Bunkers Hole

Bluefield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

nedm, you’ve become a stable here on this Lowe’s message board. You’ve offered your opinions and shared your knowledge with all of us. We can count on hearing from you regardless of the topic being discussed. At times you have kept conversations going, and at times you have killed discussions.

Why you have chosen Lowe’s as a driving force behind your passion remains a mystery, and really doesn’t matter. It’s obvious that Lowe’s has, or does, mean a lot to you… which is totally fine. Hey, we all need passion in our lives.

Please share with us what other passions you have… any non-internet hobbies? Married? Any kids? How old are you?

And, most importantly, let’s hear about your current job…

I’ll start… I work at Lowes. I’m a mother, I am currently single, I’m a runner, I’m an NFL fanatic (go Lions! I know, I know), and I like old motorcycles… a guy’s dream, right?

Anyway… man up nedm, I'm calling you out!
Matrix

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

You can call but he wont answer, the questions you pose to him aren't answerable from a Google search.
My opinion- he's the antagonist that every story has. He has many faces and falters with differing opinions on verry similar topics. So I believe his statements are dependent on the specific mood he's in or based on the content of the previous posts. He takes opposite sides on similar discussion.
Devils Fan

Wilmington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

FormerSM

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Matrix wrote:
You can call but he wont answer, the questions you pose to him aren't answerable from a Google search.
My opinion- he's the antagonist that every story has. He has many faces and falters with differing opinions on verry similar topics. So I believe his statements are dependent on the specific mood he's in or based on the content of the previous posts. He takes opposite sides on similar discussion.
nedm - I'm in agreement. You owe this group some background. Even just general info. You asked me what I was doing now ....why not the same? If you choose not to do this , I'm inclined to ignore your posts. Nothing. Just dead space. I don't believe you're entitled to debate without everyone knowing a little bit about you. And no , being a team leader 5 years ago doesn't count.
Bunkers Hole

Bluefield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

nedm, I know that you’ve read this post like 15 times and probably have a very small bulge in your pants because there is a topic that is all about you.

But, you are unable to respond due to overpowering fear. I pity you for being such a sad, spineless little creature. But, out of kindness, I do hope that you find a job and a passion in your life that doesn’t involve a company that you worked for, and failed at, a decade ago. It’s time that you move on my friend, really it’s time!

I’m sorry that you are harboring such bitterness towards Lowe’s because you were fired for being incompetent… I know, I know… you’ll now respond with your standard line about there being no evidence that you were fired. May I suggest that you google “forgiveness”.

I called you out and you failed again. What a wuss!
nedm

Pembroke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

I actually did reply to this but for some reason the post was removed. If you called me out I posted and it was removed. As for referencing my pants I'm sorry but I'm not attracted to women from W Va, I prefer others. I worked with some during steel set long ago. MiDee (?) I think they were called. Mostly former coal miners from KY, W VA, PA, VA area.

Bunker I don't fear you..I don't fear anything because frankly fear is largely fake. I used to have a fear of heights but then I went parasailing. I used to fear spiders but then I found out they don't jump and you can squash them.

To answer you here's some background. I am single, in my early 30's with no kids. For tv shows I like True Blood, Breaking Bad and I'm trying to watch newsroom. For movies I thought Avengers was good and Chronicle was great.

I recently finished my masters degree. It was quite a bit of work but I am glad it is done. The reason why I don't say much is because when I mentioned this before people called it at BS. Well if you AUTOMATICALLY think it is bs why should I waste my time then?

I also have a certificate to teach English to second language learners. I enjoy traveling. I went to China for a few weeks back in '08. I might go back eventually. If the Euro goes down in value I'd like to go back to France since I haven't been there since the mid 90's. I have a friend in northern new england that I might visit montreal with later this fall. My French is a bit rusty as I had only three years of it in high school.

For technology I like open sourced software/os's. I usually use ubuntu. I have a google tv box which is interesting although the software is a bit limited. HD radio is interesting although some of the content has waned a bit. For podcasts I generally like Deutche Welle, 2600s, bloombergs, cnbc, radio japan and maybe some others I can't think of now.

I have a small garden of mostly tomato, squash and cucumbers. It is going well this year as it has been warmer and the compost didn't freeze last winter.

