Hate mcdonalds? Complain about mcdona...

Hate mcdonalds? Complain about mcdonalds?

Posted in the Mcdonalds Forum

First Prev
of 41
Next Last
bmwboy

Wichita, KS

#1 Jul 5, 2006
Well seriously, stop the complaining, I am a McDonald's employee and I am tired of customers coming up and saying "You left the pickles on my burger", well, you need to get a damn life and use your hands and pick up the pickle. And duh, eating mcdonald's 3 times a day, 7 days a week will make you fat. People also complain about "employees lying about ingredients", well, we don't know the god damn ingredients! The stuff comes boxed and frozen, we don't make the fries on the spot! Seriously, stop your god damn complaining, if you don't like mcdonalds, or complain about mcdonalds, then just stop eating the food. I truly don't care. I'm 14 and this is the only job I can get, and it wouldn't be so bad if customers would have something better to do than complain about the food that you choose to eat..we don't force you to ingest fries and burgers, do we?
Gene

Mexia, TX

#2 Jul 29, 2006
My response to that... if you make it right THE FIRST TIME you won't get so many complaints! I don't eat McDonalds myself, but I have to go back and get my son's orders corrected nearly every time THEY eat McDonald's. Sure, we could take the pickles off. But we're not getting paid to make the burger (or unmake it as the case may be), we're paying YOU to make it for us. Make it right, and you'll hear a lot less complaining.
Blahhhhhhhh

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#3 Jul 29, 2006
Gene wrote:
My response to that... if you make it right THE FIRST TIME you won't get so many complaints! I don't eat McDonalds myself, but I have to go back and get my son's orders corrected nearly every time THEY eat McDonald's. Sure, we could take the pickles off. But we're not getting paid to make the burger (or unmake it as the case may be), we're paying YOU to make it for us. Make it right, and you'll hear a lot less complaining.
Blah blah the reason your order is always wrong is because mcdonalds hires illegal immigrants and theyre AWARE OF IT, VERY AWARE OF IT. Most of them dont speak english and are paid minimum wage. Thats why youre order is wrong, its not the girl or guy taking the order of the intercom, so next time THINK of that before you come up cussing at the money taker or order taker...., its the illegals in the kitchen who cant read the screen to MAKE the burger correctly. They dont feel the wrath of the customer,,, and we're certainly not going to rip open every burger thats made to see if its right,,, youd bitch about that as well.
Gene

Mexia, TX

#4 Jul 29, 2006
Nope... I don't cuss at anybody, I just find a place to complain, same as you're doing. I've worked at McDonald's myself, both on the grill and out front. I KNOW what it's like, and I know how many illegal aliens there are back there. McDonald's sticks them on the grill because they figure you don't have to speak English to cook a burger. And McD hires 14 year-old kids because they know they can push them around and get away with it. I don't like McD's. If I had my way, they would all be shut down or start serving real food made by reasonably mature and intelligent people. But all that doesn't change the fact that if I pay for it, I should get it made RIGHT. All the excuses in the world won't change that fact.
mewwwwwwwww

UK

#5 Jul 30, 2006
bmwboy wrote:
Well seriously, stop the complaining, I am a McDonald's employee and I am tired of customers coming up and saying "You left the pickles on my burger", well, you need to get a damn life and use your hands and pick up the pickle. And duh, eating mcdonald's 3 times a day, 7 days a week will make you fat. People also complain about "employees lying about ingredients", well, we don't know the god damn ingredients! The stuff comes boxed and frozen, we don't make the fries on the spot! Seriously, stop your god damn complaining, if you don't like mcdonalds, or complain about mcdonalds, then just stop eating the food. I truly don't care. I'm 14 and this is the only job I can get, and it wouldn't be so bad if customers would have something better to do than complain about the food that you choose to eat..we don't force you to ingest fries and burgers, do we?
I worked there for 3 shifts. You're being exploited. Find a new job ASAP. encourage your co-workers to as well. Dont take any shit from customers, or managers. and most importantly, dont eat there in your spare time - it adds to the expliotation.
JHM

San Antonio, TX

#6 Aug 2, 2006
mewwwwwwwww wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked there for 3 shifts. You're being exploited. Find a new job ASAP. encourage your co-workers to as well. Dont take any shit from customers, or managers. and most importantly, dont eat there in your spare time - it adds to the expliotation.
Hmmm... Just sounds like anti-McDonald's propaganda to me...

