Dish Network Debrands Blockbuster Express Kiosks

May 16, 2011 Read more: CSP

Dish Network Corp. has told NCR Corp. to stop using the Blockbuster brand on its DVD rental vending kiosks, reported The Dallas Morning News .

Read more
THATS A GOOD THING

Anchorage, AK

#1 May 16, 2011
ITS IN THE BEST INTREST FOR EVERYONE ,, TO NEVER USE THE EVIL EMPIRE NAME AGAIN...... NO MORE BLOCKBUSTERS !!
Nomo Blockbuster

Newhall, CA

#2 May 16, 2011
Great news to start off the week.
Worked_10_years_ for_them

Patchogue, NY

#3 May 17, 2011
Nomo - More hateful statements in your usual warped bias.

Did you even read the article?

As I said in another thread AND stated in the article, it looks like Blockbuster wants to take possession of its name and to set up its own network of boxes as it competes with Red and the other boxes.

As I also said in the other thread, I didn't like the arrangement when they set up that agreement with NCR but understood why they did it. Viacom stripped them of their investment cash and couldn't do it themselves.
Nomo Blockbuster

Newhall, CA

#4 May 18, 2011
Enough with the Viacom. You might as well be saying the computer destroyed the typewriter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NCR dumps Dayton for Atlanta (Jun '09) Oct '14 Tina 18
NCR 7780 parts (Apr '11) Dec '12 Edgar franco 2
News A Dozen Questions for Oracle President Mark Hurd (Jul '12) Jul '12 Burento 1
News NCR agrees to acquire Radiant Systems for $1.2B (Jul '11) May '12 Nomo Blockbuster 8
ncr southern california 771b (Dec '10) Jan '12 Luigi 3
need help (Nov '11) Nov '11 guy 1
News NCR Sues Blockbuster Trust Over Movie Kiosks (May '11) Jun '11 Nomo Blockbuster 8
More from around the web