Broomfield to vote on medical marijuana dispensary ban

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR

The Broomfield City Council is poised to become the latest city to ban medical marijuana dispensaries.
Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Jul 28, 2010
High Country Caregiver

Evergreen, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Judged:

Find great smoke spots and learn more about medical marijuana at:

http://mypot.co
department of hard labor

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Judged:

We got too many laws against too many things as it is.

I agree with Jefferson: "That government which governs least governs best."
Sober

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Judged:

I think the bans are in place because the voters out loopholed the big bad loopholers. I watched Broadway breed at least 20 shops in 2 months. They were boosting the economy. Does the govt want there to be no new small business? And now to have to grow 80% of their own supply that limits the co-op effect these dispensaries could have with each other.
BAN POT

Broomfield, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Judged:

Nationwide Emergency Room statistics report that 60% of all youth between the ages 12-19 who were admitted for drug and alcohol treatment were admitted for marijuana abuse. We don't even know how many of them were driving. We don't know how many of them were introduced to marijuana by their parents who thought that was a good idea. Statistics show potheads will be diagnosed 9 times more than those who do not smoke pot to be manic with a fear of being in the public. Pot has been proven to have 50-70% more carcinogenic (cancer causing) hydrocarbons than tobacco.

But, those of you who advocate marijuana don't care about evidence. You don't want to be straight....too tough for you! Being straight is too scary for you! You are in as much denial as those who think their alcohol will fix them. So, just what is wrong with being straight? Too natural for you? Not cool enough for you? Too lonely for you?

I don't care how you respond to this...you can't think straight anyway.
Sober

Lewisville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Judged:

BAN POT wrote:
Nationwide Emergency Room statistics report that 60% of all youth between the ages 12-19 who were admitted for drug and alcohol treatment were admitted for marijuana abuse. We don't even know how many of them were driving. We don't know how many of them were introduced to marijuana by their parents who thought that was a good idea. Statistics show potheads will be diagnosed 9 times more than those who do not smoke pot to be manic with a fear of being in t
he public. Pot has been proven to have 50-70%
more carcinogenic (cancer causing)
hydrocarbons than tobacc

But, those of you who advocate marijuana don't care about evidence. You don't want tobestraight....too tough for you! Being straight istoo scary for you! You are in as much denial asthose who think their alcohol will fix them. So,just what is wrong with being straight? Toonatural for you? Not cool enough for you?To
lonely for you?

I don't care how you respond to this...you can't think straight anyway.
Those are interesting stats. I actually haven't smoked in a very long time. Being sober is the best gift I gave to myself, but for those who are going to smoke like cancer patients, MS. Sufferers, Vets with PTSD give them a safe place to buy it besides Denver suburbs and parkinglots.
Sniper

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

Yet another libtard church rat throwing out inflated statistics that were outdated 20 years ago.Putting up false statistics is what is to be expected from tards like you...you people always forget the stats on Alcohol versus weed .. lets compare that instead of trying to convince those of us that have years of experience and education on both subjects..What about all the alcohol related deaths every day compared to NONE IN HISTORY related to marijuana.Work on banning Alcohol if you really want to help people.. DO YOU.??.. ARE YOU ACTIVELY ON WEBSITES COMPLAINING ABOUT ALCOHOL ABUSE .... Alcohol is way more accessible to your kids than medical marijuana..How many people do you know that died from pot???? I dont know any but I know lots that died from the many ways alcohol can kill you... Be honest on your posts next time...Have another drinkie Ban pot... idiot
Sober

