Windows 8 - The Abomination.

Posted in the Microsoft Forum

DOS 1

Seattle, WA

#1 Dec 21, 2012
I have always been a windows user, except for ME and Vista. However, I am now going back to all linux. Windows Hate is the last straw.

If I had wanted a smart phone, I would have bought one. However win8 is just like a virus loaded with spyware. They even want your email address. I am done with microsoft. Each version of windows just gets dumber. I still run XP in the classic style.
I like things quick. I run win7 at work. It reminds me of a dumbed down version of XP, which is a dumbed down version of win98.

I don't see why each version of windows must get stupider than the last.

I still have a copy of IBM windows 1 and even DOS 1. I was a microsoft guy. However all that changed with windows 8. I'm done.

1. No start button.

2. No choices.

3. Crappy spyware apps forced in your face.

4. Loss of privacy.

6. Its ugly.

7. More click for the same job.

Windows 8 is like an horror movie, like eyes wide shut with you and your computer in the fire pit at Boheamian Grove. You and your money are on the satanic sacrificial alter surrounded by evil warlocks. Windows 8 is a nightmare.

Thanks Bilderberg Billy.

Windows 8 is an ABOMINATION !

Condemned to HELL !
DOS 1

Seattle, WA

#2 Dec 21, 2012
Sorry. I made an error. I have IBM DOS 1 and windows 1. I collect software as a hobby. However, I still think that windows 8 is the worst OS and UI in world history.

Windows 8 is an evil abomination.

Windows * SUCKS - BIGTIME !

Its solid spyware.
DOS 1

Seattle, WA

#3 Dec 21, 2012
Windows 8 SUCKS !
Joshua

Auckland, New Zealand

#4 Dec 22, 2012
These postings do clearly express how Microsoft has gone very wrong with this operating system.
Whatever low-level technical improvements that exist in Windows 8 could have been added to Windows 7 with a service pack or a simple straightforward upgrade that does not change the user interface. They should be making changes incrementally. Instead of an in-your-face new operating system known as Windows 8.
Even with the introduction Windows 7, it has various user interface features which create an unstable user interface. This is even with a touchscreen. For example, there should be an option to disable drag-and-drop when working with the file view (among all version of Windows). Or the ability to disable the maximizing and restoring of a program through the movement of its title bar.
With Windows 8 they have to invade users privacy, try to induce and force customers into a Windows account, offer stores to profit off of customers and developers, offer a dysfunctional user interface that visually is appalling and an abomination. You must wonder whether or not Windows 8 even has a back door for the government to spy on you.
Never have used Windows 8, but have watched some videos about it and read comments like this. What does one do when a program goes into full-screen? It is not obvious. I have also seen the method by which people try to close a program and get it out of the way. The question then becomes is the process still running somehow?
Very simply for the power user, Windows 8 is tremendously frustrating.
It also has created stability problems with existing applications.
Microsoft also has been removing menus since Windows Vista. A menu is a very timeless and well-organized user interface concept that should always remain. It is very accessible through the use of touchscreens as well.
Can only hope that Windows 8 will drive developers and users away from the product and bring an end to the madness of Microsoft.
Microsoft rarely produces well-organized and quality software that is fast , well organized, efficient , stable, with up-to-date, easy to access and well-organized documentation. Often what they do is create a mess of things which is very well expressed with the Windows 8 abomination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Microsoft Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Windows Update is broken on XP Nov 22 kb3270791i 1
Number of Billionaires Increases, Gates Still R... (Mar '06) Nov 18 andet1987 17
33 Bugs Fixed in Major Patch Tuesday Nov 17 whatsinaname 1
As Firefox turns 10, Mozilla trumpets privacy Nov 13 Kid_Tomorrow 1
3 things to consider before ditching your lapto... Nov 5 One way or another 2
Microsoft releases stopgap POODLE protection fo... Nov 1 Mohammad 1
Xbox 720 Release Date and Specs Revealed (Jun '12) Oct 30 dannyrappster2k 2

Microsoft People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE