.
Thanks Paul for the insight. I wondered that the whole time
Paul Klass

New York, NY

#23 Mar 19, 2011
Nassau will have a large law suit, no doupt settle out of court in a few years from this boys parents. The hard working Nassau tax paying residnts will front the bill for a few million no doupt. You will see alot of changes from Nassau police.

not to mention the 7TH PCT are well known for years to be the slowest Nassau Police Dept all the officers want to work int he 7th pct because it is so slow. They even get mad when calls come in and they need to respond. I think that played a hand in this the officers were upset it was not a easy collar.
bbb

White Plains, NY

#24 Mar 19, 2011
Paul Klass wrote:
I have to say honestly as a former Suffolk Police officer this would have never happened in Suffolk County.
Stun Gun, Mace-pepper spray, rubber bullets, tear gas, call for back up, riot shield and riot gear, or have his parents talk him out to surender. I would have called in a Sgt and hostage neg to talk tot his kid. No one would have died if this happened in Suffolk County.
Nassau Cops over paid, under worked, and not trained properly oviously.
your other posting you said you were a former NCPD now your suffolk?? see couldnt pass the tests so now lets play pretend cop!!!! same jerk different name!!
Common Sense

Stratford, CT

#25 Mar 19, 2011
Paul Klass wrote:
I have to say honestly as a former Suffolk Police officer this would have never happened in Suffolk County.
Stun Gun, Mace-pepper spray, rubber bullets, tear gas, call for back up, riot shield and riot gear, or have his parents talk him out to surender. I would have called in a Sgt and hostage neg to talk tot his kid. No one would have died if this happened in Suffolk County.
Nassau Cops over paid, under worked, and not trained properly oviously.
I totally agree Paul.
Blart I am a Mall Cop

New York, NY

#26 Mar 26, 2011
The poor young kids got killed by the 7th Pct Nassau police Officer . I bet lunge with a knife is a good BS story that made up to cover their @ss.
Nassau Cops Policy Shoot first so you can go home. Wish they would admit Police made a bad judgement call.
I will continue on by saying I think these officers need to be suspended or perminate desk duty they are not fir for field work.
How about only 1 bullet to the hand for this kid or knee?
So many other choices they could have made but did not! Bad Judjement by overpaid under worked Nassau 7th Pct Cops.

They should have used: Taser, Stun guns , Mace , pepper spray, knight sticks, call Swat, use big riot shields, wait for back up. Tear Gas. Bum rush the woom with protective gear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newsday Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Temple Grandin tells parents about growing up w... Nov '16 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 1
News New DWI arrest for Mastic woman (Jan '11) Aug '15 dottie 16
News NY teacher's prom role: Sewing-kit ace who fixe... (May '15) May '15 DILF 4
News Cops: Pharmacy robber, fed agent shot dead in NY (Jan '12) Jan '15 Beenthere 34
News A dog gets oxygen from the Wyandanch-Wheatley H... (Mar '11) Nov '14 GladToBeOutOfLong... 12
News Plan To Send Immigrant Children To NY Causes Up... (Aug '14) Aug '14 spud 13
News In tiny NY village, 26 votes could mean victory (Jul '14) Jul '14 Naughtyrobot 2
More from around the web