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

Sniper wrote:
Yet another libtard church rat throwing out inflated statistics that were outdated 20 years ago.Putting up false statistics is what is to be expected from tards like you...you people always forget the stats on Alcohol versus weed .. lets compare that instead of trying to convince those of us that have years of experience and education on both subjects..What about all the alcohol related deaths every day compared to NONE IN HISTORY related to
marijuana.Work on banning Alcohol if you really
want to help people.. DO YOU.??.. ARE YOU
ACTIVELY ON WEBSITES COMPLAINING
ABOUT ALCOHOL ABUSE .... Alcohol is way
more accessible to your kids than medical
marijuana..How many people do you know that
died from pot???? I dont know any but I know
lots that died from the many ways alcohol can kill
you... Be honest on your posts next time...Have
another drinkie Ban pot... idiot
Yes Sniper maybe Ban Pot forgot about the kid found dead in a closet after attending a frat party? Or the 1000s of small children hospitaliized from picking up left over cups at Xmas parties? Or how about Beer Pong? Ban that?
BAN POT

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

Just stay in your diluted haze of smoke, Sniper. You brag about being an expert, those are recent statistics, but then I wouldn't expect you to be able to find them, since you can't really focus well enough. You give advice like you are a doctor, telling people to smoke pot to justify your bad habit. 90% of traffic accidents have marijuana onboard in western Colorado. That is recent information. 90% of domestic violence homes have pot on site. Don't try to deflect ... the subject is pot and it is not any better an idea than alcohol. You way of thinking is idiotic, shallow, far too defensive when the truth is right in front of you. Guess we will be paying for your mental health with our taxes.
Sniper

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

What you say makes no difference to anyone but you.. Your stats are not including booze are they..YOU ARE AFRAID TO TELL THE TRUTH AREN'T YOU ?? YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MEDICAL OR OTHERWISE.. I SUPPOSE YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME THAT WEED HAS HALLUCINOGENIC PROPERTIES AND LEADS TO HARD DRUGS AND CANCER.... HAVE YOU EVER EVEN SEEN A JOINT ?? DO YOU KNOW WHAT A VAPORIZER IS ? CAN YOU NAME ANY STRAINS OF WEED ?DO YOU KNOW WHICH ONES ARE USED FOR CANCER ?? CAN YOU NAME ONE THAT ADDRESSES CHRONIC PAIN ? can you name the best one for multiple sclerosis ??Can you even name one strain at all.. I want to know how much you know compared to the outdated leftist church material you are reading... You are clueless and your post shows it..give me answers or don't comment.. Im guessing Im paying for your food stamps ..90 % of Colorado traffic accidents include booze... Almost all domestic violence includes booze.. your facts are probably from chicken loopers website to get more business in his bar...you haven't a clue but do post some more crap so others will see the kind of ignorant people will be voting on assumptions instead of experience or education..your stupid comments only make people look up what I say..go for it....
BAN POT

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

How typical. You cannot focus on the subject. The subject is marijuana. Not alcohol. Not religion. Not anything about me.

How typical. One of the reasons pot is a drug, is that coming down will give the user, especially the abuser, the opposite effect.

Like anger.

I prefer intelligent conversations with people who aren't governed by their anger, defensiveness and excuse making, and by their accusations of others rather than looking at the truth.

Your name sniper, how typical. Ready to try to target anyone that opposes you.
Sniper

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

How typical,, more insults no answers,,,,Why would you waste others peoples time carrying on like this ?? If you dont have anything positive and relevant on a topic to say , then why would you open your mouth ?? This topic is one of the ones that you read and say to yourself,,,HMMM MAYBE SENSE I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS TOPIC ,MAYBE I SHOULD JUST KEEP READING UNTIL I FIND A TOPIC THAT I HAVE SOME IDEA OF WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT SO I CAN COMMENT AND NOT SOUND LIKE AN UNINFORMED OP-POSER..OR POSER .. WANNA KEEP ARGUING
Sober

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

BAN POT wrote:
Just stay in your diluted haze of smoke, Sniper. You brag about being an expert, those are recent statistics, but then I wouldn't expect you to be able to find them, since you can't really focus well enough. You give advice like you are a doctor, telling people to smoke pot to justify your bad habit. 90% of traffic accidents have marijuana onboard in western Colorado. That is recent information. 90% of domestic violence homes have pot on site. Don't
try to deflect ... the subject is pot and it is not any
better an idea than alcohol. You way of thinking is
idiotic, shallow, far too defensive when the truth is
right in front of you. Guess we will be paying for
your mental health with our taxes.
Sniper was right, you inflate you stats. Multiply by 10? Sheesh. Other people smoking is none of mine or your business.
G-Rove

