Herk

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2011

For many months, Netflix has been well aware of the thousands of people that want a Netflix application for their Blackberry Playbook, however, they have not yet produced one and I do not believe they ever plan to do so. If they did plan one, it would have been accomplished by now. Surely, it is not that difficult to write. I love my Playbook, but I will be looking for a replacement very soon because I want a tablet that plays Netflix movies. I would love to know the real reason why Netflix has no plans for a BB Tablet application. Perhaps Blackberry is not willing to pay for it.

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2011

you will get a blackberry one the same time I get a linux one .

I think the biggest reason is they are unable to use microsofts silverlight and drm security.
Herk

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2011

Thanks for the reply, I should have guessed about the silverlight issue. I had never considered that. That makes me even more disappointed with Blackberry. They need to join the rest of the tech world.
xxx

Medellín, Colombia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2011

netflix sucks use cuevana.tv or download the movies
Bry

Corner Brook, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Doesn't make sense ... Android is Linux and Nintendo 3DS is not Microshit Silverscam ... so ... I think the reason is more corporate dink measuring if you ask me.... Exactly the same reason why the NHL wouldn't let Jim Balsillie have his NHL team ... he's a dink.
my truths wrote:
you will get a blackberry one the same time I get a linux one .
I think the biggest reason is they are unable to use microsofts silverlight and drm security.
me sayz

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Bry wrote:
Doesn't make sense ... Android is Linux and Nintendo 3DS is not Microshit Silverscam ... so ... I think the reason is more corporate dink measuring if you ask me.... Exactly the same reason why the NHL wouldn't let Jim Balsillie have his NHL team ... he's a dink.
<quoted text>
you stupid dink, silverlight runs netflixs website, all devices/browsers must be compatible. blackberry is not, linux is not.

as far as android being linux, that is not true either you stupid dink, it has a kernel based on the linux kernel but it is not linux.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2011

Bry wrote:
<quoted text>
it don't make sense because you do not understand. Generally speaking, Silverlight needs browser plugin like flash. Unless your device's browser can support plugins and silverlight in particular, it will not play netflix video. It plays on nintendos because their browsers do support microsofts silverlight.

Silverlight supports drm and if the device or browser will not work with drm, then netflix will not stream to it.

see the following article

http://crackberry.com/rim-has-no-plans-time-b...
Nan

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

me sayz wrote:
<quoted text>
you stupid dink, silverlight runs netflixs website, all devices/browsers must be compatible. blackberry is not, linux is not.
as far as android being linux, that is not true either you stupid dink, it has a kernel based on the linux kernel but it is not linux.
You know, it is really sad that people like you seem to think the whole world is stupid because they don't understand tech issues.The person you are referring to is probably extremely intelligent in areas other than yours.
me sayz

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2012

Nan wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, it is really sad that people like you seem to think the whole world is stupid because they don't understand tech issues.The person you are referring to is probably extremely intelligent in areas other than yours.
if you would have actually read the post I was responding to, you would have taken things in context and saw why I called that specific person stupid. He was calling people names so I just responded in kind. If you have a problem with that then you are no better...
app

Maple Ridge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

Herk wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I should have guessed about the silverlight issue. I had never considered that. That makes me even more disappointed with Blackberry. They need to join the rest of the tech world.
It only use silverlight on the website. It has app run on Android/IPAD/PS3/XBOX and even crappy wii/nintendo ds3d, and they all do not have silverlight. They all can run FLASH or whatever it can be. So it is NOT a big deal
app

Maple Ridge, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

I think NETFLIX app should be there when PLAYBOOK OS 2.0 is release to support android app, since it is available on my android phone. So be wait and hope that they do.

by the by, I do android app development and I know by a fact that Android do not support silverlight, it does support FLASH like playbook does.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2012

app wrote:
I think NETFLIX app should be there when PLAYBOOK OS 2.0 is release to support android app, since it is available on my android phone. So be wait and hope that they do.
by the by, I do android app development and I know by a fact that Android do not support silverlight, it does support FLASH like playbook does.
it is drm that is the big deal. If the device will not support drm then it will not stream netflix. Android supports drm, currently linux does not, currently playbook does not and in spite of what you think the xbox does use silverlight.
Steve

Surrey, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Herk wrote:
For many months, Netflix has been well aware of the thousands of people that want a Netflix application for their Blackberry Playbook, however, they have not yet produced one and I do not believe they ever plan to do so. If they did plan one, it would have been accomplished by now. Surely, it is not that difficult to write. I love my Playbook, but I will be looking for a replacement very soon because I want a tablet that plays Netflix movies. I would love to know the real reason why Netflix has no plans for a BB Tablet application. Perhaps Blackberry is not willing to pay for it.
You can get etflix plus much more using the "Connect to TVersity" in the App World. You will need a "Play On" account. This works great if you have your PC set-up as the server.
Devon

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

my truths wrote:
<quoted text>
it is drm that is the big deal. If the device will not support drm then it will not stream netflix. Android supports drm, currently linux does not, currently playbook does not and in spite of what you think the xbox does use silverlight.
Actually the playbook chipset has the best drm of any tablet, it uses the TI Omap 4 processor that is certified by netflix http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playb... The truth is there is no excuse for netflix not to be on the playbook
Killer

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

xxx wrote:
netflix sucks use cuevana.tv or download the movies

Does the Bb playbook support cuevana.tv?
Ricardo Riley

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

I think playbook will likely be ready for netflix next year. Have faith

Get 1 year of Netflix for FREE http://bit.ly/NR204E

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

Ricardo Riley wrote:
I think playbook will likely be ready for netflix next year. Have faith
Get 1 year of Netflix for FREE http://bit.ly/NR204E
that link is a scam

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

119 Users are viewing the Netflix Forum right now

Search the Netflix Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
We're having trouble playing this title!! 1 hr Calum Burt 1
Netflix widget on a Vizio TV problem (Sep '10) 3 hr Carol 326
Netflix needs on/off control for autoplay feature (Sep '12) Jul 10 barefoot2626 23
can't get to full screen (Nov '13) Jul 10 Ameira 5
Netflix movies intermittently black out for a f... (Jun '11) Jul 9 Robert 11
Why does netflix have unavailable films? (Apr '13) Jul 7 Othman 21
Recording Netflix to a DVD (Mar '10) Jul 6 brianf1049 37
Help! Netflix sound works--but picture lags behind (Mar '12) Jul 4 TreeS 120
Netflix video lags when streaming on laptop (Feb '13) Jun '14 mrxgiblets 17
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••