You can't work there for just 3 shifts (and I doubt you did) and say you worked for them an know all about them. Three days? I guarantee 3 days isn't even enough time to learn your boss' and co-workers' names.
sweet-lovely

Thornton, PA

#7 Aug 2, 2006
bmwboy wrote:
when i was 15 i worked at wendys, and when some one would walk up and complain about a mistake i made, yes i got fustrated but i can understand it. but they dont have to curse you out and throw food at you, people make mistakes. but then most of the time customers are just plain ignorant. they just wanna get something for free most of the time. expecially in the neighborhood that i worked in.
Ol righty then

#8 Aug 10, 2006
Gene wrote:
Nope... I don't cuss at anybody, I just find a place to complain, same as you're doing. I've worked at McDonald's myself, both on the grill and out front. I KNOW what it's like, and I know how many illegal aliens there are back there. McDonald's sticks them on the grill because they figure you don't have to speak English to cook a burger. And McD hires 14 year-old kids because they know they can push them around and get away with it. I don't like McD's. If I had my way, they would all be shut down or start serving real food made by reasonably mature and intelligent people. But all that doesn't change the fact that if I pay for it, I should get it made RIGHT. All the excuses in the world won't change that fact.
I agree with you, dont you love when the customers cuss at you though. so nice of them. lol. The jobs a joke, Im glad Im out. What a waste of life and time it was. Seriously get out.
Ol righty then

#9 Aug 10, 2006
sweet-lovely wrote:
<quoted text>
when i was 15 i worked at wendys, and when some one would walk up and complain about a mistake i made, yes i got fustrated but i can understand it. but they dont have to curse you out and throw food at you, people make mistakes. but then most of the time customers are just plain ignorant. they just wanna get something for free most of the time. expecially in the neighborhood that i worked in.
LOL... I hear yah. I loved when they came up with a happy meal with only a hamburger in it, and said everything else was missing. yet apon inspection of the bag theres the distinct smell of fries and grease all over the bag. Guess they got a fired burger. People like this should be downright embarassed... what do they think were retards and cant see that indeed fries were in the bag. They must.. I mean we work there.. In the longrun though I see all of this mcd garbage as funny in the end. Its so sad you cant help but laugh. Otherwise youll lose your fu*king mind.
mcdicks

AOL

#10 Aug 13, 2006
bmwboy wrote:
It's a job where you serve people you ignorant child. Your JOB is to SERVE. It's as simple as that. If you don't like your job then swallow it for the time you are there or find another one. I have a feeling if you were a paperboy, you'd be breaking windows and missing delivery quite alot. Shame on you for being so self-serving. You deserve less than minumum wage and unfortunatly for us, Mc dicks will probably promote you. That is assuming McDicks doesn't mistake you for one of thier own cattle and converts you into a bigmac unit that is properly prepared because that employee can handle the 'STRESS' of fast food and actually read and recollect the order. You are very stupid for a young boy.
Nick

Moncton, Canada

#11 Aug 17, 2006
Wow. In all honesty, crew are paid to put up with all the crap that customers say and that managers make them do. It's not exploitation; it's a job. As far as illegal imigrants goes, I have no idea, I don't work in the US McDonald's, I work in Canada, and immigration doesn't affect us, but here, customer service is important. I am on management, and quite frankly, the worst thing I've ever gotten an employee to do is take gum off of the bottom of a table in the lobby. Employees, and customers alike, choose to be there. There are always whiners and complainers, that's life. I've dealt with and been threatened by many upset customers. I've gone as far as having some arrested, but never in my life, have I heard as much complaining as I have here. And before you realise that you're speaking nonsense, and start complaining about the time it takes to receive your order(s), hear me out...