Golden, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

This is in response to SNIPER and comment/rant #9:

Firstly, this article is about banning dipsensaries, not about alcohol and its well-documented hazards and abuses. Second, marijuana (specifically, its active component, THC) IS hallucinogenic. The evidence and mechanisms (that's a science word meaning "how it works")are documented in several well-respected scientific journals and pharmacological texts. For the sake of simplicity, brevity, and the fact that the articles reference recent and respected studies, I have included below a couple of excerpts from the wikipedia articles on marijuana and THC, respectively:

"While many drugs clearly fall into the category of either stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogen, cannabis exhibits a mix of all properties, perhaps leaning the most towards hallucinogen or psychedelic properties ..."

"THC has mild to moderate analgesic effects, and cannabis can be used to treat pain. The mechanism for analgesic effects caused directly by THC or other cannabinoid agonists is not fully understood. Other effects include relaxation; euphoria; altered space-time perception; alteration of visual, auditory, and olfactory senses; anxiety; disorientation; fatigue; and appetite stimulation (colloquially known as "the munchies")..."

Now that I have provided some specific information for you SNIPER, I predict that you will choose to completely ignore it and demand a lengthy essay on marijuana strains and their common uses, while also accusing me of being an uneducated, alcoholic, stuck-in-the-past, church-going hypocrite. Or, you will try to deflect by going on another anti-alcohol rant or insisting that most users do not smoke weed any more, but inhale it in vaporizers. Some studies have suggested a link between marijuana use and memory loss ... is that why you spout the same arguments repeatedly?
TheBigCannabisLi e

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

The decades of propaganda regarding the medical efficacy of cannabis are coming to an end as more and more people discover they have been blatantly lied to about one of the oldest and safest therapeutic substances known to man. Of course we ALL should have medical access to cannabis, a substance that cannot kill from toxicity, especially considering how fatal our current medication options have become.
Real conservatives, like William F. Buckley research the truth and don't perpetuate lies that harm and kill:
"The anti-marijuana campaign is a cancerous tissue of lies, undermining law enforcement, aggravating the drug problem, DEPRIVING THE SICK OF NEEDED HELP [caps added], and suckering well-intentioned conservatives and countless frightened parents... Narcotics police are an enormous, corrupt international bureaucracy ... and now fund a coterie of researchers who provide them with 'scientific support'... fanatics who distort the legitimate research of others" William F. Buckley, Commentary in The National Review, April 29, 1983, p. 495
"Nothing is more infuriating to a person who has been relieved of crippling nausea than to be told that he has not been relieved." -- William Buckley from "The Court on High - Medical Marijuana and the Supremes" The National Review - June 07, 2005
End the lies -- like Ban Pot's slop -- by sharing the scientific and historic truth with your elected reps and ALL MEDIA. Back up your points with experts like the American College of Physicians, to counter blatant lies that the very real propagandists recklessly spread. Don't let media get away with spreading yellow coverage of cannabis, one of the safest and most versatile medicines available.
High Country Caregiver

Evergreen, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

medical marijuana news: http://mypot.co
marijuana photos upload http://marijuanaphotos.co
Colorado's best 4:20 spots http://420map.co

Happy 4:20
BAN POT

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

Caregivers. Yea, how convenient that you were included in Amendment 20. Your only requirement to be 18 years old. What is the idea of "caregiver"? Sit around and smoke some pot and make sure the "medical" marijuana patient doesn't set himself on fire? Make sure he has plenty to eat when he gets the munchies? We know combining marijuana with alcohol and nicotine is very dangerous. Are you there to perform CPR if he can't breathe? Ummmm, or is just a good way for you to continue your addiction? With a little from your friends.

