Netflix Charge me for a FREE trial - ...

Netflix Charge me for a FREE trial - 50$!!!!!

Posted in the Netflix Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Symyon

Orlando, FL

#1 Aug 17, 2007
I wanted to try their service and because it sucks (i got 3 times shipping in 2 weeks), I canceled in the last day of my trial period, BUT i was STILL charged!!! for 14.99$, So now I paid 14.99 and canceled in the same day...i'm ANGRY!!!. And because my account was on "zero", the bank charged me 35$!!! as fee!!! I knew that I have 0$ in my account, so I didn't use my account in shoppind or something else, because I was afraid about fees from the bank. But with netflix, as "FREE" trial I was not affraid...and I was wrong...@!$@#!%
Now I want to talk with somebody from customer service, but they don't have a phone number for that. Can you beleve it?!!?
It simple sucks with service and support.
helen214

San Diego, CA

#2 Aug 20, 2007
Apparently you don't know how to use the website. I have never had any problems with Netflis.
Here is their # if you want to talk with them 24/7 ---- 1-877-638-3549.

You know, its none of my business, but if you leave your account on zero, then you have to expect these kinds of things. I don't use my bank account, I use my charge card.
asdf

Exeter, NH

#3 Oct 2, 2007
sounds like it's your fault.
Buster

Tucson, AZ

#4 Dec 13, 2008
No, it's not his fault. Netflix claims when you sign up for their "free trial" they will not charge you at all. Nothing, but the fact is they do charge you. They charge you the monthly fee for whatever you sign up for plus tax.

Though, you were playing with fire when you use your card and don't have the funds in there to back it up. The bank fee is your own fault.
William

Villa Consuelo, Dominican Republic

#5 Jan 16, 2009
Netflix also charged me us$19.00 for a "14 days free trial" right after I sign up. I strongly do not recommend that service.
JoAnn

United States

#7 Jul 20, 2009
I signed up for a 14 day FREE trial. well they arew full of crap. they charges me 15.00 worth of charges and i cancelled the same day. i decided not to use them. so where is the free trial? 15.99 for nothing! then when i spoke to customer service they said OH WELL!! they suck! i dont suggest them to anyone. LIARS
mekagrg

Singapore, Singapore

#8 Aug 6, 2009
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! I am so pissed off. I signed up for the 14 day trial too the day before yesterday. I checked my bank account and they charged me freaking 9.68 dollars TWICE. What the heck? Thats nearly 20 dollards for nothing. I watched two movies in the instant play but i thought they were free. If they were not, then also they couldnt have been that much. I am so mad at this netflix. I feel so ripped off.
viprlj

Greenville, TX

#9 Aug 18, 2009
same shit just happened to me i did the free trial i had 16 bucks in my bank account so i did the 15 buck one and i checked my bank account today and they charged me 15.99 twice and i haven't even gotten the movies wtf???
JNW

Kansas City, MO

#10 Sep 7, 2009
You people dont seem to understand how these things work. They do put a hold to make sure you gave them a real valid card or bank information. If you are idiotic enough to leave nothing in your account and try to use it then that is your own fault. Im willing to bet if most of you checked your bank later those charges had disappeared because they released the hold. Neither netflix nor any other company is going to send you there property without a way to hold you accountable should you decided to damage or steal it. Educate yourself about finances and how financial/credit card issues work before you sing up for them and try to use them with a 0 balance.
Are you a child

Glendale, CA

#11 Aug 29, 2010
It sounds like you purposely signed up for a free trail knowing you would leech off it as much as you could, used the "it sucked" as an excuse, and tried to cancel the very last day.
You don't know how to manage your finances, nor do you actually read the terms of service, which state that they will put a hold on your account. If you would have actually done the reading, known how the banks work, and canceled early enough to avoid charges, you wouldn't be in this position.
The thing is, people make the mistake of canceling too late or over drafting on their bank account. Only a child would blame it on someone else instead of take responsibility for it. By the way, the overdraft is not Nexflix's fault, it's yours. You're going from a rant to slander.
Joe

Eureka, CA

#12 Sep 8, 2010
You don't know how to read before you sign up for things do you? I have done the netflix trial twice and I've never had an issue. Read the fine print, follow it exactly, and you will have no problems.

