Posted in the Lowes Companies Forum

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
CaliLove

Grass Valley, CA

#1 Feb 10, 2012
More cuts coming at the corporate level

http://www.journalpatriot.com/news/article_de...
Chris Nolan

Charleston, SC

#2 Feb 11, 2012
Good they could get rid of all of them the company would run a lot smoother.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 11, 2012
Chris Nolan wrote:
Good they could get rid of all of them the company would run a lot smoother.
Unfortunately, these cuts are at the CSC level; the "little guy." You don't think they would trim the actual FAT, do you?
Ju-JuBear

Greeley, CO

#4 Feb 11, 2012
I still think ole Nibby's days are numbered, couple more quarters with dismal results like the past and the Bill Ackmans of the world will be calling for his ouster. I wouldn't mind the whole lot with the exception of maybe Mike Brown, being shown the door. He seems like a go-getter that actually get's things done

Location hidden

#5 Feb 11, 2012
Ju-JuBear wrote:
I still think ole Nibby's days are numbered, couple more quarters with dismal results like the past and the Bill Ackmans of the world will be calling for his ouster. I wouldn't mind the whole lot with the exception of maybe Mike Brown, being shown the door. He seems like a go-getter that actually get's things done
Couldn't agree more.
CaliLove

Grass Valley, CA

#6 Feb 11, 2012
I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. Associates with50% spiff on their checks now have targets on their back!!
montana girl

Johnstown, CO

#7 Feb 11, 2012
What will the call be about on Monday morning?
corporate cat

United States

#8 Feb 11, 2012
Mondays call will be about department managers..
CaliLove

Grass Valley, CA

#9 Feb 11, 2012
What about department managers??
corporate cat

United States

#10 Feb 11, 2012
Department managers will be on salary beginning in 2 weeks.with a 3% raise,minimum 50 hour weeks.
Chris Nolan

Charleston, SC

#11 Feb 11, 2012
look forward to at least 70 hours per week.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#12 Feb 11, 2012
corporate cat wrote:
Department managers will be on salary beginning in 2 weeks.with a 3% raise,minimum 50 hour weeks.
This will be a positive for some of us underlings whose Dept. Manager is a sluff off-creating their own hours, walking around BSing while having us do their work and other unproductive activities because they do not know how to manage.

They need more accountability and training. I really do not know how some got to be a dept manager except it was for years of service.
special

Bryan, TX

#13 Feb 11, 2012
so that means dept managers will be on the %300 SSEI payout instead of $1,200?
TX king

Fort Worth, TX

#14 Feb 11, 2012
Thanks for putting us department managers down! Some of us actually word hard everyday, and earn our paychecks! What little bit we get anyways! As for assistant managers, I've done that job before and it's not hard. Corporate really needs to start looking for and hiring store managers that actually care about their stores and associates. Not ones that only care about bonus time.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#15 Feb 11, 2012
special wrote:
so that means dept managers will be on the %300 SSEI payout instead of $1,200?
That also would be great. Why they make 4 times what a CSA makes is not understandable. Some don't do 4 times the work-Remember we are going from a "me" to a "we", therefore, "we" should all get the same bonus because "we win as a team and we fail as a team".
TX king

Fort Worth, TX

#16 Feb 11, 2012
Looks like once again, dept managers get the shaft. Make us work harder and longer to make everybody else's job easier! Watch the company's turn over rate sky rocket!
dookieshoe

Austin, TX

#17 Feb 11, 2012
TX king wrote:
Looks like once again, dept managers get the shaft. Make us work harder and longer to make everybody else's job easier! Watch the company's turn over rate sky rocket!
Or...maybe...it is to see who is promotable.

Are you a 30 percenter?
MayDay MayDay

Mantua, OH

#18 Feb 11, 2012
From Article:

“If the VSP does not produce sufficient reductions, management will have the discretion to implement an involuntary reduction in force as needed,”...

What does this mean?

Location hidden

#19 Feb 11, 2012
MayDay MayDay wrote:
From Article:

“If the VSP does not produce sufficient reductions, management will have the discretion to implement an involuntary reduction in force as needed,”...

What does this mean?
It means termination. Just ask the 1700 that got "involuntarily" termed January 25, 2011.
Anonymous

Mantua, OH

#20 Feb 11, 2012
"It means termination" only in NC, right? Meaning cooperate, not store level, yeah? Curious about context, thats all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Race for the cup (Aug '13) 17 hr Suck it up buttercup 25
lowes raises (Mar '14) Sun Really 35
All store meeting August 28, 2016 ? Sun joema 8
Lowes pilot program in east coast to eliminate ... (Oct '15) Sun Dim Dam Damron 1,396
New Overtime Rules Sun Dim Dam Damron 20
Niblick The Tranny Sun Nibby The Girl 5
you losers Aug 27 NIBLOCK 1
More from around the web