After Buying Spree, China Owns Stakes in Top U.S. Firms

Flush with cash despite the global economic downturn, China's sovereign wealth fund quietly snapped up more than $9 billion worth of shares last year in some of the biggest American corporations, including Morgan Stanley, Bank of America and Citigroup. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#1 Feb 8, 2010
Yep. You work for us now. Ah ha ha

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#2 Feb 8, 2010
I don't know why you crow about this. Carlos Slim owns a chunk of the NY Times. One of the Saudis is hip deep in Citibank. China can invest all it wants in US corps as long as they obey full SEC disclosures. On the other hand, investing in Chinese corporations, is near impossible for foreigners. Why is that? Maybe because the bookkeeping is less than legit?
Red_Fist_nolog

United States

#4 Feb 8, 2010
So much for any hope I had for the liberals and Obama.
IF we lost the elction,(McCain) my only bright side to electing Obama was to stop this downsizing and ADD some tarriffs.

So much for dems looking out for USA and the folks.

next up !!!

let everyone cross the border.
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#5 Feb 8, 2010
too droll to troll wrote:
I don't know why you crow about this. Carlos Slim owns a chunk of the NY Times. One of the Saudis is hip deep in Citibank. China can invest all it wants in US corps as long as they obey full SEC disclosures. On the other hand, investing in Chinese corporations, is near impossible for foreigners. Why is that? Maybe because the bookkeeping is less than legit?
What Chinese corp would you like to invest in? Or are you looking to invest in China? There's a lot money to be made here, and I can for sure assist you, if you're serious
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Feb 8, 2010
Why do we need hand gun training...Rocks are every where? For free
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#7 Feb 8, 2010
hey wrote:
Why do we need hand gun training...Rocks are every where? For free
Right. I got my gun. You got your rock. Ready?
LordZarquar

East Lansing, MI

#8 Feb 8, 2010
Governments other than the US government are allowed to buy US companies?!
Tao Jones

Fullerton, CA

#9 Feb 8, 2010
Is China goimg to be the model for the world economy, and are we going to have become more like them in order to compete. Eat lead!
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#10 Feb 8, 2010
Tao Jones wrote:
Is China goimg to be the model for the world economy, and are we going to have become more like them in order to compete. Eat lead!
Not "more like them". Rather, we suggest you examine carefully our policies. Checking out our culture, religion, values, etc might be helpful too
Red_Fist_nolog

United States

#11 Feb 8, 2010
Chinas big problem is like the game of Risk, but they don't care about life, and could care less how many of thier people die.
($1mil to Haiti)

So if they get poisoned, like with that benzine spill in that river and not told for 3 weeks.

Ironic thing about china, is they always put on a good face as if they are so good.But as soon as you question them in the media, they get all petty and warlike.

So we are up aginst far too many workers, far to low of wages, and no care for humanity, eco laws,etc etc.

But they will come crashing down, because the workers will eventually want more money.
And not all those people can fill modern day jobs.

Hell we gave them everything, and they do not stand against Iran, I say FU china (until you act on Iran or terrorist.)
Tao Jones

Fullerton, CA

#12 Feb 8, 2010
Bob Burns wrote:
<quoted text>Not "more like them". Rather, we suggest you examine carefully our policies. Checking out our culture, religion, values, etc might be helpful too
Proxy
WORLD IDIOTS RACE WAKEUP

Santa Clara, CA

#13 Feb 8, 2010
Japaneses , Arabs and now the Chineses .
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#14 Feb 9, 2010
Red_Fist_nolog wrote:
Chinas big problem is like the game of Risk, but they don't care about life, and could care less how many of thier people die.
($1mil to Haiti)
So if they get poisoned, like with that benzine spill in that river and not told for 3 weeks.
Ironic thing about china, is they always put on a good face as if they are so good.But as soon as you question them in the media, they get all petty and warlike.
So we are up aginst far too many workers, far to low of wages, and no care for humanity, eco laws,etc etc.
But they will come crashing down, because the workers will eventually want more money.
And not all those people can fill modern day jobs.
Hell we gave them everything, and they do not stand against Iran, I say FU china (until you act on Iran or terrorist.)
Rumors of our imminent demise have been a staple of your MSM for decades. Strangely we see that the passage of time reveals that it is you who are heading down fast, while we go from strength to strength. Why is that, do you suppose? Is there a god somewhere who has taken offense at your arrogant lies, and visited you with what you were wishing and hoping on us? Cosmic irony
abdulzthorn

