Good day! Glad to be gone!
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cult of personality

United States

#1 Nov 14, 2012
I finally decided enough was enough. I have moved on to greener pastures. DMDX You may lead by example, but my stores management team keeps the sm in the dark. We have an ASM that is bitter and vindictive. The other three just keep their heads down! The shortage off staff didn't bother me much because I just did my job. To you sir please dont defend a store that you have never worked in. The world is full of petty people and I know for a fact that many work in our store and two in the ASM ranks. I will not tolerate their sorry attitude bor their holier than thou attitude.
The vindictive ASM made a comment alluding to the fact that he had first hand knowledge that I had been turned down for a car loan. I then went to the register infront of him and several other associates and informed them I would be paying off my LCC and cashing out my LAR. The. Head cashiers eyes fell out when I handed her an Amex Black and I quietly informed said ASM a carloan was no issue. That the 22k check that I had just opened an LAR was still in the cash room would be going to Home Depot. I tendered my 2 weeks at just that moment.
All is not good in Lowes land. All because a petty individual needed to step on someone he knows nothing about to feel better about his pathetic life.
Nobodu cares that you wear 260 dollar shoes and a button down to throw freight. I have Italian calf skin captoes in my closet that run about 1,600.00 Euros a pair.
Material goods don't matter!
This ASM is destined to find out that his 2001 hyundai has no material value compared to a 1968 Yanko Camaro which I will be driving to work today on my last day! No respect for Lowe's anymore!!!!
over compensating

Schnecksville, PA

#2 Nov 14, 2012
cult of personality wrote:
I finally decided enough was enough. I have moved on to greener pastures. DMDX You may lead by example, but my stores management team keeps the sm in the dark. We have an ASM that is bitter and vindictive. The other three just keep their heads down! The shortage off staff didn't bother me much because I just did my job. To you sir please dont defend a store that you have never worked in. The world is full of petty people and I know for a fact that many work in our store and two in the ASM ranks. I will not tolerate their sorry attitude bor their holier than thou attitude.
The vindictive ASM made a comment alluding to the fact that he had first hand knowledge that I had been turned down for a car loan. I then went to the register infront of him and several other associates and informed them I would be paying off my LCC and cashing out my LAR. The. Head cashiers eyes fell out when I handed her an Amex Black and I quietly informed said ASM a carloan was no issue. That the 22k check that I had just opened an LAR was still in the cash room would be going to Home Depot. I tendered my 2 weeks at just that moment.
All is not good in Lowes land. All because a petty individual needed to step on someone he knows nothing about to feel better about his pathetic life.
Nobodu cares that you wear 260 dollar shoes and a button down to throw freight. I have Italian calf skin captoes in my closet that run about 1,600.00 Euros a pair.
Material goods don't matter!
This ASM is destined to find out that his 2001 hyundai has no material value compared to a 1968 Yanko Camaro which I will be driving to work today on my last day! No respect for Lowe's anymore!!!!
Between you and DMxMD bragging about your shoes and cars ....

Are you both compensating for your height and/or penis size? What gives?
what personality

Mooresville, NC

#3 Nov 14, 2012
Anyone who has to brag HERE on Topix is, quite frankly, a loser. Move on and keep it to yourself, you are right, we don't care.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#4 Nov 14, 2012
I think the Hyandai has better mpg than the camaro. Nothing wrong with driving old sporty cars. Heck I saw a Avanti a few weeks ago. But for transportation it frankly is the same as taking the bus.

Besides to keep up the value you have to totally assure that everything is kept up and not customized.
cult of personality

United States

#5 Nov 14, 2012
No bragging, just pure fact brother! No need for compensation either. Just glad to be gone from Lowe's.
Icing on the cake is that the ASM now gets to explain himself to the Regional HR. 6 other associates have now followed suit and resigned. When you have a poor management team it really shows. Regardless you guys have fun! Im off to load my boat and fish the remainder of the holiday season!!! No Lowe's to worry with! You guys just keep on keeping on, I feel for the ones that have no other option.

Nedm

Yes its fully stock, not one customization! Only the second owner, never had a resto! Ive had her for 23 years and she has never spent a night in the weather.

Good Bye Lowe's land! Cashin out while the times right!
Big Pharma Alvarez

Schnecksville, PA

#6 Nov 14, 2012
cult of personality wrote:
No bragging, just pure fact brother! No need for compensation either. Just glad to be gone from Lowe's.
Icing on the cake is that the ASM now gets to explain himself to the Regional HR. 6 other associates have now followed suit and resigned. When you have a poor management team it really shows. Regardless you guys have fun! Im off to load my boat and fish the remainder of the holiday season!!! No Lowe's to worry with! You guys just keep on keeping on, I feel for the ones that have no other option.
Nedm
Yes its fully stock, not one customization! Only the second owner, never had a resto! Ive had her for 23 years and she has never spent a night in the weather.
Good Bye Lowe's land! Cashin out while the times right!
Rite Aid called, your viagra is ready for pick up.
Slim Pickens

Homestead, PA

#7 Nov 14, 2012
1600 Euro shoes, 2001 Hyundai, 1968 yanko Camaro, Viagra. Shoot... a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.
what personality

Mooresville, NC

#9 Nov 14, 2012
Hey, I'm not your F*****G brother ... no one cares that you or any of your co-workers are gone. No one.
Larry

