Windows 8 inspires computer makers to creativity

Oct 26, 2012 Full story: Bradenton.com 6

With the release of Windows 8, computer makers are doing their best to blur the boundaries with an array of devices that mash keyboards and touch screens together in different ways.

Full Story
commentariat

Satellite Provider

#1 Oct 28, 2012
This is AP's story not bradenton's.

http://www.apnews.com/ap/db_6724/contentdetai...
Irving

Pulaski, TN

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Regardless of who scribbled it, the title is nothing but paid propaganda.

Windows 8 is crap. I will not invest my hard earned cash in something designed as a smart phone also-ran.

At home, I want a keyboard and a screen and a tower that doesn't look plagiarized from Apple or Fisher-Price.
Marny

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Nov 17, 2012
I hate Windows 8 paint program. I can't do all the great things I could do with Windows XP. Is there any way I can get Windows XP paint onto my current Windows 8? I miss it soooooo much!! The only reason I purchased a new computer is because my other computer crashed in the storm, and when I tried to get it started, all I got was the boot-up screen. Couldn't do anything else. My other computer was 6 years old, and maybe I didn't need a new one. I kind of regret getting this one, although it does have some features that I like, but the paint, bleh. You'd think that getting the current version of Windows would give you a paint program that's easy to work with and enjoy, but it didn't turn out that way. I'm very disappointed. Once again, does anyone know if I can put Windows XP paint on my current system? Thank you!:)
ivy bridge e

Utica, NY

#7 Mar 11, 2013
Irving wrote:
Regardless of who scribbled it, the title is nothing but paid propaganda.
Windows 8 is crap. I will not invest my hard earned cash in something designed as a smart phone also-ran.
At home, I want a keyboard and a screen and a tower that doesn't look plagiarized from Apple or Fisher-Price.
You need to learn something about computers and operating systems.
ivy bridge e

Utica, NY

#8 Mar 11, 2013
Marny wrote:
I hate Windows 8 paint program. I can't do all the great things I could do with Windows XP. Is there any way I can get Windows XP paint onto my current Windows 8? I miss it soooooo much!! The only reason I purchased a new computer is because my other computer crashed in the storm, and when I tried to get it started, all I got was the boot-up screen. Couldn't do anything else. My other computer was 6 years old, and maybe I didn't need a new one. I kind of regret getting this one, although it does have some features that I like, but the paint, bleh. You'd think that getting the current version of Windows would give you a paint program that's easy to work with and enjoy, but it didn't turn out that way. I'm very disappointed. Once again, does anyone know if I can put Windows XP paint on my current system? Thank you!:)
You only lost MBR, just because there was a storm, has nothing to do with a computer. MBR= Master Boot Record. When you crash or lose power while in windows, the MBR can get corrupted.

If the house was hit by lightning and fried it, only the PSU might be bad and it wouldn't turn on.

There's tons of software, here are two free ones.

http://www.ultimatepaint.com/

http://powerpaint.en.softonic.com/
laughing man

UK

#9 Jun 19, 2013
ivy bridge e wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn something about computers and operating systems.
Incredible stupidity from a Redmond shill.

Turns out that 8 has lagged behind Vista, which is universally acknowledged as a massive failure, even worse that ME.

And I agree with the original poster. 8 looks very childish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Microsoft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Windows Update is broken on XP Nov 22 kb3270791i 1
Number of Billionaires Increases, Gates Still R... (Mar '06) Nov 18 andet1987 17
33 Bugs Fixed in Major Patch Tuesday Nov 17 whatsinaname 1
As Firefox turns 10, Mozilla trumpets privacy Nov 13 Kid_Tomorrow 1
3 things to consider before ditching your lapto... Nov 5 One way or another 2
Microsoft releases stopgap POODLE protection fo... Nov 1 Mohammad 1
Xbox 720 Release Date and Specs Revealed (Jun '12) Oct 30 dannyrappster2k 2

Microsoft People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE