After Buying Spree, China Owns Stakes in Top U.S. Firms

Full story: International Herald Tribune

Flush with cash despite the global economic downturn, China's sovereign wealth fund quietly snapped up more than $9 billion worth of shares last year in some of the biggest American corporations, including Morgan Stanley, Bank of America and Citigroup.
Comments
21 - 26 of 26 Comments Last updated Feb 15, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#22 Feb 9, 2010
abdulzthorn wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Bob...stick it fruit loop, you seem very clueless yourself, and direct your stupid ass stuff elsewhere. You are probably an american business turn coat that has sold your soul to the devil anyway.
Yep, and did I get a good price!
Nuisance Buster

New York, NY

#23 Feb 11, 2010
obviously those China basher haven't got a single clue of what he/she is talking.

get the facts right, and try to differentiate between frictions and facts.

name one country that the Chinese has colonized, depleted and impoverished the country into proverty? Answer: NONE!

opposite is true for the Christian crusaders of yesteryear.. the only exception is Hong Kong and Singapore. Hong Kong because of its hinderland support. the latter is self-made, achieved 1st World standard only after the British left the slum nation and with hér forward thinking leaders that walk the talk.

name one country that China has started a war with, illegal war? NONE.

name one country that China occupies illegally? NONE

don't name TIBET 'cos that is Chinese territory and the Dalai Lama is a CIA crony. period.

who came to the rescue of the USA depression of the 20th century? while, check with the u.s. treasury.

Chinese rise was already foreseen 50-60 years ago, locked into oblivion by the one-sided disadvantaged agreements she have had entered in the 20th century.

anw, i'm not chinese, i too hates them (i.e. the mainlander) for their inability to be thankful and greatful for being helped during the cultural revolution... but facts are facts.
Fixers Smarter Brother

Euless, TX

#24 Feb 11, 2010
Bob Burns wrote:
<quoted text>What Chinese corp would you like to invest in? Or are you looking to invest in China? There's a lot money to be made here, and I can for sure assist you, if you're serious
I'd like to invest in their solar and wind energy companies.

What can you recommend that's open to foriegn investment?
Red_Fist_nolog

United States

#26 Feb 12, 2010
Bob Burns wrote:
<quoted text>Rumors of our imminent demise have been a staple of your MSM for decades. Strangely we see that the passage of time reveals that it is you who are heading down fast, while we go from strength to strength. Why is that, do you suppose? Is there a god somewhere who has taken offense at your arrogant lies, and visited you with what you were wishing and hoping on us? Cosmic irony
It's like this, they never want to be publicaly shamed and everyone else must show respect ? right.

Well if you want respect,you all need to EARN respect.

North Korea? bagh hell no, China could stop the nonsense.
Iran,nukes? China is a small insignifigant country in my opion and have very little respect from me.
They should use that so called power for the good,but they sit back acting so cool,and don't do a damn thing to help the world.

It is china who is arrogant, if they think they are all so big and bad,use that power for the good of all, shame on you.
If I had it my way, we would trash all relations,cut off all food and re-develope factories to take care of our own.
And not give out any money, retract all troops from all countries, and watch the greedy world eat itself alive and beg USA to help once again..

Oh, enjoying your benzine river, smog and coal clouds ?
(believe me I am 100% against all this global warming BS, so for me to bash that coutries pollution while WE take the heat, I say take a hike.)
Fixers Smarter Brother

Euless, TX

#27 Feb 15, 2010
Seriously, what about China's alternative energy companies? Any chance on us getting in on that?

Hello, this thing on?
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#28 Feb 15, 2010
Fixers Smarter Brother wrote:
Seriously, what about China's alternative energy companies? Any chance on us getting in on that?
Hello, this thing on?
Absolutely. E-mail me as per the post above

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan Stanley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morgan Stanley CEO says bankers' bad judgment w... Jul '14 fayebryant00 3
Wall Street scrambles as Lehman files for Ch. 1... (Sep '08) Jul '14 swedenforever 11
China's Sinopec 1H Earnings Climb 24% as Refini... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Snowflake 1
Morgan Stanley Now #69 Largest Company, Surpass... (Aug '13) Aug '13 comrade zsolt sass 1
China Business Confidence Falls; China Aims to ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The CCP is DYING 1
Citigroup Awards EO Corbat $11.5 Million After ... (Feb '13) Mar '13 nevermind12345 4
ACLU sues Morgan Stanley over risky mortgages (Oct '12) Oct '12 Bluebonnets-Thistle 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Morgan Stanley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••