Location hidden

#43 Aug 16, 2012
vickey wrote:
I love lowes and everything they do is for our good
what color is the koolaid today?
Bunkers Hole
#44 Aug 16, 2012
Meeting overview:

84 new programs will be announced that remove more employees from the sales floor, and create exciting new methods of not selling any products off the sales floor.

61 new programs will be launched that change the overall structure of payroll. These programs are intended to help employees simplify their financial needs and boost the bottom line of Lowe’s. In addition, a new volunteer employee program will be launched… these non-paid positions will be branded as “helping everyone love Lowe’s” or “Hell” for short.

Call buttons will be placed in every aisle and must be answered within 10 seconds… you’ll be responsible for 3 or 4 departments simultaneously, so work harder and smarter. Failure is not an option here, as this is the primary method Lowe’s has to measure Customer Service.

Impact hours will be expanded to include all store hours… closing shift will handle all tasking during the hour after closing, this shift will be rewarded by being asked to leave early to help leverage payroll.

Fine-tuning of favoritism… select employees will be rewarded with 45 minute breaks (4 times per shift), be exempt from freight, work whatever shift they choose, and get a minimum of 3 weekends off per month. These employees will wear a new dark brown vest
DMxMD

United States

#45 Aug 16, 2012
Hilarious!
Nochance

Toronto, Canada

#46 Aug 16, 2012
Love it, so true, lowes realism!
NewBee
#47 Aug 16, 2012
As for me it is starting off to sound good, from what I am hearing in the BUZZ. We may finely going to be able to manage our teams without ASM micro management. Empowerment and acountability to do the job without too many cooks in the kitchen.
Let the LEF begin.So that we can invoke the S.E.R.V.E model and I.M.P.A.C.T our customers by being able to manage our time and resources.
YES !!!
TwatLicker

Saint Petersburg, FL

#48 Aug 17, 2012
NewBee wrote:
As for me it is starting off to sound good, from what I am hearing in the BUZZ. We may finely going to be able to manage our teams without ASM micro management. Empowerment and acountability to do the job without too many cooks in the kitchen.
Let the LEF begin.So that we can invoke the S.E.R.V.E model and I.M.P.A.C.T our customers by being able to manage our time and resources.
YES !!!
You really are an idiot aren't you...Is this really the most exciting thing to ever happen in your life....?
NewBee
#49 Aug 17, 2012
TwatLicker wrote:
<quoted text>You really are an idiot aren't you...Is this really the most exciting thing to ever happen in your life....?
TwatLicker,
I am sorry that your life is not so good! But You can do better,life is what you make it! if yours sucks it is up to you to do better and start with your mind,and dig deep into yours and you will find where you planted the seeds of discontent and pull them out and replant fruitful ones and before long your life will get to where you want it to be, it all starts with you!
I am truly sorry that of the fact that, I can and do apperciate mine disturbs you so badly
Try going a few years living on min wage losing everything that you worked 30 years for and you will be glad for what you have and can see that no matter what, the future is bright.
Your thoughts are what your life is.Think yours to be what you want it to be,and it will be!
Giving out bad,causes you to recive bad,
I truly hope that you find and get the life you are looking for!
zal front load

Angola, NY

#50 Aug 17, 2012
Just what we need...another lecture about lifes perpective and mindset! Look i'd love a good Zig Ziglar moment and DO believe that for the most part life is what you make of it. Niblock already gave us a lecture on connections about having a proper (Lowes profitability is all that matters) minset. But if we are being honest, Bunkers post is closer to what the corporation really wants.
NewBee

Van Alstyne, TX

#51 Aug 17, 2012
zal front load wrote:
Just what we need...another lecture about lifes perpective and mindset! Look i'd love a good Zig Ziglar moment and DO believe that for the most part life is what you make of it. Niblock already gave us a lecture on connections about having a proper (Lowes profitability is all that matters) minset. But if we are being honest, Bunkers post is closer to what the corporation really wants.
I agree, So lets just post about Early Sunday Am meeting! What gives.

And those that want to cry about or complain start another post.
DMxMD

United States

#52 Aug 17, 2012
NewBee wrote:
<quoted text>
TwatLicker,
I am sorry that your life is not so good! But You can do better,life is what you make it! if yours sucks it is up to you to do better and start with your mind,and dig deep into yours and you will find where you planted the seeds of discontent and pull them outr and replant fruitful ones and before long your life will get to where you want it to be, it all starts with you!
I am truly sorry that of the fact that, I can and do apperciate mine disturbs you so badly
Try going a few years living on min wage losing everything that you worked 30 years for and you will be glad for what you have and can see that no matter what, the future is bright.
Your thoughts are what your life is.Think yours to be what you want it to be,and it will be!
Giving out bad,causes you to recive bad,
I truly hope that you find and get the life you are looking for!
If the posters on this forum had ever worked even a short time at Walmart or similar retail chains, this forum wouldn't exist, because everyone would be so thankful for the higher pay and more lax productivity standards at lowes that there would be no reason to gripe. A stocker at Walmart is held to a goal of 60 cases pet hour. At lowes we pay our stock crew $3 more per hour and ask them to stock 30 cases per hour. It's really not that bad here folks. Perspective really is what its all about, and I for one would rather have a store full of people excited to be there and for the opportunity than a bunch of employees that can only sit back and bitch about missing the good ol days.
OverIt