Grove, OK

#15 Feb 9, 2010
Bob Burns wrote:
<quoted text>Not "more like them". Rather, we suggest you examine carefully our policies. Checking out our culture, religion, values, etc might be helpful too
Oh please! stop acting like that cess pool of human tragedy has got something to offer the world other than more tragedy; you talk as if most people lived under a rock and know nothing of the Chinese brutality toward it's people who want something better than its got.
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#16 Feb 9, 2010
abdulzthorn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh please! stop acting like that cess pool of human tragedy has got something to offer the world other than more tragedy; you talk as if most people lived under a rock and know nothing of the Chinese brutality toward it's people who want something better than its got.
Clearly somebody lives under a rock, if that's your metaphor for being clueless
Feb 9 2010

Pittsburg, CA

#17 Feb 9, 2010
They really damaged the American economy with NAFTA. Sure the investors of America made money off cheap labor but they ruined the middle class in America. Topped with not deporting illegals and allowing 20 million illegals in the united states taking construction jobs. Yeah, they all don't pick lettuce you know. America got raped and is killing off the middle class.
abdulzthorn

Grove, OK

#18 Feb 9, 2010
Bob Burns wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly somebody lives under a rock, if that's your metaphor for being clueless
Hey Bob...stick it fruit loop, you seem very clueless yourself, and direct your stupid ass stuff elsewhere. You are probably an american business turn coat that has sold your soul to the devil anyway.
Opiey

Curwensville, PA

#19 Feb 9, 2010
Red_Fist_nolog wrote:
So much for any hope I had for the liberals and Obama.
IF we lost the elction,(McCain) my only bright side to electing Obama was to stop this downsizing and ADD some tarriffs.
So much for dems looking out for USA and the folks.
next up !!!
let everyone cross the border.
Your not serious?
Chinas rise to power started long before Obama came into the picture.
Japan owned a majority stake in many top U.S. companies during the late 70's throughout the 80"s.
Untill Americas bankers pulled the plug on Japan as it's economy was overtaking Americas.
If the same ploy is used on China, will China sit back and allow it?
Or retalliate?
In about 15 years, Chinas military hardware will match Americas or slightly exceed it. Add 3 billion Chineese soldiers. That is a formidable army.
Opiey

Curwensville, PA

#20 Feb 9, 2010
Feb 9 2010 wrote:
They really damaged the American economy with NAFTA. Sure the investors of America made money off cheap labor but they ruined the middle class in America. Topped with not deporting illegals and allowing 20 million illegals in the united states taking construction jobs. Yeah, they all don't pick lettuce you know. America got raped and is killing off the middle class.

Yes, America's middle class has been permanently decimated.
But not by the Mexicans. By American Banking cartels. And their Corporate friends.
Bottom line: Mexicans will rule this nation in some 30 years as they will have the dominate vote.
remember when California voted out "equal opportunity"?
Whites just cut their children's throats.
Opiey

Curwensville, PA

#21 Feb 9, 2010
WORLD IDIOTS RACE WAKEUP wrote:
Japaneses , Arabs and now the Chineses .
Has the Norwegian people any say in getting rid off undesirable immigrants?
I read where the swedes refused to hire any Non-Swedish people, and by doing so have saved their culture.
Any truth in this?
I often consider moving to Norway as the people are not so consumer driven as they are a down to earth people who value family, love, and enjoying life. But I have hesitations as I am from America. And may net be well received as I would be searching employment. Which means a Norwegian may be at a loss for the same job. Add to that the Anti-American sentiment globally,.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan Stanley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Morgan Stanley CEO says bankers' bad judgment w... (May '14) Jul '14 fayebryant00 3
News Wall Street scrambles as Lehman files for Ch. 1... (Sep '08) Jul '14 swedenforever 11
News China's Sinopec 1H Earnings Climb 24% as Refini... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Snowflake 1
News Morgan Stanley Now #69 Largest Company, Surpass... (Aug '13) Aug '13 comrade zsolt sass 1
News China Business Confidence Falls; China Aims to ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The CCP is DYING 1
News Citigroup Awards EO Corbat $11.5 Million After ... (Feb '13) Mar '13 nevermind12345 4
News ACLU sues Morgan Stanley over risky mortgages (Oct '12) Oct '12 Bluebonnets-Thistle 11
More from around the web