Jeremy Siegel on Why You Need Dividends

Jeremy Siegel on Why You Need Dividends

There are 2 comments on the The Motley Fool story from Dec 24, 2011, titled Jeremy Siegel on Why You Need Dividends. In it, The Motley Fool reports that:

No money for you! The dividend payout ratio -- the percentage of net income paid out to investors as dividends -- has slid to the lowest level in recorded history, less than half of where it stood for most of the past century.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Motley Fool.

jon

Eatontown, NJ

#1 Dec 25, 2011
should a company expand in this envirement with its money or buy back stock and contract in this envirement? diane shipping (dsx) comes to mind. they also have cut their dividend. with them being owed money from shagang shipping on their ship the houston, i, a shareholder expect stock butbacks.
jon

Eatontown, NJ

#2 Dec 25, 2011
check that i'm already getting butbacks. make that buybacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altria Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California raises smoking age to 21, tightens v... (May '16) Sep 7 ThomasA 61
News Supreme Court: Altria can be sued for 'light' c... (Dec '08) Feb '17 Martin garey 7
News EU Supports Joint Operation of Illicit Cigarett... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Well 2
News Philip Morris seen getting serious about Altria... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Mugs mahone 1
News Is this Large Market Cap Stock target price rea... (Dec '16) Dec '16 Mugs mahone 1
Market sentiment (Feb '14) Oct '16 Mugs mahone 7
News Altria Group: An Attractive Investment (Apr '14) Jul '16 Mugs mahone 2
More from around the web