People come through the dive through, ignore the bid red LED sign saying Order Condiments Here; take 5 minutes to place their order, and then decide they want it on seperate bills. While all these changes are being made, more customers come, and clearly need to wait. These customers blame us for the wait, when it was all because of the person in front of them. Not only are customer service and TET (Total Experience Times) very important at our restaurant, but we never ever have waits over 7 minutes. If you can make 4 Burgers, fries and drinks in 7 minutes at home, you deserve some sort of reward. And with the number of cars that come through the drive thru (usually 80-150 per hour), we don't mess up that many orders! It only seems like it because you're only dealing with one order. One order out of ever 50 is 2% of our orders are messed up... In all honesty, that's pretty good, especially with the cutom orders that come through. Seriously, when I used to go to a fast food restaurant, I'd pick off the pickle. You get your food quicker if you just get it normal, because over supper time, there is like a double cheeseburger going thrhough the bin per minute, and people aren't keeping track of whose was ordered first. So you could get the first one that comes out, where as if you customized it, you could be waiting a while. And for the record, being rude to staff will only worsen your visit.
We remember people we dont like.
As far as the healthiness of the food, anything you eat at McDonald's can easily be purchased at any grocery store. It is true that certain ingredients were not aknowledged to the public, but certainly not to injure people, but because it wasn't important! Now that there have been serious issues, it is now aknowledged.. McDonald's would rather have a good reputation and 2% less customers, than bad reputation and 20% less customers. And for those people who say "They're all about the money".
DUH!!!!!!
People don't open businesses because they like to work. Remember that. You wouldn't work if you werent paid. Crew are there to make the company money, not to kiss customers asses. Just because you paid 6 bucks for a big mac combo doesnt mean you now own a part of McDonald's. And don't hold a grudge because one time, you were served by someone who messed up the pickles with the onions.
And here, you have to be 15 to work at McDonald's, and I was team leader at the age of 15. Don't discriminate against teenagers. If you don't give them a chance, of course they're going to show attitude, so would any adult. It just seems worse because you know you were just told off by someone younger than you, and that you expected to be "served" by.

Get over it, and think things over before you start complaining. And as for Anti-McDonald's people, you need some new reasons to lead your pointless lives.
Gene

Mexia, TX

#12 Aug 18, 2006
To Nick -

Wow, it's been awhile since I stopped by here, but I'm glad I did today! I am so glad you guys know how to run fast food in Canada. Maybe you should come down to Texas and teach them!

I worked at two different McD's, one for three months and the other for six months. I also worked at Dairy Queen (Texas only, I think) when I was in High School. I know a little bit about fast food and about customer service. In the first McD's I worked in, I was hired on as Assistant Manager because the Manager had seen me work elsewhere and was very impressed. And I have to agree with bmwboy on one point, McD's employees do get treated crappy by customers. I've cleaned up some of the worst deliberate messes you can imagine and put up with curses and insults from customers. But to be honest, the worst treatment I received was from my fellow employees! Most of them were teenagers, quite a few of them were illegal immigrants, and they ALL believed the world around them owed them a favor.

I liked my job. I enjoyed cooking (still do) and I liked talking to people. I was well-liked and got raises. But here at the local store (yes, the one I filed a complaint on) they really do bully and mistreat employees. And whether anyone is willing to admit it or not, THE FOOD IS CRAP.

I cooked supposed meat patties with green and brown flakes in them - of course when it's cooked it's all brown, so nobody knows the difference. I dare you to get a McD's patty and cook it next to a frozen patty from the grocery store. You WILL notice a big difference, I guarantee it! I dare you to get chicken nuggets or breast patties from the store and cook them next to a comparible McD's product. You WILL notice a difference, I guarantee it! McD's serves the cheapest and poorest food they can possibly get away with, because it makes them money. Sure, they're all about the money - surely they should be since they're a business! But to cheat their customers, mistreat their employees, and serve food that hardly qualifies as edible - that's hardly any way to run a business! And they get away with it because they're a corporate giant who in effect answers to no one, not even government regulatory agencies.

But back to personal experience... We have shopped at the same McD's for the past four years. My sons like the burgers because they grew up eating happy meals, but they already know the difference between McD's food and REAL food - they prefer real when we have time to prepare it. So for four years, we've made it a regular practice to check our order before we leave the parking lot because I would say 75% of the time it's going to be wrong. Go ahead and figure those odds! If we get wrong orders 75% of the time for four years, that means that they've been getting at least 75% of their orders wrong during that time. They didn't just pick us out of the crowd.

So go ahead and tell me how good McD's is. But don't expect me to believe it - I've worked there and I know different.
Gene

Mexia, TX

#13 Aug 18, 2006
And a post-script for Nick...

