Got Called By McDonalds, Need to go t...

Got Called By McDonalds, Need to go to Orientation Tomorrow

Posted in the Mcdonalds Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“Whats up!?”

Since: Jun 07

New York City

#1 Jun 13, 2007
Just was wondering what kind of questions they ask you...The girl said to bring my social security card and my working papers, sounds like I might be hired on the spot. So yeah, what do they ask you and whats the process after they hire you?
Mcdonalds Crew Trainer

Hobart, Australia

#2 Jun 13, 2007
Hey, unfortunatley i live on the other side of the world, but most mcdonalds interviews are generic.
You will likley be asked why you want to work there, asked about things you put in your application, asked about yourself things like that.
The social security and working papers would be to make sure your allowed to work, and i doubt they hire peopel onn the spot, i know we dont, but usually you get a reply by email or letter or the way you applied ;)

They hire you, you work in the part of the restaurant that you elect or that they choose for you, where you may be a trainee and then eventually you will become a normal employee...at least that is what we do here..i dont know about america.

Everything is pretty easy at mcdonalds, just wear something remotley respectable, but not too formal, try to sound comfortable and just relax :)
michelle

Albany, NY

#3 Sep 28, 2007
i just got hired on the spot and my interveiwer didn't ask me any of those questions....i gotta go to orientation on tuesday...whats that like???

Since: Mar 07

Ontario, Canada

#4 Sep 29, 2007
The orientation just takes you through the store and shows you the basic stuff (where you'll be working, fire extinguishers, gets you acquainted with the Store Manager, etc.). It will also get your file set up for getting paid.
Cassandra

United States

#5 Oct 6, 2007
michelle wrote:
i just got hired on the spot and my interveiwer didn't ask me any of those questions....i gotta go to orientation on tuesday...whats that like???
I have an orientation on monday.
So what happens at orentation?

Since: Sep 07

UK

#6 Oct 6, 2007
Unknown27 wrote:
The orientation just takes you through the store and shows you the basic stuff (where you'll be working, fire extinguishers, gets you acquainted with the Store Manager, etc.). It will also get your file set up for getting paid.
^^

Cassandra your answer is there.
kaaay

Scarborough, Canada

#7 Nov 19, 2007
hmmm how long will it take the mcdonalds guy to call me back? i got hired on saturday, and he said he would call me back. it's monday, so it's been two days. yeah, i'm pretty impatient but i want to start :)
kaaay

Scarborough, Canada

#8 Nov 19, 2007
(he said he would call back for the orientation.) how long does it take for him to set up all this orientation stuff?!
Sophie

Solihull, UK

#9 May 4, 2008
it took them two weeks to fone me up for an orientation after my interview... im going for my orientation 2day n was asked to take my bank details n uniform sizes so even tho they havent said 'your hired' i assume i have been lol... im scared! ahhh ope it goes ok... alot of other people have been hired aswell tho....

Ontario, Canada

#10 May 4, 2008
kaaay wrote:
hmmm how long will it take the mcdonalds guy to call me back? i got hired on saturday, and he said he would call me back. it's monday, so it's been two days. yeah, i'm pretty impatient but i want to start :)
Standard business etiquette is to allow for five days before calling them back to figure out what's going on.

How long it will take will depend on what the Store Manager needs to get ready and prepared before you come in for your orientation. If he hasn't called you back by Wednesday, call the store to see what they're doing.

Ontario, Canada

#11 May 4, 2008
Sophie wrote:
it took them two weeks to fone me up for an orientation after my interview... im going for my orientation 2day n was asked to take my bank details n uniform sizes so even tho they havent said 'your hired' i assume i have been lol... im scared! ahhh ope it goes ok... alot of other people have been hired aswell tho....
If you're going for an orientation then it means you're hired... they're not going to open the doors and crew-only areas to someone who just "might" be hired.
Randomdude

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jun 26, 2008
Thanks for the info guys!

I came into Mcdonalds actually today and i applied for a job and the store manager told me to come for an orientation TOMORROW!

does that mean hes screwing around with me or is the restaurant really desperate for workers?

Ontario, Canada

#13 Jun 26, 2008
If you're going in for orientation, you've been hired. He'd have to be a pretty risky guy to just "joke" about you coming in for an orientation.
amber

Neenah, WI

#14 Aug 12, 2008
i live in wisconsin, i applyed today and got the job on the spot, i have orientation on thursday. the interview questions were, why i wanted to work there, how i would greet a customer, hours i was availible, my age, volenteering experiences, my skills and what i could contribute, and what departments i could work.
infamoussyn

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Oct 19, 2008
lol i got a orientation tomorrow so wish me luck and hope i dont burn the place down
Andrew

Clovis, NM

#16 Mar 1, 2009
i jus got hired by mcdonalds and all i did at orientation was watch a small clip on health and saftey and shit like that. then they did a small walk through of the kitchen area and then showed me how to work the register
its not hard and once they have called you for orientatio it basicaly means ur hired cuz i went and the next day i was working
Lucy

UK

#17 Mar 22, 2009
I just been hired like 10mins ago by Mcdonalds on the spot jjust walk in and said yes i think you will fit in here that easiy !!!! tip smile alot and dress smart like you mean business that way they know your serieous about wanting to work there!!! i got an orintation in a week *GULP* and i have to wear the uniform :(
Emi

Lancaster, PA

#19 Nov 12, 2009
I just had an interview with Dairy queen yesterday and I have been searching for a job for over a year and it was my 1st time I ever made it to the interview process. The manager went over my app and had me pick out a hat and my shirt size...then told me to come in on saturday to get my working permit signed. Does that mean I was hired? I was going to ask him on the sat but I don't want to sound like a complete idiot. Not to mention he never asked me to bring in my SS card...

Ontario, Canada

#20 Nov 13, 2009
Emi wrote:
I just had an interview with Dairy queen yesterday and I have been searching for a job for over a year and it was my 1st time I ever made it to the interview process. The manager went over my app and had me pick out a hat and my shirt size...then told me to come in on saturday to get my working permit signed. Does that mean I was hired? I was going to ask him on the sat but I don't want to sound like a complete idiot. Not to mention he never asked me to bring in my SS card...
This forum is for McDonald's. Dairy Queen can go die as they are far inferior to the superior class and quality of McDonald's.
keish

Mississauga, Canada

#21 Nov 25, 2009
i went 4 my orientation last week sunday at mcdonalds how long does it take them to call me 2 start working... i'm really starting 2 worry wat happend is this normal. plz some answer me back. thank u

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mcdonalds Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mcdonalds cash register cheat sheet? (Jun '09) Mon Azz 176
News 100 arrested outside of McDonalds HQ in protest... (May '14) Jun 28 Makeit Better 4
Bagel sauce, WTH???? (Sep '07) Jun 25 NerdiBee88 12
Lady Tasty (https://www.facebook.com/LadyTasty) Jun 17 Niekje Dijkhuizen 1
News Former Obama spokesman Gibbs joins McDonald's Jun 12 Le Jimbo 18
Kitchen Open. Jun 8 loubylou93 1
how long are breaks for certain hr shifts at mc... (Aug '12) Jun 6 Liz 12
More from around the web