House subpoenas Geithner's AIG e-mails, phone logs

Jan 13, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Seattle Post-Intelligencer

A House committee probing bailout deals has subpoenaed the Federal Reserve Bank of New York for correspondence from Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and other officials.

Comments
61 - 74 of 74 Comments Last updated Jan 20, 2010
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Laval, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

Take a gratifying stroll down to the fascinating tavern that is Bar 38. By day it sizzles with. At night York's nightspots bubbles with originality. Bar 38 is a landmark that must be stopped at prior to exiting York without a doubt.

Since: Oct 08

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

and just WHO is going to prosecute Obama's boy? HOLDER?? Heck the wimpy Democrats can't even get Rangle.. and he already admitted to FORGETTING he was rich..
fenster

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Time and Space wrote:
The politics of this story mean nothing to me...
What amazes me is how your email and phone logs can be retrieved between now and eternity...
yes, that is very scary.
fenster

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

AmerigoLori50 wrote:
Take a gratifying stroll down to the fascinating tavern that is Bar 38. By day it sizzles with. At night York's nightspots bubbles with originality. Bar 38 is a landmark that must be stopped at prior to exiting York without a doubt.
just stay at your restaurant and stop posting off topic, puleeze.
Tony

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Time and Space wrote:
The politics of this story mean nothing to me...
What amazes me is how your email and phone logs can be retrieved between now and eternity...
No need to be concerned......just go into politics or get involved with a politician and your phone logs and emails will be sweat under the table no matter what they contain.

the patirot act is only for "main street" americans not for politicans, wall street or terroist.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to be concerned......just go into politics or get involved with a politician and your phone logs and emails will be sweat under the table no matter what they contain.
the patirot act is only for "main street" americans not for politicans, wall street or terroist.
side note.....I wonder if that applies to 'pre-paid' phones as well?

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>side note.....I wonder if that applies to 'pre-paid' phones as well?
One would think if you pay cash and it's a throw away..NO..at least not on your end..
fenster

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2010

independent voter Joliet wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think if you pay cash and it's a throw away..NO..at least not on your end..
smash the throwaway phones or soak them in water to get rid of stored info. when getting rid of your old computer, break into many pieces your old hard drive. lots of info stored on your fixed disk.

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

fenster wrote:
<quoted text>smash the throwaway phones or soak them in water to get rid of stored info. when getting rid of your old computer, break into many pieces your old hard drive. lots of info stored on your fixed disk.
Your right after breaking them into pieces put into your trash slowly each week in separate bags with nasty kitchen trash a throwaway phone bought for CASH can't be traced thus the name.. and the transaction..

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

I mean if they can sophena the calls and emails of governmers...can you imagine what they could do to us?
But i guess ya gotta break the law or be underinvestigation in order for them to do that...

Or how about how they, the phone company, released Tiger Woods voice mail that he left for a mistress and then played it on the News...
I find that troubling that a phone company would do that...

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Fire "Turbo tax Geithner"

Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

Time and Space wrote:
I mean if they can sophena the calls and emails of governmers...can you imagine what they could do to us?
But i guess ya gotta break the law or be underinvestigation in order for them to do that...
Or how about how they, the phone company, released Tiger Woods voice mail that he left for a mistress and then played it on the News...
I find that troubling that a phone company would do that...
did the phone company do that or did the mistress?? she had the message on HER phone and she can play it for anyone she wants.. NEVER LEAVE A MESSAGE unless it can be played on television..
fenster

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

Judged:

independent voter Joliet wrote:
<quoted text>
did the phone company do that or did the mistress?? she had the message on HER phone and she can play it for anyone she wants.. NEVER LEAVE A MESSAGE unless it can be played on television..
my aunt used to say "never do or say anything you would not want to see on the front pages of the new york times"
fenster

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

Judged:

geithner needs to go. he is one of the "foxes guarding the hen house" really bad choice obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••