When do we find out what our raises are?

When do we find out what our raises are?

Posted in the Lowes Companies Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Raise Time

Boston, MA

#1 Feb 27, 2013
Just wondering if anyone knows when we find out what our raises are?
Also, anyone know if they're going to be be the standard 0-5%?
Raise Time

Boston, MA

#2 Feb 27, 2013
Relating to DMs raises I mean.
lobotomyaisle4

Middletown, DE

#3 Feb 27, 2013
id say you'd be lucky to get 10 cents.
Blubber mouth

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Feb 27, 2013
I'd say I agree. 10 cents maximum, and maybe a ball cap or a key chain or something....

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 27, 2013
maybe something left over from Lowes cup or a pen from a vendor. Yippee!!!
Thatguy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6 Feb 28, 2013
Its normally mid march for us.
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDD

Lakewood, OH

#7 Feb 28, 2013
Store managers get the spread sheet next week. They have until the 15th to finalize the numbers and you should see your new rate on the first paycheck in April. Easiest way to figure this out is look at last years pay stubs...two weeks before the higher paycheck was when you found out last year.
Raise Time

Broad Brook, CT

#8 Feb 28, 2013
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD wrote:
Store managers get the spread sheet next week. They have until the 15th to finalize the numbers and you should see your new rate on the first paycheck in April. Easiest way to figure this out is look at last years pay stubs...two weeks before the higher paycheck was when you found out last year.
So who determines what % your raise is, district or your store manager?
Bored

Norwalk, OH

#9 Feb 28, 2013
My store manager told me before the NSM that raises would be reflected in our March 22 paycheck. As far as the amount, he wasn't sure.

Location hidden

#10 Feb 28, 2013
any bets? 1-3%. Hardly helps when the cost of living goes up double digits each year. Gas-almost $1 more than 3 months ago.

Before all you managers making $50+K per year tell me I should be grateful for 1-2% let me remind you-1% of $10/hour is a lot less than 1% of $50,000 ($25/hour).
BigHead

Bluefield, VA

#11 Feb 28, 2013
Whatever pathetic raise your receive… take a little pleasure in knowing that it really, really pains Lowe’s to give you anything!

Remember, in their eyes, you are the problem. While corporate tries to hide their disdain for store employees, they privately blame all their failures directly on the store staff.

“all in” Mr. Nib…“all in”
partofthesolutio n

Medford, NJ

#12 Feb 28, 2013
Pedro Rodriquez wrote:
any bets? 1-3%. Hardly helps when the cost of living goes up double digits each year. Gas-almost $1 more than 3 months ago.
Before all you managers making $50+K per year tell me I should be grateful for 1-2% let me remind you-1% of $10/hour is a lot less than 1% of $50,000 ($25/hour).
The average median pay raise across the country is expected to be about 3%, which is up from last year, but stingy. Do you expect Lowe's to come in higher than that?
And if a manager complains alongside you that they're not happy about a 1 or 2% raise is it ok?
Just curious...
yeah me

Bryan, TX

#13 Feb 28, 2013
1%. Got the call today from HR.
Thatguy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 Feb 28, 2013
If a manager argues along with you over your raise then they dont know any better. It has been the same in my store ever since i can remember. Ranking does not matter. PDP does not matter. Performance in really any aspect does not matter. We all get the same shitty raise, blanket acrossed the board. So the guy who ran a terrible department with the worst overall performance receives the same raise. It is mostly bullshit.

Location hidden

#15 Feb 28, 2013
partofthesolution wrote:
<quoted text>
The average median pay raise across the country is expected to be about 3%, which is up from last year, but stingy. Do you expect Lowe's to come in higher than that?
And if a manager complains alongside you that they're not happy about a 1 or 2% raise is it ok?
Just curious...
I will answer you with a question-"Do managers care that we make enough money to qualify for low income subsidies?" I have made $75,000.$50,000 and $40,000 and would be tickled pink to make $50,000 again. What I do know though is that most of us spend more than we take in--kind of like the govt.

So, no, I would not feel sorry for them if they are making $50,000 and complain, let them step into the shoes of those making $10 an hour and they will not complain about making $50,000.
Raise Time

Somerville, MA

#16 Feb 28, 2013
yeah me wrote:
1%. Got the call today from HR.
My raise has never been below 3.5%. Lets see if that changes this year
Raise Time

Somerville, MA

#17 Feb 28, 2013
Thatguy wrote:
If a manager argues along with you over your raise then they dont know any better. It has been the same in my store ever since i can remember. Ranking does not matter. PDP does not matter. Performance in really any aspect does not matter. We all get the same shitty raise, blanket acrossed the board. So the guy who ran a terrible department with the worst overall performance receives the same raise. It is mostly bullshit.
Not true. Raises always differ. Some DMs get 1% and some get 4%
Think About It

Hazleton, PA

#18 Mar 1, 2013
I just heard what the raise will be, everyone is going to get a pair of Dr. Scholls shoe lifts with the odor eater upgrade.

Associates will get the delux standard 1/4 in.lift, and the managers will get the SOS 1/2 in.lift. Please forward your shoe size and employee number to HR in Connections ASAP (LOL)
Thatguy

United States

#19 Mar 1, 2013
Raise Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. Raises always differ. Some DMs get 1% and some get 4%
We have all averaged a 2%. We have gathered and discussed it on several occasions.
partofthesolutio n

Medford, NJ

#20 Mar 1, 2013
Pedro Rodriquez wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer you with a question-"Do managers care that we make enough money to qualify for low income subsidies?" I have made $75,000.$50,000 and $40,000 and would be tickled pink to make $50,000 again. What I do know though is that most of us spend more than we take in--kind of like the govt.
So, no, I would not feel sorry for them if they are making $50,000 and complain, let them step into the shoes of those making $10 an hour and they will not complain about making $50,000.
The associates in my store, except a few first job cashiers, all make more than $10.00/hr. Those 50k managers accepted their position at a given rate just like every associate in the building. I'd like to make 50k a year, but don't want to put in those hours. Now, if the national average for raises is expected to be 3%, anyone who works hard and doesn't land in the ballpark of that deserves the right to complain, regardless of what the amount is a % of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Central Production Office Aug 31 lowes96 1
Paycut Rules? Aug 31 lowes96 1
psi program (Dec '11) Aug 29 Rhaus22 66
Installs call1 wording Aug 26 Confused 1
Living Wage Lowe's Employees Aug 26 Cash is King 2
an hr manager at lowes....just say no!! (Apr '13) Aug 25 lowes96 76
I dislike working @ Lowes ( the bad stuff) (Jul '12) Aug 23 Lio 26
More from around the web