Ohio jobs chief Kvamme injured in mot...

Ohio jobs chief Kvamme injured in motocross crash | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 32 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 9, 2011, titled Ohio jobs chief Kvamme injured in motocross crash | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Gov. John Kasich's director of job creation was injured this morning when he crashed at a motocross track near Newark, according to a source in the administration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Delaware, OH

#21 Apr 10, 2011
---ZZZ--- wrote:
Come on folks. I abhor SB 5 and many things the Governor is doing but finding glee in an accident of this type is over the line in my opinion. Civility when it comes to someone's pain and suffering is a must in an orderly society.
If you want to keep it in the political realm I would be thrilled if we could change the current administration and associated minions. This is coming from a life-long registered Republican. I am also an educator.
The politicians have no civility for us and they aren't going to get any from us. It's a shame he lived.
meke

Reynoldsburg, OH

#22 Apr 10, 2011
Sad that people feel the need to wish someone dead because they disagre politically. To "Fred", many firefighers, policemen, and definitely teachers have gone to school to get a least a bachelor's degree, so choose your words carefully and I suggest proofreading. I'm not saying I support or don't support SB5, that's my business, I'm just sayin.

Regardless of how you feel about our state leaders, wishing anyone dead or serious injury is a pathetic way to be.

I hope Mr. Kvamme heals quickly and gets back to work. Fred is correct in that the state budget has much many of you haters will benefit from. It was posted in the Dispatch a few weeks ago, might want to read it. Until you work with state government, you cannot have a full appreciation of all aspects of what is going on.

People in glass houses....
Woah

Columbus, OH

#23 Apr 10, 2011
no know wrote:
understand kasich and the gop are personally attacking the teachers, police, fire and their families. what would you do or say if someone was attacking your well-being?
<quoted text>
And by extension, people lobbying for tax increases to pay for said services are attacking my well being.

Get well soon, Mark.
Striker

San Antonio, TX

#24 Apr 10, 2011
Fred wrote:
No connection to Wall Street. Just living in the real word where if you have that southern' draw combined with the hick apperance you are not EVER going to be hired by a majority of HR people above the Tenn. border. I have reviewed over 200 interviews of a fulfillment operation in SW Kentucky and 80% of the people through the door were morons. Bringing thier illegitame kids, showing up drunk, and over 30% testing for dope use.
That said to all you SB5 idiots go back to school....
Did you mean 'illegitimate'? See you in class.
Or maybe just a typo as I had elsewhere.
Retired bargaining unit

Mount Hope, OH

#25 Apr 10, 2011
Fred wrote:
People that write this sort of crap are really upset in the outcome of their own lives. Either they were too stupid or lacked the displine to acheive a bachelors degree in college. So now they work some sort of dead-end job with union protection making the same as the more educated folks and they can't seem to understand that we can't pay a lunch lady in a school $20 per hour, or a bus driver $25 per hour.
All you SB5 supporters I would say read the state budget and revenue projections FOR YOURSELF, but I am assured because of your lack of higher education you would not be able to even understand what you don't understand. YOUR STUPID AND CLUELESS.
I worked very hard educating myself to the PhD level and I am sick and tired of people comparing my views to some high school graduate that has never even tried to better themselves with a 100 level class.
Buy an ECON 200 text and spend 6 months reading and understanding it before you post your lame reply. Ignorance will forever govern the stupid....
Fred, it might suprise you to know that many union members are college graduates, some jobs have prerequisites requiring masters and law degrees. Introductory Economics courses did present the Keynesian theory about the benefits of well paying jobs that stimulate and maintain the economic growth.

I did peruse the budget on-line and feel that there may be a sleight of hand with the revenue projections and the biennial budget allocations, especially the purchase of the state liqour control with $500 million to fund the JobsOhio program. That amount of money alone is about 12% of the projected budget deficit for one year.

It is a little stunning to hear that an adult would be injured running motocross. I would think that after age 30, most would try to preserve the good health they enjoy. The article did inform that Mr Kwammee owned motorcycle dealerships and sponsored a motocross team, an insight that he may not be a tree hugger worried about depleting natural resources.
john

Lancaster, OH

#26 Apr 10, 2011
Fred wrote:
People that write this sort of crap are really upset in the outcome of their own lives. Either they were too stupid or lacked the displine to acheive a bachelors degree in college. So now they work some sort of dead-end job with union protection making the same as the more educated folks and they can't seem to understand that we can't pay a lunch lady in a school $20 per hour, or a bus driver $25 per hour.
All you SB5 supporters I would say read the state budget and revenue projections FOR YOURSELF, but I am assured because of your lack of higher education you would not be able to even understand what you don't understand. YOUR STUPID AND CLUELESS.
I worked very hard educating myself to the PhD level and I am sick and tired of people comparing my views to some high school graduate that has never even tried to better themselves with a 100 level class.
Buy an ECON 200 text and spend 6 months reading and understanding it before you post your lame reply. Ignorance will forever govern the stupid....
I, as well as throngs of others are in awe of your accomplishments. Your quoted final sentence hit the nail on the head. All of us "stupid" are being governed by ignorance.
Tea Party Patriot

Reynoldsburg, OH

#27 Apr 10, 2011
Fred wrote:
Agree, make them earn what they are worth or better yet what we want them to earn. I would suggest Kasich to legalize hiring of illegal aliens and abolish child labor law at the same time. Who needs education anyway when you can't find low end job?

If everyone makes less than minimum wages we will be much better society.
Nice Job Dispatch

Delphos, OH

#28 Apr 10, 2011
Sterling Silver wrote:
Oh well, so much for the cheap help. His $1 salary just turned into hundred of thousands of dollars of medical bills the taxpayers will be picking up.
Your wife's ongoing treatment isnt covered by the government is it? Just asking!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#29 Apr 10, 2011
no know wrote:
understand kasich and the gop are personally attacking the teachers, police, fire and their families. what would you do or say if someone was attacking your well-being?
<quoted text>
Kasich is trying to help ALL Ohioans not just the spoiled few. YOU to be exact!! Get a clue of the BIGGER picture. It ain't ALL about YOU.
Sterling Silver

Columbus, OH

#30 Apr 10, 2011
Nice Job Dispatch wrote:
<quoted text> Your wife's ongoing treatment isnt covered by the government is it? Just asking!
She doesn't have any "ongoing treatment". I take care of her, except when she goes to adult day care one day a week, which is 90% covered by PRIVATE long-term care insurance. Her periodic medical bills (for exams, the odd thing we all have to see the doctor for) is covered by my PRIVATE medical insurance that I have on her and me.

Not that it's any of your damn business anyway.
OSUPatient

Columbus, OH

#31 Apr 10, 2011
I spent 51 days as a patient at OSU Medical Center last year. i think it will be good for Kvamme to see how hard the nurses work and for him to see, up close and personal, the tough jobs of many government (OSU) employees.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#32 Apr 11, 2011
GoodWitchofOhio wrote:
<quoted text>
Kasich is trying to help ALL Ohioans not just the spoiled few. YOU to be exact!! Get a clue of the BIGGER picture. It ain't ALL about YOU.
To those of you who judged this clueless, spam and nuts... GROW UP AND LEARN HOW THE PROCESS WORKS. Changes must be made in order to benefit EVERYONE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.