First Prev
of 11
Next Last
silentcheese

Brighton, MA

#1 Jan 9, 2007
if anyone hear is employee of mcdonalds and hates there pay they get u can complain here. i get payed alousy $7.50 an hour and for our raises we get 10 cents. ive been workin at mcdonalds for about a year and a half and 7.50 isn't cuttin it. maybe if the customers weren't rude and the managers worked then it might be worth it.
loser

Portland, OR

#2 Jan 21, 2007
How can anyone complain about McDonalds when everyone starting out at a job gets treated the basically the same way. Thank God for a job. If you don't like the pay, go sell yourself, get busted, go to jail, prison, whatever you choose, and then think about how nice that minimum wage was; and if you had to do it all over again, live a quiet life, grow a garden, spend your money wisely, ride the bus to save money, don't have kids unless you can afford them. Sounds easy? No of course not. Nothing is easy. So how about a nice big cup of coffee?
ROGER SLACK

Pflugerville, TX

#4 Jan 23, 2007
I HAVE WORKED AT MCDONALDS IN WEST VIRGINIA AND I AM GLAD TO HAVE A JOB AND ONLY MAKE 5.65 PER HOUR. HOWEVER THE WAGE INCREASE WILL HELP OUT ALOT. THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE OUT OF WORK IN WEST VIRGINIA.IF YOU DO NOT LIKE YOUR JOB AT MCDONALDS GO DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL SALVATION ARMY AND TAKE A LOOK AROUND AT ALL THE PEOPLE AND BE GLAD TO HAVE YOUR JOB THERE ARE SO MANY HOMELESS PEOPLE IT IS RIDICULOUS!!! WHILE YOU WORK AND PAY THE BILLS THEY ARE OUT IN THE COLD. WOULD YOU TRADE PLACES WITH THEM I SURE WOULDNT SO THE NEXT TIME YOU THINK MAN I REALLY HATE MY JOB AT MCDONALDS JUST THINK ABOUT THEM!
jami

Manchester, GA

#5 Feb 7, 2007
kool
jami

Manchester, GA

#6 Feb 7, 2007
oh heck dont comlain just say horay wowzerrs.! and i dont even work lol
hii

Sydney, Australia

#7 Feb 10, 2007
hi
hahah

Burnley, UK

#9 Feb 13, 2007
hi :)
hahah

Burnley, UK

#8 Feb 13, 2007
woooooooo i get 5.38 an hour :)

hi :) and hi to the person called hi :)
Billy

London, UK

#10 Feb 23, 2007
I get 4.50 and hour as a 20 year old in aberdeen scotland
Unknown

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Mar 9, 2007
It is possible to get up to a $0.50 raise per six month review period, if you've been working hard enough ;) I've received $0.40 in raises in just over a year, and I've just been promoted to Swing Manager ;)
silentcheese

Brighton, MA

#12 Mar 19, 2007
Unknown wrote:
It is possible to get up to a $0.50 raise per six month review period, if you've been working hard enough ;) I've received $0.40 in raises in just over a year, and I've just been promoted to Swing Manager ;)
ur lucky cause iv'e been workin a t mcdonalds for about two years and i'm still an employee. i've trained people that are now Managers or MIT's.

Since: Mar 07

Ontario, Canada

#13 Apr 9, 2007
silentcheese wrote:
<quoted text>
ur lucky cause iv'e been workin a t mcdonalds for about two years and i'm still an employee. i've trained people that are now Managers or MIT's.
That's how it works sometimes. My Crew Trainer is now someone who needs to work with me where I am managing her.
McD

Portland, OR

#14 Apr 19, 2007
Yea, Mc. donalds doesnt pay that good at all, actually it payes the worst. I have been working there for over 2 years and i still make min wage. Luckily for me its 7.80 where i live. Managers dont usually (at least where im from) do thier jobs right. There must be a rule that if your having a bad day and need someone to yell at then you must go threw the drive threw and yell at the kid who's been there for 6 hours with no break. It's a crappy place to work and the owners couldnt care less about the emploies. But its a job and it sure beats working at burger king.

