Smyrna Woman Sues Over Alleged Medica...

Smyrna Woman Sues Over Alleged Medical Mistake

There are 1 comment on the WTVF story from Jun 15, 2011, titled Smyrna Woman Sues Over Alleged Medical Mistake. In it, WTVF reports that:

A Smyrna woman is suing the Middle Tennessee Medical Center after she says the hospital staff gave her the wrong type of blood during a routine surgery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVF.

MurfreeGirl

Beech Bluff, TN

#1 Jun 17, 2011
I am emailing regarding the negligence of Middle Tennesse Medical Center & its employees. Recently Heather Gaf did a story about MTMC giving the wrong blood to Ms. Patricia Frazier. Unfortunately I have not spoken to the media before regarding the negligence of the hospital and hopefully this will never happen again. I will not be treated at MTMC because I fear the same will happen to me. On Feb 24 2009 a woman was treated at MTMC under my name however it was not me. After being the treated the lady walked out of MTMC with all of my personal and medical information (which was all available on the discharge papers). The suspect later had prescriptions filled under my name at a local Kroger Pharmacy in Murfreesboro. I was made aware by recieving a bill from MTMC when I made the hospital aware that I was not treated MTMC turned a blind eye to my response, hince the negligence. I have recently learned that the suspect has a valid Tennesse drivers liscense utilizing all of my information (which legally makes her me). Now a lot of legal issues has stemmed from the negligence of MTMC. Also because MTMC treated someone else under my name her blood type is on file not mine. On Feb 12 2011 after having complications breathing I was rushed to MTMC only for security to be called on me; at that time I was taken to and treated at Stone Crest in Smyrna. Middle Tennessee Medical Center did not allow me to file a complaint against them because Ms. Laurel Eakes of MTMC advised me that the hospital filed an internal complaint but they could not provide me with a copy because -it was internal. I will never return to be treated at MTMC because the information & blood type on file does not belong to me. Even though I reside in Murfreesboro & MTMC is the only hospital in the city I will not be treated out of fear that the wrong blood will be administered to me just as it was to Ms. Frazier.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Tennessee Medical Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man Accused of Stealing Girlfriends Car and Cre... (Nov '12) Nov '12 joeg 2
News New Arrivals (May '12) Jun '12 tinker 4
News Nurse arrested for leaving child alone while go... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Newcomer1 3
News Man drowns at Murfreesboro apt. complex pool (Jun '11) Jun '11 Just Saying 2
More from around the web