Please go back to school.
blondeys

Rock Hill, SC

#13 Oct 5, 2010
Netflix is a joke.... They must of got a documentary specials the last couple of weeks.. New movies my ass!!
cool

Boca Raton, FL

#14 Oct 14, 2010
i got the $9.68 charge too, but they clearly say that it will go away. I will give it a few days, and if not, that is when I will call customer service, but im sure it will go away. It's not the first time I've seen a charge that goes away a few days later.

I think the selection in decent on the live streaming, I skimmed through and found a nice amount of movies...in fact...tons of movies I have never seen before.. so it's a win win for me.
wondering

Trumann, AR

#15 Oct 15, 2010
blondeys wrote:
Netflix is a joke.... They must of got a documentary specials the last couple of weeks.. New movies my ass!!
you must have some ego, the world does not revolve around what you like and dont like. some like those documentaries and am glad netflix offers them.
John

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Oct 21, 2010
Funny, I signed up for the trial, liked it and kept paying. That was over 2 years ago. Zero problems with them. Even put my account on hold for a month when I needed money elsewhere, again no problem. Sounds like you just wanted something free and didn't know how to manage your bank account. haha
Jenn

Los Gatos, CA

#17 Oct 21, 2010
You have to cancel the account BEFORE the day they charge you to avoid getting billed. Maybe next time you sign up for something you should read the term of use.
Jason

New York, NY

#18 Nov 29, 2010
Netflix has been charging me for months and I never used the service. they are running a scam. I would never use them they are a disreputable organization that operates a scheme to defraud customers.
Linda K

Bonita Springs, FL

#19 Dec 2, 2010
I agree with John.I've had Netflix for years. Never had a problem. And I also put my account on hold every now & then. I think that's a great service. You don't have to re-register when you want to start up again. Just a click will get you going. Most of the problems I'm hearing are about the free trial. Maybe you didn't read the fine print. I don't know. But what I do know is that when Netflix first came out I thought it was the best thing in the world. Service is fast.I do think they could do better with instant movies for Roku and I'm waiting for captions to kick in some dy.
Dennis

Fort Worth, TX

#20 Dec 6, 2010
from the website

Why do I see billing charges during my free trial?
A:You will not be charged during your free trial, nor will you be charged if you cancel your subscription before your free-trial period ends.
However, please note that when we authorize your payment method during sign-up, a small authorization charge may show up on your statement for a short period of time. This authorization simply confirms that the payment method is valid; it is not a charge, and no money will leave your account.

Actual charges will be shown in your billing history.
sng

Yorktown, VA

#21 Dec 7, 2010
Why do I see billing charges during my free trial?
A:You will not be charged during your free trial, nor will you be charged if you cancel your subscription before your free-trial period ends.
However, please note that when we authorize your payment method during sign-up, a small authorization charge may show up on your statement for a short period of time. This authorization simply confirms that the payment method is valid; it is not a charge, and no money will leave your account.
Actual charges will be shown in your billing history.
[I experience Netflix holding 21.99 out of my account which has caused me Nsf and more to come. The authorization should be treated just like a gasoline transaction, just to make sure the card is valid. However, Netfilx can't give you a real answer on why the whole charge is pending on the account versus $1. As of now I'm not continuing with Netflix and just received their movies today. Good Luck to anyone in the future who use them.]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Netflix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
urgente 5 hr kvladyk 1
Hey, i know its a long shot but would anybody l... (Aug '12) 16 hr bribrijosey1 117
no netflix app on my samsung app store on my UN... (Dec '12) Nov 29 lmcd 5
Upcoming Narcos Auction! Nov 22 PropStore 1
bobs burgers season 6 Nov 16 pats 1
Meat Eater episodes Nov 15 Stewart 1
WTF is Netflix 1080 SD? 1080i or 1080p? Nov 14 jeremy 4
status bar when streaming won't disappear (Nov '11) Oct '16 Tyvm 27
More from around the web