Ontario, Canada

#15 Apr 19, 2007
McD wrote:
Yea, Mc. donalds doesnt pay that good at all, actually it payes the worst. I have been working there for over 2 years and i still make min wage. Luckily for me its 7.80 where i live. Managers dont usually (at least where im from) do thier jobs right. There must be a rule that if your having a bad day and need someone to yell at then you must go threw the drive threw and yell at the kid who's been there for 6 hours with no break. It's a crappy place to work and the owners couldnt care less about the emploies. But its a job and it sure beats working at burger king.
The worst, eh? Worse than those who get $0.05 per day for working 12 hour days? Careful with your words.

As for your managers not doing their job right, that is a problem that will vary from store to store. I know that I'm always sure to put 110% into the store and crew, but yes, just like crew, sometimes managers can forget and make mistakes.

You going six hours without a break should not have happened. You should have asked for some sort of break time, especially considering your laws for breaks and time off.
silentcheese

Brighton, MA

#16 Apr 23, 2007
Unknown27 wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst, eh? Worse than those who get $0.05 per day for working 12 hour days? Careful with your words.
As for your managers not doing their job right, that is a problem that will vary from store to store. I know that I'm always sure to put 110% into the store and crew, but yes, just like crew, sometimes managers can forget and make mistakes.
You going six hours without a break should not have happened. You should have asked for some sort of break time, especially considering your laws for breaks and time off.
if they are only making 5 cents a day then they are obviously mexicans or illegal aliens. most likely some type of foriegn group of people.

Ontario, Canada

#17 Apr 24, 2007
silentcheese wrote:
<quoted text>
if they are only making 5 cents a day then they are obviously mexicans or illegal aliens. most likely some type of foriegn group of people.
I wasn't speaking of those within the United States. There are people in the world who make $0.05 per day...
silentcheese

Brighton, MA

#18 Apr 24, 2007
Unknown27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't speaking of those within the United States. There are people in the world who make $0.05 per day...
who cares about them n e way. the crap they make is what makes it so they dont deserve decent pay. plus all the customers we have to deal with at mcdonalds should give us a good reason to get a raise every six months.
poison

Toronto, Canada

#19 Apr 25, 2007
wow ... "who cares about n e way... they dont deserve decent pay." buddy, your telling me you deserve more of a raise than a person working for a cent a day on some island in a nike factory? your ungrateful man, a lot of people in those countries are they way they are becaue of transnational corporations, slowly infiltrating those markets and setting up monopolies. These TNC's modify the laws, make deals with those governements - so that they can fuck everyone ... if you stepped in those peoples shoes - you wouldnt last a day ... McDonalds is heaven next to that shit

Ontario, Canada

#20 Apr 26, 2007
silentcheese wrote:
<quoted text>
who cares about them n e way. the crap they make is what makes it so they dont deserve decent pay.
That's not true. Many people who make Nike shoes (for example) and paid about $25 per YEAR, and yet one pair of Nike shoes could sell for up to $300.

By your theory they should be $0.10 for a pair of shoes, right?
unknown 36

Canada

#21 May 5, 2007
i have worked at mcd's for five years and earn 8.26. i work hard am a crew trainer and have had my moments that i want to give in and throw in the towel. then i think a job where i can pick my hours my uniform is free and i get my food for 50% off what the hick am i complaining about. my famly still gets the most off me i spent time with them. and we get to call book time off if we need a break. if you don't get any off these great great benifits see your management team they need to change some off their policies . after all the restaurant needs a great team to wprk well and if your employees are not happy their work well show that. on second thought my jobs is not that bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mcdonalds Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how long are breaks for certain hr shifts at mc... (Aug '12) Sun stephanie 10
Mcdonalds cash register cheat sheet? (Jun '09) May 22 Pinta77 175
BSM practise tests May 18 George 3
store operator mcdonalds (Apr '11) May 18 cassandra 20
Got Called By McDonalds, Need to go to Orientat... (Jun '07) May 17 calvin 261
News Braving the family McDonald's May 15 GBP Ghostbuster 5
McDonalds Customer Loyalty May 12 andyncash 1
More from around the web