Officer Dies After Shooting in Suburb East of NYC

Mar 12, 2011 Read more: Fox News 25

Police say an officer and a suspect have died following a shooting in a suburb east of New York City.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Suprised

Woodhaven, NY

#1 Mar 13, 2011
I am very suprised they were able to get the 7th pct to actually do something., The slowest Pct in Nassau, you usally find the 7th pcy hiding in the firehouses or at 7-11 begging for free cofee and donuts.
Problem is the North of the Tracks Trash in Masapequa Park.
Lots of drugs no doupt this kid was high on Heroin that be bought from a neighbor in Massapequa Park.
John Mack

Massapequa, NY

#2 Mar 13, 2011
Suprised wrote:
I am very suprised they were able to get the 7th pct to actually do something., The slowest Pct in Nassau, you usally find the 7th pcy hiding in the firehouses or at 7-11 begging for free cofee and donuts.
Problem is the North of the Tracks Trash in Masapequa Park.
Lots of drugs no doupt this kid was high on Heroin that be bought from a neighbor in Massapequa Park.

Get your facts straight you dolt. The guy was emotionally disturbed like yourself. Although there may be some empty suits in the 7th Pct, don't use your broad brush of stupidity. It's obvious your a cop hater and you also are oblivious to the fact most of the heroin/pill problem kids are from the self acclaimed elite from the Shores. There are problems with drugs North too but don't be so foolish and naive. As a police officer in NYC and a resident of Massapequa, I take offense to your inane comments. Your a bitter drunk I would guess who couldn't make it as a cop and you hate your boring job and turn to the computer to wave an angry yellow fist. If you'd like to discuss it further, I will be at the Bagel store in the King Kullen shopping center at 10:30 AM. I drive a red GMC and I'm wearing black jeans, a green shirt w/Marine Corps emblem. Can't wait to see you.
Croatian Girl

Woodhaven, NY

#3 Mar 13, 2011
I live in Massapequa Park and always get pulled over by the Police here the first think the Police say is your beautiful honey, sweetie. I have no doupt Nassau Police pull over pretty woman to ger connections or laid they are perverts are over paid security guards totaly unprofessional.

I think the Nassau police are to blame the kid was locked in his room why did they have to shoot?
Croatian Girl

Woodhaven, NY

#4 Mar 13, 2011
he kid was loked in his room, what happened to peppper spray or the electric shock gun?

They always go for the 9MM and shoot nassau cops.
bbb

Lindenhurst, NY

#5 Mar 13, 2011
Croatian Girl wrote:
I live in Massapequa Park and always get pulled over by the Police here the first think the Police say is your beautiful honey, sweetie. I have no doupt Nassau Police pull over pretty woman to ger connections or laid they are perverts are over paid security guards totaly unprofessional.
I think the Nassau police are to blame the kid was locked in his room why did they have to shoot?
lets not flatter yourself my dear. im sure thats not why you get pulled over!!! if you read or watch tv he went after them with a machete type knife. he was nuts. he went after a 71 year old woman as well. if that was you or your grandmother what would you have done??
John Mack

Massapequa, NY

#6 Mar 13, 2011
I figured as much. A no show.
John Mack

Massapequa, NY

#7 Mar 13, 2011
RIP too the Nassau and NYC Police Officers killed within 8 hrs of each other.
John Mack

Massapequa, NY

#8 Mar 13, 2011
Croatian Girl wrote:
he kid was loked in his room, what happened to peppper spray or the electric shock gun?
They always go for the 9MM and shoot nassau cops.
After reading your posts, I think your very full of yourself but not very intelligent. If your driving is anything like your postings, then it's no wonder why you get pulled over. I guess you get tickets instead of phone numbers. You seem to have rather grandiose delusions of yourself. The mans facebook tells a story as well including all of the posts from his much younger loser friends who are a joke in the neighborhood. Most have drug & alcohol problems and continue to leech off their parents and contribute nothing. Some are called Minchbags and laughed at by other productive and former friends. Try getting some facts before posting and stay in touch with yourself.
bbb

Lindenhurst, NY

#9 Mar 13, 2011
RIP officer Breitkopf.
MAMAMAMAMA

Sayville, NY

#10 Mar 13, 2011
r.ip. anthony digeronomo.
and he was not mentally disturbed.
he was a personal favorite of mr.piotrowski of massapequa high school aswell.
Croatian Girl

Woodhaven, NY

#11 Mar 13, 2011
Nassau Cops under worked and over paid.

He was shot by his partner another under worked over paid Cop.

