nedm

Pembroke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

This might be quite a bit larger than thought. The path is going more to the west but slowing.
http://www.weatherbellmodels.com/weather/atcf...
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml...

Better start moving some product asap. Generators, gas cans, lumber, nails etc
I'm not claiming this another Katrina but even 100mph winds can be pretty damaging. Last year I caught draft in the summer of remains of Irine which took a tree down.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

nedm wrote:
This might be quite a bit larger than thought. The path is going more to the west but slowing.
http://www.weatherbellmodels.com/weather/atcf...
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml...
Better start moving some product asap. Generators, gas cans, lumber, nails etc
I'm not claiming this another Katrina but even 100mph winds can be pretty damaging. Last year I caught draft in the summer of remains of Irine which took a tree down.
Full weather and sports at 11:00.
Fan of Nedm

Flushing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Nedm can report live from the middle of the storm? I would love live topix reports from the eye of the storm...
weather nedm

Flushing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Please hold a metal rod up too please....
HURRICANE

Chelsea, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Nedm please visit me at the superdome
nedm

Pembroke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Hey I'm just saying...the company actually has a good emergancy command system in terms if distributing product.
KERMIT THE FROG

Owosso, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Whats the latest forecast? Nedm
nedm

Pembroke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Um check NHC. All I'm trying to get at is they should start to divert product down south. When Katrina happened wood pellets were pulled from stores and shipped, same with wood, nails etc.

What's the frequency Kenneth?
Furby

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

nedm wrote:
Hey I'm just saying...the company actually has a good emergancy command system in terms if distributing product.
Are you smoking crack?

We have a pathetically inadequate emergency command system. In July when the storms rolled through Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia the stores ran out of genearators within hours of opening and couldn't get more for several days. We lost thousands of dollars to our competitors because we cannot react fast enough.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Furby in all do respect I mean in compairison to the government. After Katrina what ended up looking better retailers or the feds? Also the process that sm's have of shutting down a store and prepairing to in effect shut it down is also pretty damn fast. Even the news media picked up as to how much organized retailers were vs the feds.

Tornados run a bit different than hurricanes because they are nearly impossible to predict. Hurrianes we know are in the area a good week ahead of time. Same with snowfall.
Ollie Williams

Brant, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Nationwide Tim

Brant, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

nedm wrote:
Furby in all do respect I mean in compairison to the government. After Katrina what ended up looking better retailers or the feds? Also the process that sm's have of shutting down a store and prepairing to in effect shut it down is also pretty damn fast. Even the news media picked up as to how much organized retailers were vs the feds.
Tornados run a bit different than hurricanes because they are nearly impossible to predict. Hurrianes we know are in the area a good week ahead of time. Same with snowfall.
The weather is controlled by the government and the new world order
DMxMD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Anyone in the south and midwest notice an extra truck or two and all of them HUGE this week? They're preparing stores in the division for the possability of not getting any RDC trucks for a week if necessary. They're not going to send extra product to that area yet in case it turns out to be nothing, but they are prepared to send every truck they've got that way if the shit hits the fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lowes Companies Discussions

Search the Lowes Companies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lowes dress code update 22 hr mental distubance 11
Offended by mandatory health screenings. Wed 70VetteMan 12
Lowe's agrees to $500,000 settlement over EPA v... Wed poor little me 11
Lowe's Fired Me After 9 Years For No Reason !!! (Jan '11) Jul 8 Dr Feel good 55
Such a Negative Attitude Towards Lowe's Jul 8 Dr Feel good 106
Vaping Jul 8 Dr Feel good 15
MyLowe's Cards (Feb '12) Jul 8 Do not work at lowes 54
•••
•••