Panama City, FL

#53 Aug 17, 2012
Matrix wrote:
Early Sunday 6:00 am meeting for all employees. Does anyone have an idea whats going on. I figure its bmr5. All managers have to wear blue at all times I noticed. Is this happening in all locations.
we have one here to the 26th at 6am - lol more BS shoved down our already over worked asses
NewBee

Van Alstyne, TX

#54 Aug 17, 2012
OverIt wrote:
<quoted text>
we have one here to the 26th at 6am - lol more BS shoved down our already over worked asses
I heard the same about the blue vest, as well as there will not be as many on duty at a time.(only 1 per shift?)

Any other details?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#55 Aug 17, 2012
DMxMD wrote:
<quoted text>
If the posters on this forum had ever worked even a short time at Walmart or similar retail chains, this forum wouldn't exist, because everyone would be so thankful for the higher pay and more lax productivity standards at lowes that there would be no reason to gripe. A stocker at Walmart is held to a goal of 60 cases pet hour. At lowes we pay our stock crew $3 more per hour and ask them to stock 30 cases per hour. It's really not that bad here folks. Perspective really is what its all about, and I for one would rather have a store full of people excited to be there and for the opportunity than a bunch of employees that can only sit back and bitch about missing the good ol days.
The good ole days are when a one bread winner could provide for their family. The other good ole days is when you could make it with one breadwinner making a decent salary and your mate working part time to supplement to have a few nicer things. Today two breadwinners working at any big box store will make barely enough to survive much less save for a rainy day. Anybody who says we should be happy to be making $10/ hour because Walmart pays $8 hasn't tried to live on $10/hour and that statement is very insensitive. Lowes has very good people-many over qualified making $10-12/hr---you want to motivate them: 1)Senior Management lead the way by taking a fairly substantial pay cut, 2) Appreciate your employees-verbally, incentives, 3) share part of your bonus with your employees-if you took all your senior store managers and did something very special for your employees as thanks-what would that cost each of you-$1000?? What kind of dividends would it pay you...hard work and loyalty. People understand tough times but cannot stomach when the low end of the pyramid takes the cuts and the fat cats keep getting fatter and do "nothing" for their employees out of their pockets for appreciation. Management-You just don't get it-quit listening to the GE Executives and the Harvard management style, read about the early days of Fed Ex, Later years of Harley Davidson, Early years of Apple Computer, HP, Johnsonville Brats...Emulate the companies who really cared about their employees. Emulate community based businesses with owners who lived in their towns--how they took care of their employees when things were tough and how the employees gave back when the companies needed it.

I do not want any company to fail...that includes Lowes-they employee alot of people but you will fail if you continue down the path you are on...history shows it. 90% of all company problems are Management controllable-you hold the purse, knowledge, power to change--10% maybe employee controllable-you fix your 90% and you won't have much of a employee problem. I would bet your employees feel the same way IF you really changed and worked hard to build trust and character...both are earned and not given.

Since: Aug 12

Ocala, FL

#56 Aug 17, 2012
Matrix wrote:
Early Sunday 6:00 am meeting for all employees. Does anyone have an idea whats going on. I figure its bmr5. All managers have to wear blue at all times I noticed. Is this happening in all locations.
yes it is! It's the new thinking on IMPACT hours
DMxMD

Gardner, KS

#57 Aug 18, 2012
Loweball wrote:
<quoted text>
yes it is! It's the new thinking on IMPACT hours
We did our first day of all blue today too. I can't tell if I like it or if it even matters. When there is a customer complaint it helps to look different from the rest, but the blue vest doesn't really do it in my oppinion unless they change what's written on it. Nice slacks and a button down on all management would help to portray a more professional image.
NewBee