My Security guard hand book: Use Stun Gun or Pepper Spray if guy has a knife!!!!
bbb

Lindenhurst, NY

#12 Mar 13, 2011
Croatian Girl wrote:
Nassau Cops under worked and over paid.
He was shot by his partner another under worked over paid Cop.
My Security guard hand book: Use Stun Gun or Pepper Spray if guy has a knife!!!!
your handbook says that cause make believe cops arent allowed to play w/ real guns!!!
Police Officer

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 13, 2011
The Nassau cops should have called in RIOT gear.
I agree a Poctal worker can stop a 100lb Pitbull at 30MPH with razor sharp teeth with mace why can't Nassau Police stop a disabled kid with a dull knife?
one word Trigger happy - and panic two words.
Massapequa Park Resident

Rockville, MD

#14 Mar 16, 2011
If your stupid enough to charge the Police with knives in your hand you deserve to get shot. No loss to society.
Cathy

Bronx, NY

#15 Mar 16, 2011
John Mack im glad he didnt show. Hes all talk obviously another coward (with no knowledge)who can run off his mouth from behind his computer.

Massapequa Park resident, do you know anything about this poor 21 year old boy who had to lose his life in an unfortunate circumstance? Bet you dont so how bout shutting your mouth! Hes a person, someones son, peoples friend, & will be missed.

Im not questioning the PD or judging their judgement. Or saying with my back against a wall i wouldnt have done that, but 2 lives were lost. 2 that will be equally missed by their families. If i hear one more person call this kid a "freak" im gonna freak.

I also am a Massapequa Park resident. My heart goes out to all families involved including the officer with the gun. Everyone involoved is suffering
Cathy

Bronx, NY

#16 Mar 16, 2011
MAMAMAMAMA wrote:
r.ip. anthony digeronomo.
and he was not mentally disturbed.
he was a personal favorite of mr.piotrowski of massapequa high school aswell.
Glad to see someone wishing him to rest in peace! I also feel for his poor family :(
bbb

Lindenhurst, NY

#17 Mar 16, 2011
Cathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to see someone wishing him to rest in peace! I also feel for his poor family :(
what normal Man yes i said man cause he was 21 after all runs through the neighborhood wearing an arsenal of knives and terrorizes an elderly woman?! to me that isnt normal. i do feel bad for his parents but this man asked for it. you dont do the shit that he did and expect it to be ok. if he didnt want this to be his end result maybe HE should have thought about his actions
Every action has a consequence and this guy chose his own path. selfishly i might add. he gave no thought to what would happen and what it would do to his family!! when you lunge at cops with a knife what the hell do you think is going to happen. the sad part of all of this is the senseless death of the police officer who only showed up to do his job. this guy{Anthony} caused all this and thats not NORMAL!! RIP Officer Breitkopf
Massapequa Park Neighbor

West Sayville, NY

#18 Mar 16, 2011
Massapequa Park resident, do you know anything about this poor 21 year old boy who had to lose his life in an unfortunate circumstance? Bet you dont so how bout shutting your mouth! Hes a person, someones son, peoples friend, & will be missed.

Cathy if you don't realize- this is a public forum in which everyone can give their opinions and that is my opinion and how I feel so I don't think I have to shut my mouth. I don't consider someone who lost their life charging police officers with knives unfortuante. I only consider one life lost unfortunate- the police officer. I understand this is someones child but maybe they should have got him help- that is unfortunate. He clearly had issues way before this incident. Sorry I can't feel bad for someone running around the neighborhhood in a mask and knives menacing people. I would think it is safe to assume running towards the officers with knives he was out to kill and their lives were clearly in danger but again that is just my opinion. I feel the officers were justified in shooting him. Just as I may not agree with your opinion I stand behind mine. I'm not a follower and don't care what you think and if I am the only person on this board that feels this way so be it.
Massapequa Park Neighbor

West Sayville, NY

#19 Mar 16, 2011
Apparently with my previous post I do not know how to quote other peoples messages.

BBB- I agree with you 100%
Paul Klass

Woodhaven, NY

#21 Mar 19, 2011
I have to say honestly as a former Suffolk Police officer this would have never happened in Suffolk County.

Stun Gun, Mace-pepper spray, rubber bullets, tear gas, call for back up, riot shield and riot gear, or have his parents talk him out to surender. I would have called in a Sgt and hostage neg to talk tot his kid. No one would have died if this happened in Suffolk County.

Nassau Cops over paid, under worked, and not trained properly oviously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Newsday Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cops: Pharmacy robber, fed agent shot dead in NY (Jan '12) Jan '15 Beenthere 34
News A dog gets oxygen from the Wyandanch-Wheatley H... (Mar '11) Nov '14 GladToBeOutOfLong... 12
News Plan To Send Immigrant Children To NY Causes Up... (Aug '14) Aug '14 spud 13
News In tiny NY village, 26 votes could mean victory (Jul '14) Jul '14 Naughtyrobot 2
News Around Lindenhurst: fire department parade, drill (Jun '11) Jun '14 Marie 2
News Commuters face road closures after LI debris fire (Jan '14) Jan '14 Mail 1
News The Club at Melville breaks ground after land swap (Dec '13) Dec '13 gloria agrillo 1
More from around the web