Altria companies to test new smokeles...

Altria companies to test new smokeless tobacco stick

There are 8 comments on the Richmond Times-Dispatch story from Feb 24, 2011, titled Altria companies to test new smokeless tobacco stick. In it, Richmond Times-Dispatch reports that:

The product, called a smokeless tobacco stick, is designed for smokers or snuff tobacco users looking for a spit-free alternative to traditional oral tobacco such as snuff, a company spokesman said Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Richmond Times-Dispatch.

john

Eatontown, NJ

#1 Feb 24, 2011
nice. its like having a beer, or smoking a pipe and just plain relaxing in this crazy world. go mo.
James Walker

Santa Barbara, CA

#2 Mar 7, 2011
I finally figured it out, it's like the old days when people used to break off a hickory stick moisten it in saliva and then dip it in snuff. Not sure this will catch on. I'd feel kind of weird with a stick hanging out of my mouth.
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#3 Mar 8, 2011
James Walker wrote:
I finally figured it out, it's like the old days when people used to break off a hickory stick moisten it in saliva and then dip it in snuff. Not sure this will catch on. I'd feel kind of weird with a stick hanging out of my mouth.
Well, perhaps they will come out with a suppository format...

“Fredneck County Md”

Since: Feb 08

Small Town

#4 Mar 8, 2011
Hugh Jass wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, perhaps they will come out with a suppository format...
Hey good idea, that will be the one specifically designed for you and your anti-smoker komrades to chew!

;-)
Commonsenseman

Columbus, OH

#5 Mar 8, 2011
From the article:
The smokeless tobacco sticks consist of finely milled tobacco that is coated on roughly 2.5-inch-long wooden sticks, Garcia said. About two-thirds of the stick is coated with tobacco. The consumer places the stick in their mouth and "enjoys the tobacco flavor," as Garcia described it, and discards the stick when done.

They left off the last part of the statement:
discards the stick when done, usually on the ground, sidewalk, or anywhere else they happen to be, just like cigarette butts.
numbers

Grundy, VA

#6 Mar 8, 2011
Commonsenseman wrote:
From the article:
The smokeless tobacco sticks consist of finely milled tobacco that is coated on roughly 2.5-inch-long wooden sticks, Garcia said. About two-thirds of the stick is coated with tobacco. The consumer places the stick in their mouth and "enjoys the tobacco flavor," as Garcia described it, and discards the stick when done.
They left off the last part of the statement:
discards the stick when done, usually on the ground, sidewalk, or anywhere else they happen to be, just like cigarette butts.
2.5 inch stick, you must never get out of the city, my trees drop thousands of these all over my yard all the time. Commonsense?

Since: Mar 11

Islamabad, Pakistan

#8 Apr 28, 2011
Hello guys,

Our previous discussion was very meaningful. Some people use Smokeless Tobacco Products and save our health. We should try that that we spread awareness to local people about negative effect of smoking.

Thank you
http://www.vixova.com/natural-bph-treatment/
Hugh Jass

Nashville, TN

#9 Apr 29, 2011
Several "reasons" given for bringing out this and other products. They DON'T, however, mention that proliferation of new products is a ploy to force those places with tobacco regulations in place to go through the trouble of rewriting them to address new issues.

It is going to be tough enough just with e-cigs designated "tobacco products".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Altria Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California raises smoking age to 21, tightens v... (May '16) Feb 27 Say What 56
News Supreme Court: Altria can be sued for 'light' c... (Dec '08) Feb '17 Martin garey 7
News EU Supports Joint Operation of Illicit Cigarett... Dec '16 Well 2
News Philip Morris seen getting serious about Altria... Dec '16 Mugs mahone 1
News Is this Large Market Cap Stock target price rea... Dec '16 Mugs mahone 1
Market sentiment (Feb '14) Oct '16 Mugs mahone 7
News Altria Group: An Attractive Investment (Apr '14) Jul '16 Mugs mahone 2
More from around the web