Growers: USDA must act, prevent sugar supply issue
Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.
#1 Aug 20, 2010
Oh goody, we're seeing the setup for a false sugar shortage. Just drop the trade barriers and start importing sugar from the Caribbean. Give those nations something legal to export and you'll finally start undermining the drug economy. Folks, this is a no-brainer. Unless you're a beet grower afraid of non-subsidized competition.
#2 Aug 20, 2010
And we are just supposed to trust that the genetically altered seeds aren't going to cause any problems later on? Remember this is Monsanto. The aspertame Monsanto.
Top 10 Reasons to Label Genetically Engineered Food
1. A threat to life: The Convention on Biodiversity recognizes that genetic engineering is a threat to the amount and variety of life on the planet.
2. They're unhealthy: Scientists reviewing data from Monsanto's own studies "have proven that genetically engineered foods are neither sufficiently healthy or proper to be commercialized."
3. Allergens: Biotech's scattershot technique of spraying plant cells with a buckshot of foreign genes that hit chromosomes in random spots can trigger the expression of new allergens and change the character of plant proteins.
4. The dairy's different: Milk and dairy products from cows injected with genetically engineered growth hormones are different from normal milk and dairy products.
5. Birth defects: The third generation of hamsters fed genetically engineered soy suffered slower growth, a high mortality rate, and a bizarre birth defect: fur growing in their mouths. Many also lost the ability to have pups.
6. It makes a difference: Animals fed genetically engineered feed are different from animals fed conventional and organic feed.
7. Gene transfer: A single serving of genetically engineered soy canresult in horizontal gene transfer, where the bacteria in the human gut adopts the soy's genetically engineered DNA.
8. They're different: Genetically engineered foods are different from normal foods.
9. Testing: Genetically engineered foods have not been tested to determine whether they are safe for human consumption.
10. They're everywhere: Almost all non-organic processed food and animal products in the U.S. today contain ingredients that come from genetically engineered crops or from animals given genetically engineered feed, vaccines or growth hormones.
Genetically Engineered Foods Should Be Labeled!
Michael Taylor, former Monsanto Vice President, is now the FDA Deputy Commissioner for Foods.
Add your comments below
|GMO critics protest at Monsanto meeting; resolu... (Jan '14)||Jan '17||Yidfellas v USA||17|
|Bijna rond (Aug '16)||Aug '16||pardon||1|
|High-stakes fight over soybeans at high court (Feb '13)||Aug '16||Disclose toxins||2|
|Monsanto Co. (MON) Upgraded to "Strong-Buy" by ... (Aug '16)||Aug '16||OPERATION GLADIO||1|
|Corrupted IT practices by Monsanto (Jul '16)||Jul '16||Michaels||1|
|Bayer verkoopt onderdeel. (Jun '16)||Jun '16||pardon||1|
|Baas Bayer (May '16)||May '16||pardon||1|
Find what you want!
Search Monsanto Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC