Lowes bigtime layoffs full time emplo...
cazman

United States

#547 Feb 7, 2011
That's good to hear. I was one of the lucky ones. I just had a child born the Monday prior and had to come in that Tues during my time off. Scared does not begin to describe the way I felt. Especially because I had just been promoted to Sales Mgr and was in that store/region a meer 2 weeks. Two of our Zones were let go so the feeling of releif was bitter sweet.
cazman

United States

#548 Feb 7, 2011
Nessun Dorma wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week's ops talk indicated that we had come to the end of the upheaval,(my words), although their definition of change may differ from my own.
Nessun Dorma...fitting for this post and experience.
lowesb

Hartsville, SC

#549 Feb 8, 2011
Lowes Blows !!!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#550 Feb 8, 2011
cazman wrote:
<quoted text>Nessun Dorma...fitting for this post and experience.
Indeed. "None can sleep".
Laid Off

Clifton Park, NY

#552 Feb 9, 2011
Nessun Dorma wrote:
<quoted text>
Your wage information is incorrect. I made no reference to the DM; I am absolutely certain that he/she had a great deal to say about who was "impacted" although they will deny it. The "succession" meeting - your words - was nothing more than a witch hunt. I think you know more than you let on, Steve. Many of the decisions were contraindicated by the info we, as store managers, provided.
What was exactly discussed in that fateful meeting? I had heard that you had to answer 5 specific questions on each member of senior management, if so what were they? Did you have to bring their personnel files with you, I heard that was done too?
Steve

Grand Rapids, MI

#553 Feb 9, 2011
Hey Nessie,

Since the responsibilities of the ASM have gone up,
did the ASM pay range go up or stay the same as the zone?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#554 Feb 9, 2011
Steve wrote:
Hey Nessie,

Since the responsibilities of the ASM have gone up,
did the ASM pay range go up or stay the same as the zone?
There are new pay grades. The ops, as long as he/she wasn't above the max, stayed where they were although there were some ops that took pay cuts. The zones, for the most part, stayed the same although they did get a 2.5% "raise" to offset the change in bonus structure. The ops was not treated so nicely. No buyout. Store managers got a 7.5% buyout. Everyone is still eligible for performance increases based on PDP results but I don't look for any great windfall.
Steve

Grand Rapids, MI

#555 Feb 9, 2011
Why everyone but the OP's ?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#556 Feb 9, 2011
Steve wrote:
Why everyone but the OP's ?
Ops already making significantly more money than a zone.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#557 Feb 9, 2011
Laid Off wrote:
<quoted text>What was exactly discussed in that fateful meeting? I had heard that you had to answer 5 specific questions on each member of senior management, if so what were they? Did you have to bring their personnel files with you, I heard that was done too?
The 5 questions were: has this person taken any sick time or FMLA. Does this person have documentation in their file? Has this person asked for or received an accommodation of any kind. Has this person had any ethics points or complaints about them? Is this person a member of a protected class. I did not bring any personnel files. We were asked to bring copies of any performance reports. I didn't have any to bring. I raised mortal HELL over these questions. Basically said that if that information was relative, the powers that be would already have it.
Laid Off

Clifton Park, NY

#558 Feb 9, 2011
Nessun Dorma wrote:
<quoted text>
The 5 questions were: has this person taken any sick time or FMLA. Does this person have documentation in their file? Has this person asked for or received an accommodation of any kind. Has this person had any ethics points or complaints about them? Is this person a member of a protected class. I did not bring any personnel files. We were asked to bring copies of any performance reports. I didn't have any to bring. I raised mortal HELL over these questions. Basically said that if that information was relative, the powers that be would already have it.
Thank you for your honesty..... believe me everyone never thought that I would be the one who got the axe. It is what it is and the biggest insult was that I was just asked to apply (Zone 1) in the very store I was laid off from. For a position that was open the very day that I was let go. The only catch is that I would have to take a significant pay cut to come back and lose everything that I worked so hard for in the past.

I declined due to the fact that the stores are in such a confused transition where everyone doesn't know what their new position entails. I can see coming in as a Zone 1 and being asked to "help" with the Admin/Ops positions..... with a $15,000 pay cut.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#559 Feb 9, 2011
Laid Off wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your honesty..... believe me everyone never thought that I would be the one who got the axe. It is what it is and the biggest insult was that I was just asked to apply (Zone 1) in the very store I was laid off from. For a position that was open the very day that I was let go. The only catch is that I would have to take a significant pay cut to come back and lose everything that I worked so hard for in the past.

I declined due to the fact that the stores are in such a confused transition where everyone doesn't know what their new position entails. I can see coming in as a Zone 1 and being asked to "help" with the Admin/Ops positions..... with a $15,000 pay cut.
Run. Do not look back. Run to your new future.
lowes ops(ASM)wife

Olive Branch, MS

#560 Feb 9, 2011
Nessun Dorma wrote:
<quoted text>There are new pay grades. The ops, as long as he/she wasn't above the max, stayed where they were although there were some ops that took pay cuts. The zones, for the most part, stayed the same although they did get a 2.5% "raise" to offset the change in bonus structure. The ops was not treated so nicely. No buyout. Store managers got a 7.5% buyout. Everyone is still eligible for performance increases based on PDP results but I don't look for any great windfall.
Sounds like discrimination to the "used to be ops" why did they not get a bonus buy out if the zones and store managers did? Does that mean the store managers lost 7.5% of their bonus? If not what %? My husband was "capped out" as ops & took a 10.7% salary cut AND lost 10% of his bonus! Now he is "capped out"as ASM! The ops worked hard to get to that position,obviously they deserved to be there or they wouldn't be there! They are the ONLY ones that really got screwed! Im talking about the ones that kept their jobs,I hate it for those that got let go,so sad!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#561 Feb 9, 2011
[QUOTE who="lowes ops(ASM)wife"]<quoted text>Sounds like discrimination to the "used to be ops" why did they not get a bonus buy out if the zones and store managers did? Does that mean the store managers lost 7.5% of their bonus? If not what %? My husband was "capped out" as ops & took a 10.7% salary cut AND lost 10% of his bonus! Now he is "capped out"as ASM! The ops worked hard to get to that position,obviously they deserved to be there or they wouldn't be there! They are the ONLY ones that really got screwed! Im talking about the ones that kept their jobs,I hate it for those that got let go,so sad![/QUOTE]
Store manager bonus will drop to a max of 70% for 2011 and that is at 105% top line and NBT. My ops was my right hand.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#562 Feb 9, 2011
70% of what? His annual salary? Makes my ssei bonus look like pennies.
lowes ops(ASM)wife

Olive Branch, MS

#563 Feb 9, 2011
Nessun Dorma wrote:
[QUOTE who="lowes ops(ASM)wife"]<quoted text>Sounds like discrimination to the "used to be ops" why did they not get a bonus buy out if the zones and store managers did? Does that mean the store managers lost 7.5% of their bonus? If not what %? My husband was "capped out" as ops & took a 10.7% salary cut AND lost 10% of his bonus! Now he is "capped out"as ASM! The ops worked hard to get to that position,obviously they deserved to be there or they wouldn't be there! They are the ONLY ones that really got screwed! Im talking about the ones that kept their jobs,I hate it for those that got let go,so sad!"

Store manager bonus will drop to a max of 70% for 2011 and that is at 105% top line and NBT. My ops was my right hand.

Thanks,what is store managers 100/100 for sales & NBT? Im just happy we still get bonus :-) it could be worse.
lowes ops(ASM)wife

Olive Branch, MS

#564 Feb 9, 2011
Nessun Dorma wrote:
[QUOTE who="lowes ops(ASM)wife"]<quoted text>Sounds like discrimination to the "used to be ops" why did they not get a bonus buy out if the zones and store managers did? Does that mean the store managers lost 7.5% of their bonus? If not what %? My husband was "capped out" as ops & took a 10.7% salary cut AND lost 10% of his bonus! Now he is "capped out"as ASM! The ops worked hard to get to that position,obviously they deserved to be there or they wouldn't be there! They are the ONLY ones that really got screwed! Im talking about the ones that kept their jobs,I hate it for those that got let go,so sad!"

Store manager bonus will drop to a max of 70% for 2011 and that is at 105% top line and NBT. My ops was my right hand.

I agree that seniority should = more bonus. I don't agree w/taking away seniority that people have worked hard to get & taking bonus w/o buyout,just doesn't seem fair not to treat everyone the same in a situation like that. Thank u for your comments. Hopefully all these changes will somehow eventually be a "good thing" for everyone.
7 years gone

Marietta, OH

#565 Feb 9, 2011
Nessun Dorma wrote:
<quoted text>
That information is false insofar as being in the severance package. There is no reference whatsoever to age.
YES there was a page in mine listing that 90% of those let go were above the 38 year old mark
Survivor

South San Francisco, CA

#566 Feb 9, 2011
7 years gone wrote:
<quoted text>YES there was a page in mine listing that 90% of those let go were above the 38 year old mark
those over 40+ did receive an extra page in their severence pkg which discloses the age of every single salaried manager let go within their district with the store number. No names disclosed.
7 years gone

Marietta, OH

#567 Feb 9, 2011
LowesMgr2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The cuts were based on performance and performance ONLY....Those who were cut need to look in the mirror....You had issues
Your a corp bastard none of the cuts to the 3 stores in my area was the poor performers in fact 2 kept at my store are constant call offs and pooooooooooor managers!!!!!!!!!!1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heard a new rumor 2 min We the people 23
Next Round of Changes 8 min Customer Mary 294
Improve morale by tooting on Mexicans 1 hr turdtosser 72
Specialist new roles...SMFH 2 hr Lowes Rocks 8
Market Director is a Fraud!!!! 3 hr Blowes 46
Lowes dress code update (Jun '14) 4 hr Hootus 49
News Lowe's names Michael Jones chief customer officer (Mar '14) 5 hr Hootus 14
How many Service support managers are stepping ... 5 hr HoosierMoto 40
Secret meetings in April 2017 5 hr Code 50 to Asm of... 35
More from around the web