So, you have been informed to not tell anyone, not your landlord, not your family, not your neighbors, not your employer. If it is truly so safe, why do you have to hide it?

What is the big fear of being STRAIGHT? Is life so bad that one has to numb themselves out? Can't find enough joy in this world and have to get high? Is reality REALLY so bad?

You truly are the most selfish people on earth. You would drive clear across the country to get high. Do you ever see if your neighbors need help? Can you even afford to pay your child support? Are your only friends other pot heads? Well, why would you want to have friends that are straight? Why would straight people want to be your friend?

You think your addiction isn't so ugly because it's "just pot"? Have you ever tried to have an intelligent conversation with someone who has smoked pot for 40 years? We have lots of them now in our country. Have you? They may be able to tell you about sports, or marijuana strains, or maybe about what is on t.v. That's about all they can focus on, because it is right in front of them.

Are they really in touch with any other feeling other than anger, probably not. Anger. Like we got to experience with someone in these comments who had to be reported for abuse because he just couldn't contain himself and had to use profanity. So, if you really believe in something, tactics like calling names, personal attacks, and screaming, yea. Not very convincing for your cause.

Maybe your cause could be something like, stopping human trafficking, raising money for cancer research, rebuilding homes for the poor. Your cause to stay high --- worthless.
Sober

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

Blah Blah Blah straight blah blah blah. Anger blah blah blah report people cause I'm a pansy blah blah blah oh and if that nifty Az law passes human trafficking will be a little less accessible....worthless.
G-Rove

Golden, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Judged:

Though I take the other view of marijuana use except in cases of the terminal cancers and AIDS, I congratulate you composing a well-thought, intellectual argument. It's nice to see it is not only ranters that comment on these stories.
TheBigCannabisLie wrote:
The decades of propaganda regarding the medical efficacy of cannabis are coming to an end as more and more people discover they have been blatantly lied to about one of the oldest and safest therapeutic substances known to man. Of course we ALL should have medical access to cannabis, a substance that cannot kill from toxicity, especially considering how fatal our current medication options have become.
Real conservatives, like William F. Buckley research the truth and don't perpetuate lies that harm and kill:
"The anti-marijuana campaign is a cancerous tissue of lies, undermining law enforcement, aggravating the drug problem, DEPRIVING THE SICK OF NEEDED HELP [caps added], and suckering well-intentioned conservatives and countless frightened parents... Narcotics police are an enormous, corrupt international bureaucracy ... and now fund a coterie of researchers who provide them with 'scientific support'... fanatics who distort the legitimate research of others" William F. Buckley, Commentary in The National Review, April 29, 1983, p. 495
"Nothing is more infuriating to a person who has been relieved of crippling nausea than to be told that he has not been relieved." -- William Buckley from "The Court on High - Medical Marijuana and the Supremes" The National Review - June 07, 2005
End the lies -- like Ban Pot's slop -- by sharing the scientific and historic truth with your elected reps and ALL MEDIA. Back up your points with experts like the American College of Physicians, to counter blatant lies that the very real propagandists recklessly spread. Don't let media get away with spreading yellow coverage of cannabis, one of the safest and most versatile medicines available.
MMU

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

It is MEDICAL marijuana. there are those of us with incurable conditions who have exhausted traditional medicine. We are not Cheech & Chong with an earache.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Vail Resorts Discussions

Search the Vail Resorts Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
RFID Can Put Social Media On Autopilot (May '11) May '11 Patrick Sweeney 1
Writers on the Range: Don't blame it all on glo... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Earthling-1 1
Police: Man punched skier on Beaver Creek (Dec '10) Feb '11 just another guy 15
Man charged after punching girl on ski slope (Dec '10) Dec '10 Richard_ 1
World ski championships: Vail-Beaver Creek to h... (Jun '10) Jun '10 BIG MOUTH 1
Olympic medal winner Lindsey Vonn honored with ... (Mar '10) Mar '10 megg1011 1
Teekay Net Loss; Vail Resorts Net Falls (Oct '09) Oct '09 John Tintas 1
•••
•••