Morgan-Citi favors 'awards' over bonuses

Morgan-Citi favors 'awards' over bonuses

There are 1 comment on the InvestmentNews story from Feb 22, 2009, titled Morgan-Citi favors 'awards' over bonuses. In it, InvestmentNews reports that:

In a nod to today's touchy political environment regarding executive compensation, financial advisers at the firm born out of a joint venture between Morgan Stanley and Smith Barney will not receive retention ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InvestmentNews.

Hudson Falls, NY

#1 Feb 22, 2009
What about upfront money? When a broker leaves to go to another firm they receive up front money. The nicer name for this is forgiveable loan. I am currently hearing rumors that brokers are receiving up to 300% up front money to go to a certain TARP institution. I don't know what all the firms are paying but I am hearing rumors from friends in the institutions that they can get 200-300%. What I understand this to mean is that if they receive 300% up front money and produced 1,000,000 in commissions they will receive a loan of 3,000,000 which becomes forgiveable over time(usually 7 years). I think this is unforgiveable and I wish the media would do some investigation into this. Is it ethical for brokers to be doing this even though they are signing legal contracts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morgan Stanley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Uber and Lyft are demolishing New York City tax... Oct 12 Pak Sabaruddin 1
News Wall Street has made Hillary Clinton a millionaire (Oct '15) Sep '16 Ebenezer Scrooge 17
News Wall Street scrambles as Lehman files for Ch. 1... (Sep '08) Dec '15 Hasterts male hooker 12
News Morgan Stanley CEO says bankers' bad judgment w... (May '14) Apr '15 swedenforever 5
News China's Sinopec 1H Earnings Climb 24% as Refini... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Snowflake 1
News Morgan Stanley Now #69 Largest Company, Surpass... (Aug '13) Aug '13 comrade zsolt sass 1
News China Business Confidence Falls; China Aims to ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 The CCP is DYING 1
More from around the web