Computer Program Determination of nea...

Computer Program Determination of nearest Store Locations

Posted in the Mcdonalds Forum

Robert_A_Locke

White Plains, MD

#1 Jan 5, 2012
Your data processing people need to get a better mapping program for nearest store locations that takes into account intervening geographic items, i.e., bodies of water. For example, if you input a location like Mattituck, NY the program lists 2-3 stores in Connecticut like Old Saybrook which is on the other side of Long Island Sound. Unless the customer is a marathon swimmer and has a Gumby suit (cold water protection), I don't think Old Saybrook is really a nearby location. There are other companies who have the same distance computational errors and the ADP people should collectively 'ding' the mappimg software companies to improve the distance calculations.

Since: Mar 07

Ontario, Canada

#2 Jan 7, 2012
Thanks Robert!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mcdonalds Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bagel sauce, WTH???? (Sep '07) Mon Yourallidiots 32
Chances of getting hired b y McDonald's as 18y.o. Sun Kyou 2
I hate working for McDonalds (Jun '06) Feb 25 Khaykhay 509
Early bird got the worm, and I'm not loving it.... Feb 22 lukedavidjohnson 1
News Burger King retires creepy mascot, 'The King' (Aug '11) Feb 14 King Burger Phart 137
dont do it! (Feb '13) Feb 12 Kyou 5
Worse and worse Feb 12 Kyou 3
More from around the web