Sowing the seeds of widespread concern

Sowing the seeds of widespread concern

There are 5 comments on the The Paradise Post story from Dec 1, 2009, titled Sowing the seeds of widespread concern. In it, The Paradise Post reports that:

Every so often, I come across a film that recharges my batteries by reaffirming the power of investigative journalism.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Paradise Post.

Shareholder

Paradise, CA

#1 Dec 1, 2009
Thanks for the article. I just logged onto E-Trade and bought 2500 shares of Monsanto thanks to your enlightening article.
jimmy

Flushing, NY

#2 Dec 1, 2009
was this a book report? I have seen mindless filler pass for journalism, but this was a C- at best

You are passing on a point of view without any real critical thought put into the review.
Are you a report
Scarry stuff when youmg minds no longer think for themselves, and rether parrot what they hear and report it as news, or movies critizism or what ever you choose to call that piece of sloppy work
Nice work

Chico, CA

#3 Dec 3, 2009
A film review in the opinion section. Is this what writing in the Paradise Post has come to? You watch a documentary and write a column based on the documentary. And we all know that all documentaries are completely factual.
Fact Check Much

Hanover, NH

#4 Dec 3, 2009
The fact that you were able to publish this piece is simply baffling to me. The very first takeaway that you list,
"U.S. law prohibits food companies from disclosing whether their products contain genetically modified crops." is patently false.
In fact, the FDA gives some guidance on how firms might want to label foods that are GMO free:
"We do not use ingredients that were produced using biotechnology;"
"This oil is made from soybeans that were not genetically engineered;" or *
"Our tomato growers do not plant seeds developed using biotechnology."
http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceReg...
This kind of blind acceptance of scare tactic reporting is exactly what makes it impossible to have a reasonable conversation about GMO. I agree that there are legitimate concerns regarding the widespread production and consumption of these products, but lets stick to the facts.
Publius2

United States

#5 Dec 3, 2009
I always suspected the environmental lobby got their marching orders from Hollywood - and this confirms my suspicions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Monsanto Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GMO critics protest at Monsanto meeting; resolu... (Jan '14) Jul '15 holmes beeeach 10
News Consolidation in seed industry could pressure D... May '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 2
News Organic Consumers Association: Divest Monsanto ... (May '14) May '15 Tomas_W 2
News Capitol Report: Goodall says animals 'suffer' f... May '15 getthefacts4achange 1
News Carl Casale, president and CEO of CHS Inc. (Jan '15) Jan '15 carl 1
News GMO battles over 'settled' science spur new stu... (Nov '14) Nov '14 One way or another 2
News Colorado ballot decisions include personhood, G... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Sneaky Pete 6
More from around the web