Lowes random drug test
Lowes Delivery drug test

Hazleton, PA

#1 Apr 19, 2011
I dont smoke or drink, but i was told if i wanted to become a delivery driver i would be subjected to random drug testing. This would be so annoying. How true is this?? Does anyone know?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2 Apr 20, 2011
The testing is very costly, I have never had to administer a random drug test during my tenure. I also was not aware of any random tests performed on my delivery drivers either. You will have to take a drug test every time you have an accident on power equipment or the delivery vehicle. The testing will also take place when you are involved in some sort of property damage that exceeds xxxxx amount of dollars. Lowe's is very strict when it comes to the delivery operations.....
LeadH20Wreck

Orlando, FL

#3 Apr 26, 2011
ZOSA-No-More wrote:
The testing is very costly, I have never had to administer a random drug test during my tenure. I also was not aware of any random tests performed on my delivery drivers either. You will have to take a drug test every time you have an accident on power equipment or the delivery vehicle. The testing will also take place when you are involved in some sort of property damage that exceeds xxxxx amount of dollars. Lowe's is very strict when it comes to the delivery operations.....
Hope they don't test anyone in my store! Half the store is on something!!
In a perfect world

United States

#4 Apr 27, 2011
Delivery drivers are subject to a different set of rules. They have random test administered by a lab in accordance with your states Dept. of Transportation. You are required to be tested or you loose your license.
jang jong

Jordan

#5 Aug 28, 2011
any person that has a cdl license is subject to random drug tests. that is in every state. I have a cdl license. I dont get tested unless I'm working and driving for a company. as long as you are not listed as a driver for the company, you will not be random tested.
Mark Powell

Mount Gilead, OH

#6 Aug 29, 2011
Lowes Delivery drug test wrote:
I dont smoke or drink, but i was told if i wanted to become a delivery driver i would be subjected to random drug testing. This would be so annoying. How true is this?? Does anyone know?
You will be tested by DOT laws
In a perfect world

Allegan, MI

#7 Aug 29, 2011
Unless your a driver , or incredibly stupid, you have nothing to worry about. But here's a thought, Just stay away from drugs !
hank13

Gustine, CA

#8 Jun 24, 2013
If an employee applies for a job within the company, will they have to take another drug test?
hank13

Gustine, CA

#9 Jun 24, 2013
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
DMxMD

United States

#10 Jun 24, 2013
Not unless you are moving to a DOT registered driver position or a high level position.
hank13

Gustine, CA

#11 Jun 24, 2013
DMxMD wrote:
Not unless you are moving to a DOT registered driver position or a high level position.
how do you know this
idiot hank

Mooresville, NC

#12 Jun 24, 2013
Stop doing drugs.... and driving. Is anyone hacking into this guys account to see who the hell he is? Are we kidding here? Are drugs SO important you are crying for help? Loser.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#13 Jun 25, 2013
What do you mean by "another" drug test?

Legalities aside for the moment I would say that an employer can test for drugs. What ones can be debated but generally I would assume that in this day and age that most employees are tested for drugs.

If you don't like it then don't use the drugs. I know that after an accident it is widely assumed that they test that person for drugs.

At my old store they hired someone that came out of a half way house. Apparently she was in some bad accident and hurt her back resulting in being addicted to pain medications. I'm all for giving people a second chance but she could not physically stand for more than 10 minutes! She was let go after about a month.
el rourko

Denver, CO

#14 Nov 10, 2013
is it an oral swab or an off site pee test???
el rourko

Denver, CO

#15 Nov 10, 2013
do they use pee test or oral swabs??
get a life

Mooresville, NC

#16 Nov 13, 2013
nedm wrote:
What do you mean by "another" drug test?
Legalities aside for the moment I would say that an employer can test for drugs. What ones can be debated but generally I would assume that in this day and age that most employees are tested for drugs.
If you don't like it then don't use the drugs. I know that after an accident it is widely assumed that they test that person for drugs.
At my old store they hired someone that came out of a half way house. Apparently she was in some bad accident and hurt her back resulting in being addicted to pain medications. I'm all for giving people a second chance but she could not physically stand for more than 10 minutes! She was let go after about a month.
There sure were a lot of employees at 'your old store'. seems like there was one for just about all of your stupid comments that some how have relevance.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#17 Nov 13, 2013
do you always reply to four month old comments?

Did it take that long to read that and think about what you would write?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowes pilot program in east coast to eliminate ... (Oct '15) 3 hr Lean Gus 1,193
Bye bye install sales associates??? 5 hr brittany0918 26
an hr manager at lowes....just say no!! (Apr '13) Jun 19 nedm 85
dlpm 40 hours and 40 hours with 8 hours ot Jun 18 Yeah Right 3
my daddy says===== Jun 16 Totes 2
Lowes dress code update (Jun '14) Jun 12 Meowmeow 36
a dog took a dump in my store today Jun 12 Kenny 4
More from around the web