Early Sunday Am meeting! What gives?
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
joe d in big c

Mooresville, NC

#62 Aug 21, 2012
we be lovin this stuff man slice a bacon thin aint no thang!
LeadH20Quack

Alexandria, VA

#63 Aug 21, 2012
NewBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Good health insurance! Yes! Its the law now! Silly Quack! The secret is in the beeno!
I may be a silly quack...but dude you are headed for a major heart attack with that diet of yours . Cut corners somewhere else, not with your health. Don't disrespect your body.
gemini

Hemet, CA

#64 Aug 21, 2012
zal front load wrote:
have not been to one of these meetings.....is everyone expected/demanded to be there? If your scheduled off do you get paid to be there? If this is just a pep-rally i want to opt out...that approach is shallow and not effective. I like rules approach....its only a job and this company doesn't care much about its people so lets not fall into the trap of caring more about them than they do about us.
it's not mandatory at my store, although they highly recommend that
you attend. we are asked to clock in if we are not scheduled to work that day.
lowes employee

Mooresville, NC

#65 Aug 21, 2012
screw lowes and their mandatory meetings,im not going
NewBee

Denton, TX

#66 Aug 21, 2012
LeadH20Quack wrote:
<quoted text>I may be a silly quack...but dude you are headed for a major heart attack with that diet of yours . Cut corners somewhere else, not with your health. Don't disrespect your body.
No harm intended Thank you for your concern, I was mainly making the point that we all have it good if we have a job, and I do eat well although to much red meat I love a med rare steak.

life is good for most we just have to be like ducks and let things that we have no control over roll off our backs

if we do the best we can thats all we can do and let the rest go
if we are dependable and do the best we can we are ok unless the whole thing falls and then it is what it is
Santa

Keansburg, NJ

#67 Aug 21, 2012
Any way you look at it , Lowe's is now run by "bean counters ". They look at the books and not at the people that try to keep those books in the black,, I have worked for places like this before and they al ended up loosing out .. Still in business , but reduced in size . We now have a person on the board that was with a company selling clothes and towels . Has anyone looked at what the store is selling now ? WHy don't we just put a K-Mart or Kohls sign out front? The smaller places are loving this stuff. They see the turmoil going on , the insecurity the company is instilling in the employees and they push the one on one that they can give the customer. Lowe's will be around a long time yet it was a real good place to work for but even coming from the "Old School " way of thinking I cannot see the store expanding and becoming the #1 it wants to be . I don't like saying that but it's what I see. MAny of the "big wigs" are new to this company and are all trying to do a "fix" to something that wasn't broken .
What if someone said "UNION " ? what would happen then . WOrked one of them also . Don't believe that's the answer either .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Central Production Office 17 hr lowes96 1
Paycut Rules? 17 hr lowes96 1
psi program (Dec '11) Aug 29 Rhaus22 66
Installs call1 wording Aug 26 Confused 1
Living Wage Lowe's Employees Aug 26 Cash is King 2
an hr manager at lowes....just say no!! (Apr '13) Aug 25 lowes96 76
I dislike working @ Lowes ( the bad stuff) (Jul '12) Aug 23 Lio 26
More from around the web