Body discovered in Carmel gravel pit

Body discovered in Carmel gravel pit

There are 149 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 14, 2007, titled Body discovered in Carmel gravel pit. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Carmel police are reporting the discovery of a body in a Martin Marietta Materials gravel pit near the 4700 block of 96th Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

paisleyposey

“END THE FED!”

Since: Feb 07

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#1 Mar 14, 2007
I knew it. I thought it was the gravel pit the whole time. I'm glad his family knows where he is and pray for their healing and peace. I hope it was accidental...

“Yeah, I said it.”

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis

#4 Mar 14, 2007
So sad. Hopefully this will provide some closure, if not comfort, for the family.
Kim

Elmhurst, IL

#5 Mar 14, 2007
paisleyposey wrote:
I knew it. I thought it was the gravel pit the whole time. I'm glad his family knows where he is and pray for their healing and peace. I hope it was accidental...
There was no immediate determination that the body may be that of Chuck Rickey, per the Indy Star
mehereathome

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Mar 14, 2007
I won't believe it is his body till it is proven!
CSI

United States

#7 Mar 14, 2007
paisleyposey wrote:
Where were you on the night in question?
Mark

Carmel, IN

#8 Mar 14, 2007
How owful, the poor family of this man. I wondered if that gravel pit or the nearby river would be the place where his body would be found, I drive by there almost everyday. How tragic.

On your PC screen

#9 Mar 14, 2007
Have they found that it was truly him yet?
Whopdee

Palo Alto, CA

#10 Mar 14, 2007
I felt sorry for you. Being the only one to post on this thread, must be a lonely soul. Making your screen name and picture reflect your need, your desire to make your post count rise and ultimately your need to belong to Internet society. Argentina is crying for you. Can you predict next week’s lotto numbers?

Prediction: Bears fan. Gets drunk at bar, mad cause they lost, drives in bad conditions, crashes, DWI oops! Starts out on foot leaving the scene of the crime, 2 counts, trespasses, make that 3, falls to an untimely death.

Case closed Colombo. Case closed.
zionsville

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Mar 14, 2007
Those people at the Star are amazing! Whereas the forensic evidence is still being examined and no conclusions drawn, the Star has already published the photo of the victim. Nothing like jumping to conclusions. I hope you are wrong and the family sues you for unnecessary duress.
Colts21Bruiser

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Mar 14, 2007
you are quite the stalker...pervert!
David Smith

Marysville, OH

#13 Mar 14, 2007
Sure lets post a picture of the guy and the say:

"There was no immediate determination that the body may be that of Chuck Rickey."
15minutes

Tipton, IN

#14 Mar 14, 2007
Sad news, but a least the family can start grieving for him. It was extremely difficult to be optimistic about someone going missing in that bitterly cold weather and surviving the night being exposed to the elements.
The google maps view shows that the gravel pit complex runs pretty much right up to where the accident was.

Since: Dec 06

Fayetteville, TN

#16 Mar 14, 2007
My Condolences and Prayers are with the family. May the peace of GOD that surpasses all understanding abide with you during this time and forever. God Bless
livin the dream

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Mar 14, 2007
Life is very unpredictable, plan and plan and plan, but there is no telling when God will call you to the "upper room"
Random Comment

United States

#18 Mar 14, 2007
Isn't this location very close to the accident and the Moondog tavern?

They would have had to have checked the gravel pits before, right?

I know we had snow in the area around that time, and I'm unfamiliar with the daily workings of an operational gravel pit and how snow accumulation affects it, etc.

paisleyposey

“END THE FED!”

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!!

#21 Mar 14, 2007
TheMommy wrote:
Have they found that it was truly him yet?
No, but this pit is near the road right where they found his car. Who else could it be? The pit iced over for a long time right after that.
Crazy

Chicago, IL

#22 Mar 14, 2007
It's Crazy how this body and that of Vickery-West were both found in the same week... a bit eerie to me.
Not enough INFO

United States

#23 Mar 14, 2007
Hope they know more by tommorow
Deep Six

Marysville, OH

#24 Mar 14, 2007
Hmmm, gravel pit right next to where his truck crashed. Body in the water there. Dressed like him. I think it is probably him. Too many similarities to think there would be someone else out for a mid-winter swim.
Sarah in Dundee

Waukegan, IL

#26 Mar 14, 2007
Whopdee wrote:
I felt sorry for you. Being the only one to post on this thread, must be a lonely soul. Making your screen name and picture reflect your need, your desire to make your post count rise and ultimately your need to belong to Internet society. Argentina is crying for you. Can you predict next week’s lotto numbers?
Prediction: Bears fan. Gets drunk at bar, mad cause they lost, drives in bad conditions, crashes, DWI oops! Starts out on foot leaving the scene of the crime, 2 counts, trespasses, make that 3, falls to an untimely death.
Case closed Colombo. Case closed.
Some of you people are DISGUSTING!!! No matter who this person turn's out to be....HE WAS SOMEONES FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER....Heaven forbid someone should crack jokes when one of your friends or family members die. Show a little humanity and compasion!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Marietta Materials Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.C. company eyes Clover property for quarry site (May '14) Dec '14 Jason 4
News U.S. Steel departing S&P 500, bumped by Martin ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 1005 Proud 1
News Hedge Funds Are Crazy About These Stocks (May '12) May '12 DueDiligenceTactics 2
News Vulcan Materials consolidation leaves fate of K... (Jan '12) Jan '12 real bigT 2
News Greenwood settles with quarry (Jun '10) Jun '10 A Geenwood resident 1
News Sparta Plant Will Close, 40 Jobs Eliminated (Feb '10) Feb '10 opec 3
News Highway spending isn't the stimulus it was envi... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Shannon 3