Van Alstyne, TX

#58 Aug 18, 2012
Pedro Rodriquez wrote:
<quoted text>
The good ole days are when a one bread winner could provide for their family. The other good ole days is when you could make it with one breadwinner making a decent salary and your mate working part time to supplement to have a few nicer things. Today two breadwinners working at any big box store will make barely enough to survive much less save for a rainy day. Anybody who says we should be happy to be making $10/ hour because Walmart pays $8 hasn't tried to live on $10/hour and that statement is very insensitive. Lowes has very good people-many over qualified making $10-12/hr---you want to motivate them: 1)Senior Management lead the way by taking a fairly substantial pay cut, 2) Appreciate your employees-verbally, incentives, 3) share part of your bonus with your employees-if you took all your senior store managers and did something very special for your employees as thanks-what would that cost each of you-$1000?? What kind of dividends would it pay you...hard work and loyalty. People understand tough times but cannot stomach when the low end of the pyramid takes the cuts and the fat cats keep getting fatter and do "nothing" for their employees out of their pockets for appreciation. Management-You just don't get it-quit listening to the GE Executives and the Harvard management style, read about the early days of Fed Ex, Later years of Harley Davidson, Early years of Apple Computer, HP, Johnsonville Brats...Emulate the companies who really cared about their employees. Emulate community based businesses with owners who lived in their towns--how they took care of their employees when things were tough and how the employees gave back when the companies needed it.
I do not want any company to fail...that includes Lowes-they employee alot of people but you will fail if you continue down the path you are on...history shows it. 90% of all company problems are Management controllable-you hold the purse, knowledge, power to change--10% maybe employee controllable-you fix your 90% and you won't have much of a employee problem. I would bet your employees feel the same way IF you really changed and worked hard to build trust and character...both are earned and not given.
It Takes 2:
If your whole family has cell phones 2 cars + 1 for the children to keep up with the jones,cable tv, internet and computer, dont cook entertain you self alot, live in to much house, drink to much, have a pool,high priced clothes shoes and shoes along with to many, keep the temp in your home to high or low, drive more than needed,keep to much jink food and have to many gadgets and worry what other people think about, use body wash and shampo instead of soap ect.

Don't get me wrong,it takes 2 at my house too, but I choose to live this way.

I tried to cut the food bill last month, and we did it for $150.00 for the month, ate steak 1 time a week, beans corn bread and potatoes 2 times a week, tacos 4 times, mac and cheese with hotdogs 4 times Lol but we did it,

We all live with mor than we need and most do not know the difference between needs and wants,

No dig intended LOL just trying to lighten the mood here

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#59 Aug 18, 2012
NewBee wrote:
<quoted text>
It Takes 2:
If your whole family has cell phones 2 cars + 1 for the children to keep up with the jones,cable tv, internet and computer, dont cook entertain you self alot, live in to much house, drink to much, have a pool,high priced clothes shoes and shoes along with to many, keep the temp in your home to high or low, drive more than needed,keep to much jink food and have to many gadgets and worry what other people think about, use body wash and shampo instead of soap ect.
Don't get me wrong,it takes 2 at my house too, but I choose to live this way.
I tried to cut the food bill last month, and we did it for $150.00 for the month, ate steak 1 time a week, beans corn bread and potatoes 2 times a week, tacos 4 times, mac and cheese with hotdogs 4 times Lol but we did it,
We all live with mor than we need and most do not know the difference between needs and wants,
No dig intended LOL just trying to lighten the mood here
I agree with you-most of live better than we "need" to. But those days may be short lived because of the economy, people making less/unemployed, housing values down, 401K/retirement value down or gone.

We need to bring back those skilled jobs that pay better than retail. We could do this if the corporate world would take much less for salary and benefits and invest that money back into jobs on American soil. We cannot afford the good jobs they say because of lower profits-money that goes for salary and benefits come from sales & profits. The good ole corporate group doesn't acknowledge this fact because of their greed. They cannot hire execs for lower wages because other groups are willing to pay exorbitant salaries. Until they as a group realize they are selling America out by their high wages and benefits and their unwillingness to re-invest back into American jobs we will never turn it around. We will not solve America's poor economy on the backs of the blue collar employee by lowering wages, outsourcing. The wealthy business execs need to do their part by changing their business strategies and taking less salary and benefits. It will take all of us to tighten our belts, not just the middle to lower class. It is a no-brainer-sales-expenses=prof it and right now our corporate salary expenses are sucking the available funds from American made jobs.
LeadH20Quack

Chesapeake, OH

#60 Aug 20, 2012
See ya at the hospital when you have that heart attack NewBee! Nice diet! Hot dogs and Mac and cheese! And four times a week no less! Hope you have good health insurance!
NewBee

Van Alstyne, TX

#61 Aug 21, 2012
LeadH20Quack wrote:
See ya at the hospital when you have that heart attack NewBee! Nice diet! Hot dogs and Mac and cheese! And four times a week no less! Hope you have good health insurance!
Good health insurance! Yes! Its the law now! Silly Quack! The secret is in the beeno!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many Lowe's employees are below the povert... (Mar '13) 18 hr Mom0f4 58
Why is it so hard to get full time in Lowes Tue Just another asso... 12
Lowes pilot program in east coast to eliminate ... (Oct '15) Tue Lil nib 1,394
Race for the cup (Aug '13) Mon Chad 24
after 13 years am done! Aug 21 Lazinesseverywhere 4
farting in front of customers! (Feb '16) Aug 20 dunno 33
Lowe's Management Structure Question (Mar '14) Aug 20 Scar-H 15
More from around the web