In for the long hall, lets work toget...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
realistassociate

Anniston, AL

#23 May 31, 2012
NewBee wrote:
So how do you all feel about the race training?
I see a lot of good information in it but i am not being able to soak it in due to the fact that I need to hurry to get 5 done with someone standing over my shoulder shouting out answers like we are playnig chareds,I really would like to take advantage of the information it provides.
The Race for the cup....or Survival is only a numbers game. The only interest is for the LP Manager not to be behind another store. There is no real gain from this. A JOKE. Bless your heart(that's a southern thing.) Stay positive though.
NewBee

Van Alstyne, TX

#24 May 31, 2012
nedm wrote:
Um newbee I didn't state anything insulting. Some stores are busy and some are dead that's just the way the market is. If you want to be a sm in six to twelve months there has to be an opening and you have to pass smtp. I had a zm once that told me he planned for this in two years and six years later he still isn't. I've seen some sm's stay in and just last forever while some don't even last a year. If you have retail experience that can help you last, if you are a total newbie then not so much. So why would you want to be a sm ?
@matrix what contract is it that you are referring to? Could you provide a link?
28 years retail building products sales/15 years of it in store and inventory managment.

20+ years until retirement and want more and enjoy the work as for managment it is the position that pay enough for the life style I like living when A am not working.
NewBee

Van Alstyne, TX

#25 Jun 1, 2012
If genesis is going away in august and we are going to using support crews at night, would we not need to be training for the changes now?
NewBee

Van Alstyne, TX

#26 Jun 1, 2012
realistassociate wrote:
@ NewBee... I was once the same associate that you are. There are TONS of ideas "we" have but will never be implemented. I have come to the concLusion to accept it. We work for a Corporation...not Mom and Pop. I have accepted that I will do whatever I'm told. Always do your best to provide customer service. But NOTHING you say will matter...
I understand your thinking,but I am almost 50 and have had a positive attitude all of my life and it has always paid off, give your best and expect to get the best and you will have the best of life, life is what you think it is (Read The Secret)
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#27 Jun 1, 2012
"If genesis is going away in august and we are going to using support crews at night, would we not need to be training for the changes now?"

Maybe the training is in early august and changes in late. I can see why this was chosen. It slows in august and is before labor day. In a sense this might provide some opportunity for others. If someone is able to do overnights and only overnights then this will work. It gives a fixed schedule for them so it is more predictable.
Thatoneguy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#28 Jun 1, 2012
Test stores are august. Everyone will be by Q1 2013.
NewBee

Van Alstyne, TX

#29 Jun 1, 2012
Thatoneguy wrote:
Test stores are august. Everyone will be by Q1 2013.
have you heard what store #'s will be test stores?
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#30 Jun 1, 2012
Test for both or test for one?
Thatoneguy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#31 Jun 1, 2012
I am a test store. We will be operating on both systems come august. We are supposed to have a laptop sent in to the store with only the new program on it for training purposes. There is no way you could throw this thing in to stores without beta testing.
Peter Cottontail

United States

#32 Jun 3, 2012
Is there a room at the end of that long hall?
Bird

Buxton, NC

#33 Jun 3, 2012
NewBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your thinking,but I am almost 50 and have had a positive attitude all of my life and it has always paid off, give your best and expect to get the best and you will have the best of life, life is what you think it is (Read The Secret)
I hear ya. But do you remember that one girl/guy in your life that always took you to the cleaners, always seemed to be too busy, you always remained positive that she/he wasn't sleeping with your friends? Every guy has this experience once, as do most gals with at least one guy, and Lowe's is just like it. You keep remaining positive, holding out hope, waiting for the big break, wishing it forward, but it never happens. It was a great company to work for while it was growing, but now, it's done, at least at our end. We have done our job growing the company, now, they are looking for the next phase of workers. The "maintainers". We grew it, now they will maintain it. They won't be long term, knowledgable employees. Lowe's doesn't need them anymore. In most areas where Lowe's or HD exist, the mom and pop stores have either been run out of business or are soon to be, so there isn't much competition with knowledge or customer service anymore. Customers won't find quality service for the most part, because Lowe's, HD, etc because they no longer have to provide it. Now, they can treat the customer however they want because big box stores, for the most part, are their only choice. It will simply be people maintaining computer programs, stocking shelves, running in circles, then going home. Just like with that girlfriend or boyfriend you learned your lesson with, you are simply there for maintenance, while they do whatever they want to you in return. You are new, you do not remember how Lowe's used to be, and as compared to now, there isn't much to be positive about.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#34 Jun 3, 2012
It's nice to be positive don't get me wrong but lowes banked way too much on housing. Lowes is directly connected to the housing market. New homes and new construction mean plenty of $$$.

Now we have people retiring (means smaller homes) going into apartments (no maintenance) and urban environments (much less $ to make).

I wouldn't argue it is about service but lowes didn't anticipate the internet either. Who asks for advice these days? Heck who buys physical music these days? or newspapers...or movies..heck even books. Even network tv is dying out.

I'm not saying that all products can be found online but certainly most product information. At what point would it take to simply tell the consumer where a product is at their local store and it prints out a map as to where to get it? You could also combine rfid's with a credit card and self check out to the point where cashiers aren't needed. There's already talk of checking out customers at department terminals.
Thatoneguy

Cape Girardeau, MO

#35 Jun 4, 2012
You wont even need a terminal, that is the plan anyway.
redvest monkey

Wake Forest, NC

#36 Jun 5, 2012
I really don't think Lowe's IT is smart enough to pull of the change in Aug. It will most likely not be up in running till 2013. Project tool took 6 months past the so called "going live on Monday" date. Internet sales should not replace store sales but augment them. If we don't change direction the little fish (True value, Ace and others) will eat us up.
I like Lowe's it has put food on my table sense I was 5 butt i fear it is going the way of k-mart and other 2nd best.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#37 Jun 6, 2012
Since the test markets are already changing the hours and departments (adding a night crew, night manager shifts) I'd imagine the test of whatever replaces genesis is going to happen shortly. Whoever said August was off a few months. As much as I dislike corporate I think they are "starting" to get it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leaks 14 min WhatTheHell 2
Worst ASM In Lowe's 17 min ASM 40
Evolve phase 3 begins in Q3 1 hr Boohoo 879
Women's Leadership Meeting = Sexist? 1 hr ASM 16
Market manager visit 1 hr Moving 22
Someone took Down New Rumor thread 1 hr Moving 9
Impromptu manager meeting 3 hr xyz 12
**New updates for the July 29th Phase 3 Restruc... 3 hr BananaBoat 204
Any other Region having a CC with the HR Director? 10 hr Csa5 59
confirmation of rumor 19 hr Abby Normal 64