netflix streaming and contact numbers...

netflix streaming and contact numbers not working

Posted in the Netflix Forum

TeeJay

Bothell, WA

#1 Oct 8, 2010
Netflix streaming seems to be down. I get error N8101-106 whenever I try to stream any video. I've tried it from several different computers.
To make things more interesting, the phone number they post on the error page goes to dead air. I don't even get a busy signal. That also goes for the customer care number on their web site. Is any one home netflix?
Michelle

Portage, MI

#2 Oct 8, 2010
This happened to me to. We just signed up and tried to stream a TV show. Getting the same error #, and the phone number doesn't work X(
leslie

Warren, VT

#3 Oct 8, 2010
I had this same problem and saw another post to set your DNS server to 8.8.8.8
Tried it and it worked for me
TeeJay wrote:
Netflix streaming seems to be down. I get error N8101-106 whenever I try to stream any video. I've tried it from several different computers.
To make things more interesting, the phone number they post on the error page goes to dead air. I don't even get a busy signal. That also goes for the customer care number on their web site. Is any one home netflix?
Sarah

Kingston, PA

#4 Oct 8, 2010
Same thing is happening to me! Funny thing is, I was watching Netflix all day long (home sick today) without any problems. This issue just began around 6pm eastern time. The phone number is dead air, but if you wait 30-40 seconds, a recording comes on saying call volume is higher than normal & please try calling later....???
Sarah

Kingston, PA

#5 Oct 8, 2010
Leslie, how do you set the DNS? Sorry, no clue haha

Sioux City, IA

#6 Oct 8, 2010
same problem here too
leslie

Warren, VT

#7 Oct 8, 2010
See this link for how to configure
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/
Sarah wrote:
Leslie, how do you set the DNS? Sorry, no clue haha
TeeJay

Bothell, WA

#8 Oct 8, 2010
I just tried hard coding my DNS server to 8.8.8.8 as Leslie suggested and it didn't fix my Issue. The lack of streaming and the very long call queue times suggest they may have a larger issue.
TeeJay

Bothell, WA

#9 Oct 8, 2010
I just listened to the dead air on the customer care number for over a minute and a recording came on to report that streaming is down for Mac/PC but that any other netflix ready device should be working. Sounds like it may be an issue with Authentication.
leslie

Warren, VT

#10 Oct 8, 2010
Tee-Jay, yep, just tried on a second computer and the fix didn't work there. Guess I got lucky. Sorry!
TeeJay wrote:
I just tried hard coding my DNS server to 8.8.8.8 as Leslie suggested and it didn't fix my Issue. The lack of streaming and the very long call queue times suggest they may have a larger issue.

Sioux City, IA

#11 Oct 8, 2010
well its working for now so i guess they fix it
Rob

Plymouth, WI

#12 Nov 9, 2010
Still not working for me! errr N8107-103
nate

Honolulu, HI

#13 Feb 8, 2011
this is happening to me right now. grrr
Nix

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Sep 19, 2011
i found doing the steps in this link helped alot
2001:4860:4860::8888

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Netflix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From JonBenet Ramsey's Murder to the Disappeara... Jul 18 Tex- 1
Unauthorized charge and no Netflix account Jul 15 jkc 1
Netflix years behind! Jul 13 Dezel78000 1
How to enable subtitles? (Jul '08) Jul 12 boldlowe 23
Netflix Charge me for a FREE trial - 50$!!!!! (Aug '07) Jul 11 Amycyrus 56
My Samsung tablet is saying that Netflix isn't ... Jul 9 Amy 1
Is there a way to get a list of all movies avai... Jul 9 bobh0526 1
More from around the web