Watch Instantly TV series discontinue...

Watch Instantly TV series discontinued right in the middle!

Posted in the Netflix Forum

United States

#1 Dec 28, 2010
My wife and I were watching the television series "Coach" on Netflix streaming instantly to our computer. We started the series back in August and have been watching aprox 0ne season per month. We were literally right in the middle of season 6 and then with no notice whatsoever they dissappeared from watch instantly! These are not available on disc and we had 3 full seasons left to go. Does anyone know if they bring these shows back or is it gone forever? Will Netflix give any kind of refund? This is total BS.

Chicago, IL

#2 Dec 28, 2010
Actually Netflix gives a week or more notice before they lose the license to show digital content. Most people never check their online instant queue and see if a movie is leaving. Coach has been on since sometime last year and when you either hovered over a season or checked your instant queue it said....available until (date). Netflix never gives refunds, just credits when they are wrong. It is possible that Coach will return in January.

United States

#3 Dec 28, 2010
The show did NOT say "available until" anywhere on it. Neither on the shows page nor when I hovered over it. It wasnt in my instant queue. we just went back to episodes via the link that showed what had previously been watched instantly.

Peck, KS

#4 Jan 31, 2011
Well, after losing Coach at the end of December I decided to call Netflix and let them know what happened. The customer service person on the other end acted genuinely concerned and basically assured me that Coach would be available again soo on "watch instantly". I asked how long and they told me it usually took about two weeks to renew the contracts and that it would be renewed. Its been 4 weeks now and its not back.

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

#5 Jan 31, 2011
it is getting harder for netflix to get streaming anything - and it is not their fault. They pay for the right to stream but it seems many companies are not wanting to play anymore. Even starz streaming may not be available much longer.

Milwaukee, WI

#6 Mar 1, 2012
coach is back on netflix now

Duluth, MN

#7 Mar 1, 2012
For some reason coach streaming isn't available anymore it was this morning but no longer today anyone having this problem??

Youngstown, OH

#8 Mar 1, 2012
Same here Julia:( I read somewhere Coach would be back March 1,but not working as of yet

Since: Feb 12

Milledgeville, GA

#9 Mar 7, 2012
Where is the Coach series after being promised to begin in March. It was taken off my instant queue.

Lebanon, MO

#10 Apr 7, 2012
Just lost Bizarre Foods.
Haven't had a chance to watch for a couple of weeks and today I noticed it was gone. Bummer.
I wish I'd get an email letting me know that "the following program(s) will no longer be available for streaming" and give a reason, please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Netflix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will netflix add more languages to a series aft... 14 hr Lllllllllll99ppp 1
Many problems with Netflix Blu Ray Discs (Jul '13) Fri Al1181fi 20
Awesome TRIPPY MOVIES ON NETFLIX Oct 20 Anonymous 2
Help! Netflix sound works--but picture lags behind (Mar '12) Oct 18 Joyce c hughes 153
WTH Netflix Y U NO SUBTITLES Oct 17 avid0g 2
How to enable subtitles? (Jul '08) Oct 17 avid0g 20
Would you safely share your internet access and... Oct 16 hibrnet 1
status bar when streaming won't disappear (Nov '11) Oct 2 Tyvm 27
More from around the web