Long Island tattoo parlors ink with t...

Long Island tattoo parlors ink with the best

There are 54 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 17, 2009, titled Long Island tattoo parlors ink with the best. In it, Newsday reports that:

If you want to get inked, Long Island is home to dozens of tattooers ready to get under your skin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ex customer

Selden, NY

#1 Mar 18, 2009
defiance tattoo stinks and the owners are white trash

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#2 Mar 18, 2009
ex customer wrote:
defiance tattoo stinks and the owners are ****
you should get a tattoo that says that.
Andrea

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Mar 18, 2009
Defiance tattoo sucks!!! a good place for Bro's to get crosses tatt'ed on their biceps! EFF Defiance - and im glad they changed owners - the last ones were complete coke heads!!!
dave

Trenton, NJ

#4 Mar 18, 2009
Kings Avenue is THE Studio. Best roster on the east coast, bar none....
Joel K

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Mar 18, 2009
KING AVENUE TATTOO in Massepequa is WORLD FAMOUS. Matt Berberich inked me - awesome place, top quality.
Say what Newsday

Mount Sinai, NY

#6 Mar 18, 2009
Visits to half a dozen, or "6" tattoo shops yielded 8 results huh? And where is Lark Tattoo on that list? I'd never get a tattoo at any of those parlors.
http://www.larktattoo.com/ ~OR~ http://www.larktattoo.com/westbury_artists.ht...
Michael Jordan

Massapequa, NY

#8 Mar 18, 2009
A warning: I know many people with tattoos that got them when they were in the military, drunk, very young, or a combination thereof. With one exception, they ALL regret getting them. If you do get one (or more), be very careful what kind and where.
Mike Tyson

United States

#9 Mar 18, 2009
Try Madame Touseau's "Ink with a "Purpose" in Binghamton. It's good creative exotic and reasonably priced.
Donna

Tenafly, NJ

#11 Mar 18, 2009
Joel K wrote:
KING AVENUE TATTOO in Massepequa is WORLD FAMOUS. Matt Berberich inked me - awesome place, top quality.
Not knocking their quality of work as I've had work done there but their prices are RIDICULOUS...If you want quality "PRIMO WORK" as well good pricing go to Lark Tattoo on Old Ctry Rd. They are awesome and Miss D'Jo is the Best..Tell her Mrs. D sent you. I've been inked by many and she is the best.
kgee

Hamilton, Canada

#12 Mar 18, 2009
"The Tattoo Shop" on Rt. 112 in Medford -- The Best!
Sirka67

Deer Park, NY

#13 Mar 18, 2009
I am looking to get my first tattoo and my friend wants here 2nd. Do all places ask for a non-refundable deposit ? Devinci's in Wantagh wants $100 for them to draw it first. If you don't like the drawing you get nothing back. Would appreciate any help. You can reply to me at my Myspace page. It is http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm... . Thank you.
Sickboy

Bronx, NY

#14 Mar 18, 2009
Kings Ave has some top notch artists. Lotus Tattoo in Sayville is a great shop as well. A lot of the shops listed in this article are hack. And Ed Hardy Clothing? PUHLEEZE! That garbage is for soccer moms and any idiot w/ a Gotti boy haircut.
Sickboy

Bronx, NY

#16 Mar 18, 2009
Michael Jordan wrote:
A warning: I know many people with tattoos that got them when they were in the military, drunk, very young, or a combination thereof. With one exception, they ALL regret getting them. If you do get one (or more), be very careful what kind and where.
Thanks for the lecture Mike. Any shop that tattoos a drunk or underage person is not a very reputable establishment and I for one would steer clear of.
Ex-Long Islander

Polk City, FL

#18 Mar 18, 2009
Love to see all those sexy 80 year old saggy bodies with all those tatoos. People think they're cool now...when you get older, they just look plain ridiculous, stupid and gross.
Denise Whitehead

Medford, NY

#20 Mar 18, 2009
Seeing a woman with a tattoo is more pittiful than watching a naked 400 pounder riding a moped.
Inked Princess

New York, NY

#22 Mar 18, 2009
As a young woman I have always been fascinated by tats. When I turned 18 I started getting inked. I am now 32 and have yet to stop...I usually do one or two a year primarily Chinese style...The place that I always go to is Tattoo Lous right in Selden. They are great and they never rush you. I am up to 17 tats and still want more.....It's about time that someone recognized body art for more then just being about bikers and bad boys/girls.....
Jenn

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Mar 18, 2009
Too bad you didn't have more information on Erik Desmond. He is an awesome tattoo artist with a lot of history and a lot to offer. Check out his website www.Horifudo.com .
Ex-Long Islander

Polk City, FL

#24 Mar 18, 2009
What makes me clueless? Truth hurts, huh.
Bernie Madoff

United States

#25 Mar 18, 2009
Denise Whitehead wrote:
What's with these freaks always needing to get tattoos? I have never seen one I liked. That goes for freaks and their tatts. They cost as much as a car payment. Isn't there more prudent ways to spend money than on destroying your skin?
Maybe these pizzheads should learn responsibility and become more productive in life. Maybe I should bust them across their worthless skulls and knock their remaining few teeths out.
Wow a sado masochism chick!~
Busey

Melville, NY

#26 Mar 18, 2009
Sirka67 wrote:
I am looking to get my first tattoo and my friend wants here 2nd. Do all places ask for a non-refundable deposit ? Devinci's in Wantagh wants $100 for them to draw it first. If you don't like the drawing you get nothing back. Would appreciate any help. You can reply to me at my Myspace page. It is http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm... . Thank you.
that is crazy.. go to Lotus in Oakdale... ask for CIV

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

MySpace.com Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tufftruckparts Mon Ahmed 2
Need Bills Paid? Look No Further! (Apr '15) Mon Ahmed 3
16 girls died of cancer from myspace Mon Ahmed 3
Test Your Empathy !!! Mon Ahmed 2
News NJ Teen Arrested After Posting Nude Pics (Mar '09) Jul '16 gregvj 16
News Study: Teen sex, drugs, violence plaster MySpac... (Jan '09) Jun '16 Marisha 8
Business Strategy (Jul '15) Jan '16 benc89 2
More from around the web