Philip Morris USA, others win favorable verdict

There are 4 comments on the KSNT-TV Topeka story from Apr 29, 2011, titled Philip Morris USA, others win favorable verdict. In it, KSNT-TV Topeka reports that:

Philip Morris USA and other major tobacco companies won a favorable verdict Friday in a lawsuit filed by 37 Missouri hospitals seeking more than $455 million for treating sick smokers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSNT-TV Topeka.

Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

#1 Apr 30, 2011
The supreme court is filled with clowns

Since: Mar 11

Monroe, NY

#2 May 6, 2011
"The jury agreed with Philip Morris USA that ordinary cigarettes are not negligently designed or defective," Murray Garnick, Altria Client Services senior vice president and associate general counsel, said in a statement.
----------
What is he talking about? Of course, they aren't!They are sophisticated, ingenious devices designed with a great care to increase addiction and make people puff faster and buy more. Defective? I wish they were.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#3 May 7, 2011
True. It is not negligence, it is criminal intent.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#4 May 7, 2011
Storm Warning wrote:
The supreme court is filled with clowns
Hey, come on! They appointed Bush, didn't they? Oh, yeah. Never mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altria Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Altriaa s Profit Rises on Higher Marlboro Price... (Jan '11) Apr 7 Long Darby 2
News 15 years later, tobacco giants fight legal batt... Feb '15 Your Ex 4
News E-Cigarettes Pose Public Health Concern, Califo... Feb '15 Sneaky Pete 4
News No Raise At Work, Again? Follow The Yellow Bric... Feb '15 Laura 1
T cell revolution (Jul '14) Oct '14 Mugs mahoney 2
News US tobacco growers brace for tougher competition (Sep '14) Sep '14 Does Not Compute 1
News Altria Increases Quarterly Dividend by 8.3% to ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mugs mahone 1
More from around the web