There were a couple of your statements I neglected to answer, and after rereading I thought it would be worth it to me to answer.

First off, this one: "Crew are there to make the company money, not to kiss customers asses."

And how much money are they going to make the company if they make everybody too mad to come back??? Who do you think pays the bills? The employees who hate their job and are sick of eating the stuff? No, it's THE CUSTOMER. If you can't make the customer happy, you don't deserve to be in business, period. The crew are there to make the customer happy, which in turn will make the company money. Or was the other statement, "Customer service is very important" just a little bit of McD double-speak?

And then this one: "And as for Anti-McDonald's people, you need some new reasons to lead your pointless lives."

I am an Anti-McDonald's person. I have a very rich and full life other than being anti-McD, but I still have a great dislike for ANY corporation who does business the way McD's has done nearly since the very beginning. I am self-employed, a musician, a writer, and an active church member. My life is far from pointless. But I think it's worth it to complain in places and ways that may change things. Believe me, I've already complained to McD's corporate headquarters about the locally poor excuse for service. I just happened upon this site in a search for McD's complaint form, because they don't make it accessible from their corporate site. I wonder why!!!

And don't give me the "We have to make money somehow" speech. Other restaurants and food service chains make money selling good, real food and providing good customer service. And they're doing pretty good! McD's has chosen the low road by providing the cheapest possible food and the poorest possible service at the highest possible price - and now they've got the reputation they've earned.
zmh

United States

#14 Aug 20, 2006
i have worked in fastfood for 11 years now and i will say this it is the biggest drama show in america and around the world.. i have worked for mcdonalds both corp. and private and let me tell you one thing it sucks donkey balls..you are blamed for someone else's mistakes constintly and there is not a god damn thing you can do about it because there is always a bunch of snooty brown nosers somewhere in the company.. managers talk about one another where the crew can clearly hear and they will go back and tell the other manager plus a few crew people before that person..
pokergalpoker

Lansdowne, PA

#15 Aug 22, 2006
This is in reply to bmwboy...you can tell your only 14 because of the way you write. Maybe you shouldn't be working in a public forum type job at your age because of your attitude. You will realize as you get
older that the customer is ALWAYS right and that's just the way it is. When a person orders any type of food whether at McDonalds or the classiest restaurant in your town, you give them what they want and if that means a burger without pickles, then so be it. Why should the customer have to take the pickles off if that's the way they ordered it. I wonder myself what is wrong with the people at McDonalds. They NEVER get an order right. Just today I ordered a Sausage and Bacon McMuffin with two hashbrowns. Not only did I have to repeat the order 3 times, but, when I got to work, in the bag was 2 sausage, egg and cheese mcmuffins. Not the sausage and bacon mcmuffin wihout egg that I repeated twice. I blame management for hiring these incompetent employees who like yourself, do not give a damn about customers orders. You need to find another job but sounds to me like any job you take you'll have a problem with. Grow up!
bmwboy wrote:
pokergalpoker

Lansdowne, PA

#16 Aug 22, 2006
Hey blahhhhhhh, seems to me like you know alot about
McDonalds and their policies. If they're hiring immigrants who do not understand English and yet they
still will hire them to make the public's sandwiches, either get someone who knows how to read to oversee if
these immigrants are making them correctly, or, the
ENGLISH speaking workers will have to fuel the complaints. I'm sure if you ordered something and got the wrong thing, you'd be first in line to complain like all the rest of us.
Blahhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah the reason your order is always wrong is because mcdonalds hires illegal immigrants and theyre AWARE OF IT, VERY AWARE OF IT. Most of them dont speak english and are paid minimum wage. Thats why youre order is wrong, its not the girl or guy taking the order of the intercom, so next time THINK of that before you come up cussing at the money taker or order taker...., its the illegals in the kitchen who cant read the screen to MAKE the burger correctly. They dont feel the wrath of the customer,,, and we're certainly not going to rip open every burger thats made to see if its right,,, youd bitch about that as well.
I Work For Mcdonalds

