Judge Nixes New Calif. Execution Meth...

Judge Nixes New Calif. Execution Method

There are 7 comments on the The Associated Press story from Nov 1, 2007, titled Judge Nixes New Calif. Execution Method . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

“The lethal injection protocol in California is of great statewide prominence.”

California's stalled death penalty plunged deeper into disarray Wednesday when a judge tossed out the state's new lethal injection method.

The judge's ruling added to the growing uncertainty over the status of capital punishment in the state.

Marin County Judge Lynn O'Malley Taylor invalidated the state's new procedure because state prison officials failed to treat the new execution method as a new state regulation, which mandates public comment among other requirements.

Taylor's ruling came a day after the U.S. Supreme Court signaled it would continue to halt executions nationwide until it decides a challenge to Kentucky's lethal injection procedure. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

darra

United States

#1 Nov 1, 2007
GOOD!!! I am completely against the death penalty. Until everyone gets the same quality of representation it should be off the books. Also, it doesn't seem to hinder the killing. We're spending much too much money litigating this issue. I believe spending your life in prison with no possibility of parole with only one hour of exercise is the best punishment.
Recovering Liberal

Newington, CT

#2 Nov 1, 2007
No possibility of parole is the key. If that can be guaranteed, then this is OK.

“Justice Kennedy is a pos!”

Since: Aug 07

Danbury, CT

#3 Nov 13, 2007
Recovering Liberal wrote:
No possibility of parole is the key. If that can be guaranteed, then this is OK.
That's what they gave Clarence Ray Allen for ordering the murder of a women in 1974 who could testify against him in the burglary of a supermarket his firm had provided security for.

It did not stop him from paying his cellmate and his son to commit the murders of eight people who could testify against him should his case be appealed. The plot ended with the shootings of eleven people, three of whom died.
advntregrrrl

Kansas City, MO

#4 Nov 13, 2007
Meir Kahane was right wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they gave Clarence Ray Allen....
It did not stop him from paying his cellmate and his son to commit the murders of eight people ...The plot ended with the shootings of eleven people, three of whom died.
That's why the rules have to change. Life without parole,in a small box of a room- absolutely NO human contact, nothing to do but wait and wait and wait......
Hartfordite

Elmhurst, IL

#5 Nov 13, 2007
advntregrrrl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why the rules have to change. Life without parole,in a small box of a room- absolutely NO human contact, nothing to do but wait and wait and wait......
Get a clue... do you know its the guards in the prison systems that also demand cable TV and other ridiculous luxuries for the prisoners all so they don't become "too agitated". Get a single lib to agree to box these creatures up in solitary for eternity and I'll support it 100%. I wouldn't hold my breath.

“Justice Kennedy is a pos!”

Since: Aug 07

Danbury, CT

#6 Nov 13, 2007
advntregrrrl wrote:
<quoted text>
So no doctors, guards or lawyers to file their appeals?
advntregrrrl

Kansas City, MO

#7 Nov 26, 2007
Meir Kahane was right wrote:
<quoted text>
So no doctors, guards or lawyers to file their appeals?
I wouldn't suggest no guards........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Method Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GlobalLogic acquires Method for product design ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 sam 1
News Marin therapist says retraining brain can stop ... (May '09) Jul '09 Lisa Nathanson Lo... 8
More from around the web