21 miners unaccounted for, possibly 6 dead at Raleigh mine

Apr 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Charleston Daily Mail

As many as 21 miners are unaccounted for and possibly six dead after an explosion and roof collapse at a Massey Energy Co.

Comments
1 - 20 of 137 Comments Last updated Apr 8, 2010
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Miners wife

Bedford, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

My husban works in a mines in Va it made me want to cry when i heard of this I am praying for the miners and the familys
Just a by stander

North Tazewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

are you sure how do you know .. waht do you know obut the explosion
Whoo

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

CNN just reported 12 dead...
who cares

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

Judged:

There are 12 dead and 10 missing now... it was at 12:00 when I got that info... I know that Shannon Perdue, & Jason Davis is o.k. Please prey for all the miners and their families... Oh yeah did you all see where Tammy Powers Formerly known as Tammy Deer? She lied about her son and her niece. First off her son is a low life druggie and a good for nothing baby maker. second She is no kin to Angie.
Doesnt matter

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

who cares wrote:
There are 12 dead and 10 missing now... it was at 12:00 when I got that info... I know that Shannon Perdue, & Jason Davis is o.k. Please prey for all the miners and their families... Oh yeah did you all see where Tammy Powers Formerly known as Tammy Deer? She lied about her son and her niece. First off her son is a low life druggie and a good for nothing baby maker. second She is no kin to Angie.
Her youngest son does work at UBB and the girl that she said was her niece was her neice through marriage. She still considers her family.
who cares

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

what son are you talking about?
Doesnt matter

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2010

who cares wrote:
David
SongofJoy57

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

pray that the miner families will find comfort in the shelter of God's arms, and their needs will be met. My heart breaks for you.

To be "absent from the body" is to be "present with the Lord" (2 Cor. 5:8).

I am so sorry for your tragic lost. God Bless You.

Tammy

Glasgow, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Judged:

who cares wrote:
Why is it in a time like this people want to start rumors and get on here to trash someone. I for one am praying for all families involved, my husband works in the mines there at Marfork and was up at UBB helping.I just think we all need to keep the little bitter comments to ourselves if we have nothing nice to say. Get a life and grow up.
To the families my prayers and thoughts are with you and I can relate to the pain you are going though. Like I said before I'm a Massey wife and I'm here.
pray 4 miners and family

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

i was there all nite the total is 25 dead and 4 missing as of now the gas levels was to high around 2am they told us the pulled the rescue teams out of the mines untill they can drill to get the gas levels down then they will sent the rescue team back to search for the missing four. my prayer are with the familes in their time of lost.
Heartbroken

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

I am heartbroken and sick to the gills for the families. I am lifting you and your familes up in prayer that you will find the peace of God which passes all understanding. I pray the last four are found alive and well.
Grace and Peace

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Prayers of comfort and love for everyone involved in this terrible tragedy. May God watch over and keep the families and friends in his loving embrace.
tocrokus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Judged:

Where is your compassion as a fellow human being? Do you have zero respect for human life? God does not lie, you will reap what you sow. To make light of such a tragedy shows the complete absence of moral code in your life and only highlights your ignorance and lack of integrity. I pray for God's unending mercy for you. You may someday be in the very shoes so many of these families are in today.
Get Real

Mount Hope, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Tammy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it in a time like this people want to start rumors and get on here to trash someone. I for one am praying for all families involved, my husband works in the mines there at Marfork and was up at UBB helping.I just think we all need to keep the little bitter comments to ourselves if we have nothing nice to say. Get a life and grow up.
To the families my prayers and thoughts are with you and I can relate to the pain you are going though. Like I said before I'm a Massey wife and I'm here.
I agree 100%
Get Real

Mount Hope, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Crokus wrote:
Miners lament - I have fallen and I cant get up.
If they actually went to school, they would be in the predicament they are in now.
You are such an inconsiderate low life person! During times like this you need to keep your mouth shut!!!

Since: Oct 08

BUD BY GOSH WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Crokus wrote:
If they actually went to school, they would be in the predicament they are in now.
If it was YOUR family members or close friends I bet you tail you wouldnt want stupid slurs posted like that now would you? I bet not. NOW GROW UP AND TAKE THOSE FAMILY IN TO CONSIDERATION BEFORE YOU GO MAKEING YOUR SLURS. AND WHERE DID YOU GO TO SCHOOL AT? WHAT DO YOU DO TO SUPPORT YOUR FAMILY IF YOU HAVE ONE????

“Blessings to you and yours.”

Since: Dec 07

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Judged:

May the Goddess bless these miners, their families and the community affected.
Blessings of light and love to all.
)0(
Curious

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Judged:

Crokus wrote:
If it wasn't for coalminers you would be sitting in the dark! Also you would have no electricity to get on the computer to make rude comments. Do everyone a favor and find some compassion.

I am continuing to pray for the coalminers and their families, I can't imagine what they are going through.
wow

Martinsburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Judged:

I wish there was a way to delete these types of post. I don't ever post but this was too much. Anyway, many of these miners are very well educated and they have immense pressure and responsibility. I am sure the families are not too upset to hear they don't have support from all. They are certainly tough enough to engage in day-to-day roles without worrying about what people say on an internet forum. In 2010, without coal, we have no lights. Many sites now link up their forums with monitoring forms of communication from that company. Obviously this site may not take that into account. Is there a way to make complaints similarly to other sites?
miners wife

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2010

Judged:

Crokus wrote:
Do you not realize that alot of these guys have collage educations, alot of them have served our country as soldiers. Just a little bit of information you must not know, these guys make as much as doctors do or lawyers. Look it up the average miner makes around 80,000 per year. The more training you get the more your pay goes up like with any job. These guys are doing you a favor without them you wouldn't be able to sit in front of your computer and write stupid comments. For guys that didn't go to school they sure as hell have an important job remember that when you flip your switch to turn on your lights tonight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Massey Energy Discussions

Search the Massey Energy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Case For Coal Jun '14 Smart Barr 1
Former Massey executive pleads guilty to federa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 PHISH 2
Other Massey mines cited for ventilation problems (Apr '10) Mar '13 DrMUDD 4,051
Alpha gives $20K to Marshall for engineering (Jan '13) Jan '13 Ralph 1
Massey mine disaster settlement 'couldn't pay u... (Jul '12) Nov '12 jsp2 3
unbelievable (Apr '10) Sep '12 Justice Prevailed 32
McDonnell Pledges Money To Mine Safety (Apr '10) Jun '12 Miner 69er 10
•••
•••