Devonport, Australia

#17 Aug 24, 2006
I work at McDonalds, I am 15. The store I work out hardly makes an error. You all complain about the lack of communication and that the burgers arenít what you ordered. Grill orders are what you guys and gals are requesting. Kitchen staff cooks regular burgers ECT in groups of different amount, (cheeseburgers in groups of 9, big Mac in groups of 5 ect.). When we receive a grill order we get sent a little tiny slip. A grill order takes priority and that burger is made then the rest of the standard group is made after the grill order. I am not an illegal immigrant and we get paid fairly. In most McDonalds kitchens the burger order is NOT written down anywhere, it is a memory thing. Some of the time we have 'trainees' who might be doing there first night on a station, such as PFN, Deli Choices, Wrapping, or Beef. It is hard work for them, being placed in a new environment and having to work fast, the regular output time for a chicken burger in 30 seconds, as a trainee that is almost impossible until you have done it for a few shifts. Most of the time, if the order is wrong in the bag, most likely it is the person on the front counter, if the burger/roll is wrong then it may be a person at the backs fault. All grill orders are the #1 priority, in bigger stores there can be upwards of 20 people cooking at once, a lot of burgers, they get mixed up. With the new system we have customers can place there order with what they want. We get grill orders right, but people especially trainees can find it hard. Grill Orders arenít always received due to noise and or no one taking the slip out thus the person cooking the burgers is unaware about it. The night you order on can also affect your order because people can be rushing on Friday / Saturday nights due to the amount of people that are coming through the doors. We can go through easily 100 burgers in 1 hour. I have seen some pretty weird grill orders in the past and some of them are easy, others are not. If you havenít worked at McDonalds donít diss it, it is probably one of the best workplaces for teenagers as they can meet with there friends, have a good time, serve quality food and satisfy the customer.
Gene

Mexia, TX

#18 Sep 2, 2006
"I work at McDonalds, I am 15. The store I work out hardly makes an error."

And which planet did YOU fly in from? Both McD's I worked in, the orders were punched into a pressure-pad register and showed up on 12 inch screens around the sandwich counter where everything was put together. Special orders did NOT get any priority, they were made in the same order they were received. The burger patties were cooked nine at a time and stored in bins under a heat lamp until they were used. We didn't replace them, we just kept a bit of water in the bin so the patties never dried out.

There is a LOT of pressure to be fast, but it's not all that hard to put out orders quickly once you learn the system - and if you're following the screen, it's not hard to get special orders right. The biggest problem I saw when I worked there was employees who didn't give a rip because they were being paid and treated really crappy anyway.

Yes, I agree that McD's is a good place for teenagers to meet friends and have fun - that's part of the reason they get so many orders wrong! They don't care what they mess up as long as they don't miss any social action! Now I'm not saying all McD's workers are like this, or even that all teenagers who work at McD's are like this. But the vast majority ARE.

Quality food? I won't even go there. anybody who has eaten and compared will know the difference.

Gene.
laura

Northampton, UK

#19 Sep 3, 2006
I HATE MACDONALDS AND I HATE IT WHEN EMPLOYEES GIVE FREE FOOD TO THEIR FRIENNDS I DONT THINK ITS FAIR MY BOYFRIENDS WORKS AT MACDONALDS AND I HATE HIM SOMEONE HELPME GET HIM FIRED
I Work For Mcdonalds

Melbourne, Australia

#20 Sep 4, 2006
We get a little slip, and it is easy as to follow, allour patties are cooked fresh as we go, so there is never any left over from cooking nor are they stored anywhere, as we make the burger they are put down, then we dress the burger, and by the time that is finished the meat is up. I live in Australia, so im not from a different planet, and we do it well, thats why one of the stores where i live is the best store in Australia....Employees should not be giving away freee food, getting him fired would be you just have to see a manager then they will watch him, he gets three warnings then they sack him. Everything is fair thats why, I'm Lovin It'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 41
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mcdonalds Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
people week (Aug '12) 15 hr Angie 6
2 breakfast burritos for 2 bucks and seeing the... Aug 8 dollar any size c... 1
how long are breaks for certain hr shifts at mc... (Aug '12) Aug 7 neighbor 30
News Don't confuse Dow Jones records for overall eco... Aug 3 Jones 1
Bagel sauce, WTH???? (Sep '07) Jul 29 bagelbob 42
Mcdonalds commerical from rhe '80 Jul '17 Sue knight 1
Mcdonalds cash register cheat sheet? (Jun '09) Jul '17 Suprah 191
More from around the web