How is the Staffing in your Store?

How is the Staffing in your Store?

Created by Pam the Man on Sep 3, 2012

116 votes

Click on an option to vote

Perfect

Ok

Beyond Awful

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Robert Niblock Quote

Schnecksville, PA

#1 Sep 3, 2012
"The consumer continues to change at an unprecedented rate, and these initiatives will ultimately create a customer experience that is both omni-channel and relevant throughout every stage of the home improvement process,"

"That's the future we're striving every day to realize."
DMxMD

Gardner, KS

#2 Sep 4, 2012
Thanks bud. I think we've all see these quotes.
Robert Niblock Quotes

Schnecksville, PA

#3 Sep 4, 2012
DMxMD wrote:
Thanks bud. I think we've all see these quotes.
"However, I have confidence in our strategy and in our employees, and while we recognize the significant magnitude of change that we've asked the organization to absorb as we transform our business, we fully understand that we must improve our level of execution."
Radar

Walkerton, IN

#4 Sep 5, 2012
Did he say, "our level of execution"? I heard it quoted as "number of executions".

I'M ALL IN! by the way.
Percy

Seminole, FL

#5 Sep 15, 2012
Ha ha,,,,,,It is so bad we have people walk out all the time because they can't find any help.....LEF what a joke,,,,,,,,The place is going down so fast........All I do is sit back laugh,,do as little as possible,,and go home........Go Lowes,,,,
LEF in Florida

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Sep 15, 2012
Take a look at the study that was done for LEF maybe you will have a better understanding. It's like we own a new franchise but we are not going to do it the way that made the co. successful. goto yahoo and search WWW.Jacobcamp.com/lowes
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#7 Sep 15, 2012
That is a interesting report but I doubt that lowes would buy out Ace....technically hd and lowes do have manufacturing...they just buy from a OEM like everyone else.
LowInsider

Saline, MI

#8 Sep 15, 2012
That is a report by a college student. Yawn.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#9 Sep 15, 2012
Um well it was a group and the methdology appears to be pretty good. If you were expecting a qualitative study it would have to be a tad different.
LowInsider

Rockford, MI

#10 Sep 15, 2012
I'm just saying no need to pass it off as something official or something that was used to determine the course of Lowes.
Percy

Seminole, FL

#11 Sep 22, 2012
Ha ha,,,,,,,,,,It is getting funnier by the day,,now the computer system is screwing up worse than ever and the shitty Iphones won't call out,,and drop calls all the time,LEF,,,,,,,,,,Go Lowes..........Ha Ha,,,,,,Keep Sinking ..........

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#12 Sep 22, 2012
I keep on thinking, "It can't get any worse, soon corporate will realize that this is no way to run a business". Then a week later, it does get worse....
Bilbo Teabaggins

United States

#13 Sep 22, 2012
Percy wrote:
Ha ha,,,,,,,,,,It is getting funnier by the day,,now the computer system is screwing up worse than ever and the shitty Iphones won't call out,,and drop calls all the time,LEF,,,,,,,,,,Go Lowes..........Ha Ha,,,,,,Keep Sinking ..........
I set back and laugh myself too! We've got some real educated people tuning the engine of this company to make the higher paid quit.
I'm willing to bet that these ass hats at corporate are putting Sterling in place without any back up what so ever. Sterling WILL FAIL! It's what Lowes seems to do best and that will be the final nail in the coffin.
Anonymous

Indian Trail, NC

#14 Sep 22, 2012
Bilbo Teabaggins wrote:
<quoted text>I set back and laugh myself too! We've got some real educated people tuning the engine of this company to make the higher paid quit.
I'm willing to bet that these ass hats at corporate are putting Sterling in place without any back up what so ever. Sterling WILL FAIL! It's what Lowes seems to do best and that will be the final nail in the coffin.
I feel fairly confident that they will have the bugs worked out. They've been using it in some stores for some functions for a while. It should be fine.
MuffDiverDon

Seminole, FL

#15 Oct 8, 2012
Do you see the bare bones hiring these cheap ass bastards are doing for the holidays?? Sink Deeper and deeper...LEF..........
FormerSM

United States

#16 Oct 8, 2012
MuffDiverDon wrote:
Do you see the bare bones hiring these cheap ass bastards are doing for the holidays?? Sink Deeper and deeper...LEF..........
Lowes doesn't do targeted holiday hiring. Dec - Feb are the slowest months of the year. Concentrated hiring takes place in Jan and Feb for the Spring/Summer busy season.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#17 Oct 8, 2012
Sterling will do well mostly because it is IBM doing it, not lowes. IBM also has over a decade worth of experience with Linux so this isn't that hard to picture.
Neidermeir99

Milford, OH

#18 Oct 8, 2012
The biggest issue to me is that Lowes has totally forgotten their roots andwhat uilt their business. It wasn"t a retail sales company it was the best home improvement business with the most knowledgable staff taking care of customers. Now we replace a long tenured associate who was compelled to leave due to these ridiculous new ideas and replace them with two part timers or short timers as they are referred to. We always hear about the level of execution and level of expectation has changed with LEF. The standards have been lowered by the hiring and training processes that the company has chosen. If we think that staffing is bad now black friday is just around the corner, and the 30 days till Christmas will be hell on all of us.
FormerSM

Fort Wayne, IN

#19 Oct 8, 2012
Neidermeir99 wrote:
The biggest issue to me is that Lowes has totally forgotten their roots andwhat uilt their business. It wasn"t a retail sales company it was the best home improvement business with the most knowledgable staff taking care of customers. Now we replace a long tenured associate who was compelled to leave due to these ridiculous new ideas and replace them with two part timers or short timers as they are referred to. We always hear about the level of execution and level of expectation has changed with LEF. The standards have been lowered by the hiring and training processes that the company has chosen. If we think that staffing is bad now black friday is just around the corner, and the 30 days till Christmas will be hell on all of us.
Friendly suggestion - read my earlier post. "The 30 days till Christmas will be hell on all of us"?? It's not busy. Lowes is not a Christmas shopping destination store for the most part ( except for tools and some other items). Black Friday is the easiest day of the year to work . Every employee is scheduled. If this is your first year at Lowes...relax and enjoy the breather. If its not your first year I can only wonder what you've experienced in other years.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#20 Oct 8, 2012
I rather face Black Friday any day over Memorial Day weekend.

Memorial Day weekend is huge. You figure some might eat so much on Thanksgiving that they are too tired to shop the next day. Memorial you pretty much have more daylight, better weather and fewer distractions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Call outs today 2 hr Board cutter 3
Home Depot vs. Lowe's... Business Insider article 2 hr TheyDidItAgain 5
Are Sales Specialists next? (Feb '17) 3 hr Fook Me Fook U 171
Store morale? 3 hr Fook Me Fook U 3
Anybody see thier.... 3 hr Seven of Nine 3
Dear Lowes Corporate..... 3 hr Seven of Nine 46
told you can't leave at scheduled time? (Nov '12) 10 hr hatemyjob 61
the ship is sinking fast! Sun BeenThereDoneThat 31