In terms of geekyness I used to like shortwave, I have a few dozen qsl confirmations. I like sci fi. For books this has been mostly Harry Turtledove although I've read most of Douglas Adams and tried to read the Dune series. I have a small personal library of 120 or so books and a kindle with hundreads (there's plenty of free content online)

As a side business I sell books online (mostly textbooks).

The NFL isn't bad. I've been to gilette statdium a fair amount of times. Few can afford to go to patriot games here but the backdoor is to get revolution season tickets. I went to see three matches (gold cup). Great experience. US vs Haiti, Guatamela vs Hondoras and revs vs another. Must have been there at least six hours.

For music I've been listening to mostly local bands but I highly doubt anyone here has heard of them. Gussy, Damone, Bomb the music industry etc
Bunkers Hole

Bluefield, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Damn it nedm, you're telling me I'm not your type? Damn it, just damn it outloud!

Would it help my chances if I told you that I'm really a boilermaker, not a mountaineer?
shapow

Simpsonville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

It might help if we can see your boobs!
FormerSM

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

nedm wrote:
I actually did reply to this but for some reason the post was removed. If you called me out I posted and it was removed. As for referencing my pants I'm sorry but I'm not attracted to women from W Va, I prefer others. I worked with some during steel set long ago. MiDee (?) I think they were called. Mostly former coal miners from KY, W VA, PA, VA area.
Bunker I don't fear you..I don't fear anything because frankly fear is largely fake. I used to have a fear of heights but then I went parasailing. I used to fear spiders but then I found out they don't jump and you can squash them.
To answer you here's some background. I am single, in my early 30's with no kids. For tv shows I like True Blood, Breaking Bad and I'm trying to watch newsroom. For movies I thought Avengers was good and Chronicle was great.
I recently finished my masters degree. It was quite a bit of work but I am glad it is done. The reason why I don't say much is because when I mentioned this before people called it at BS. Well if you AUTOMATICALLY think it is bs why should I waste my time then?
I also have a certificate to teach English to second language learners. I enjoy traveling. I went to China for a few weeks back in '08. I might go back eventually. If the Euro goes down in value I'd like to go back to France since I haven't been there since the mid 90's. I have a friend in northern new england that I might visit montreal with later this fall. My French is a bit rusty as I had only three years of it in high school.
For technology I like open sourced software/os's. I usually use ubuntu. I have a google tv box which is interesting although the software is a bit limited. HD radio is interesting although some of the content has waned a bit. For podcasts I generally like Deutche Welle, 2600s, bloombergs, cnbc, radio japan and maybe some others I can't think of now.
I have a small garden of mostly tomato, squash and cucumbers. It is going well this year as it has been warmer and the compost didn't freeze last winter.
In terms of geekyness I used to like shortwave, I have a few dozen qsl confirmations. I like sci fi. For books this has been mostly Harry Turtledove although I've read most of Douglas Adams and tried to read the Dune series. I have a small personal library of 120 or so books and a kindle with hundreads (there's plenty of free content online)
As a side business I sell books online (mostly textbooks).
The NFL isn't bad. I've been to gilette statdium a fair amount of times. Few can afford to go to patriot games here but the backdoor is to get revolution season tickets. I went to see three matches (gold cup). Great experience. US vs Haiti, Guatamela vs Hondoras and revs vs another. Must have been there at least six hours.
For music I've been listening to mostly local bands but I highly doubt anyone here has heard of them. Gussy, Damone, Bomb the music industry etc
nedm - I'm proud of you. I believe you're being truthful with everything. Thank you. And give Bunker a chance.......she can bring out another side of you that you may not know you have...:)
Thatoneguy

Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Well nedm it is good to finally meet you.
Matrix

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Still didn't see much in your post about your lowes history.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Lowes Companies Forum right now

Search the Lowes Companies Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lowes dress code update 18 hr mental distubance 11
Offended by mandatory health screenings. Wed 70VetteMan 12
Lowe's agrees to $500,000 settlement over EPA v... Wed poor little me 11
Lowe's Fired Me After 9 Years For No Reason !!! (Jan '11) Jul 8 Dr Feel good 55
Such a Negative Attitude Towards Lowe's Jul 8 Dr Feel good 106
Vaping Jul 8 Dr Feel good 15
MyLowe's Cards (Feb '12) Jul 8 Do not work at lowes 54
•••
•••