Rochester, MI

#10 Nov 14, 2012
Good luck, cult of personality. the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.

www.lowesemployees.com
Luck of the draw

Cape Coral, FL

#11 Nov 14, 2012
what personality wrote:
Hey, I'm not your F*****G brother ... no one cares that you or any of your co-workers are gone. No one.
You're a real winner, I mean wiener. You guys are a real trip. The guy is being sarcastic. You are such morons that you cant comprehend that. Now I see why Lowe's has so many websites that just beat them down. What a boring life you must lead.
DMxMD

Haslet, TX

#12 Nov 14, 2012
Wow. What a bunch of disfunctional losers. Other than being off topic a lot, I'm starting to think NEDM is one of the normal ones.
not bob in whitehall

Schnecksville, PA

#13 Nov 14, 2012
DMxMD wrote:
Wow. What a bunch of disfunctional losers. Other than being off topic a lot, I'm starting to think NEDM is one of the normal ones.
put on your $260 dancing shoes and dance right out the door.
Pathetic

Mooresville, NC

#14 Nov 15, 2012
DMxMD wrote:
Wow. What a bunch of disfunctional losers. Other than being off topic a lot, I'm starting to think NEDM is one of the normal ones.
nedm 'normal' that's insnity he's a looney toon. "disfunctional losers" might true in part but I'm gonna say 90% of post are from whiney little magots nedm included. Rarely is there anything positive on here.
what personality

Mooresville, NC

#15 Nov 15, 2012
Dear DMxMD ...
WE are losers? You post the most idiotic bullshit I have ever read. Really, are you kidding. We are the sane ones busting your chops, glad you fell in the trap.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#16 Nov 15, 2012
No I'm no loon sorry. We can debate policies but I don't advocate for anything dramatic. Whiney? Nope. I would like to see lowes change because it effects much of the labor market where I am so that's why I keep an eye on it just as I do with other organizations. Think about it this way. If you are the mayor of Orlando Florida don't you think it might be a good idea to keep abreast of what happens at Disney?
Bird

Westland, MI

#17 Nov 15, 2012
"Rarely is there anything positive on here."

So, then, either quite a high percentage of Lowe's workers are whiny little maggots, as you put it, or, things really aren't going all that great at Lowe's. I can remember a time when I heard hardly a sould complain, now, it's like the morale on a sinking pirate ship.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#18 Nov 15, 2012
nedm wrote:
No I'm no loon sorry. We can debate policies but I don't advocate for anything dramatic. Whiney? Nope. I would like to see lowes change because it effects much of the labor market where I am so that's why I keep an eye on it just as I do with other organizations. Think about it this way. If you are the mayor of Orlando Florida don't you think it might be a good idea to keep abreast of what happens at Disney?
If I did not "complain" and offer suggestions I would not care. There are lots of good people who are affected by Lowes policies and procedures-good and bad. If Lowes goes belly up the hourly folks like me and others on this thread will be negatively affected-not the corporate folks in the ivory towers. They will float away on their golden parachutes never suffering a thing. Their decisions positively or negatively affect us employees more than the customer.

You want to improve-LISTEN to your employees-they decide if Lowes has an open door policy or if things are going well in the store.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#19 Nov 15, 2012
Oh,and if I did not care, I would go to work, stand around, brown nose with the bosses so I could stand around some more, take long breaks, hide, do as little as possible and not say squat--I'd smile, say the right things and kiss up to the captain.
have to admit

Mooresville, NC

#20 Nov 15, 2012
Bird wrote:
"Rarely is there anything positive on here."
So, then, either quite a high percentage of Lowe's workers are whiny little maggots, as you put it, or, things really aren't going all that great at Lowe's. I can remember a time when I heard hardly a sould complain, now, it's like the morale on a sinking pirate ship.
So maybe I was a bit harsh with the "maggots" and I agree working @ Lowes isn't what it use to be 12 yrs ago when I started. Morale seems to cycle high to low but whining about it doesn't make it any better.
half a point

Mooresville, NC

#21 Nov 15, 2012
nedm wrote:
No I'm no loon sorry. We can debate policies but I don't advocate for anything dramatic. Whiney? Nope. I would like to see lowes change because it effects much of the labor market where I am so that's why I keep an eye on it just as I do with other organizations. Think about it this way. If you are the mayor of Orlando Florida don't you think it might be a good idea to keep abreast of what happens at Disney?
Good analogy, however you still never offer anything constructive. As you say are a stock holder as am I, it seems like your interest would be better served trying to build rather than consistently trashing everything. Your constant degradation of of just about everything associated with Lowes is not only annoying it shows your ignorance. I'm not saying you're stupid but you are ignorant. Try putting a positive spin on things for once

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowes dress code update (Jun '14) 1 hr Dereck 37
Lowes pilot program in east coast to eliminate ... (Oct '15) 1 hr no truth for u 1,308
RTM Position going away? 9 hr WhatsTheTruth 22
Flying bugs in yard that burrow holes (Apr '12) 17 hr Babz 9
Dept managers down sized to service managers Thu Lowes Employee 23
Mgt. Eavesdrops on employees? Wed Doof 8
Lowes Management receives rings (Jun '11) Jul 26 Blowes 92
More from around the web