omni-channel
drain the swamp

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jul 12, 2018
OMNI_CHANNEL this one word has cost Lowe's over one billion dollars, the real truth, hopefully the computer system developed in the 1960's GENESIS will last another 50 years, drain the swamp.
that guy

Madison, WI

#2 Jul 12, 2018
Well a new genesis is going to be rolled out to work with the touch screens on the front and back end. I’ve heard it’s easier 2 hours of training vs weeks.

Well see...
drain the swamp wrote:
OMNI_CHANNEL this one word has cost Lowe's over one billion dollars, the real truth, hopefully the computer system developed in the 1960's GENESIS will last another 50 years, drain the swamp.
Wilmerding

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jul 13, 2018
drain the swamp wrote:
I dont know why Lowes doesnt, have real registers like other stores, so much easier to customize already existing software than it is to reinvent the wheel. The software we have now looks like it has been patched and banded for so long were lucky it works. We have a book that was put together by one of our older cashiers that tells how to do most things. But it does raise a level of concern with customers when we have to use it to complete a transaction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
psa's at all stores going on 3rd shift nights 52 min Toots poots 45
Csa V 4 hr Slack Jaw 4
kronos app 4 hr Slack Jaw 5
Hrms laid off 4 hr Slack Jaw 20
Lowes Termination 6 hr Whatwhat 33
Day Stocking In Stores Going To Over Nights??? 7 hr Truth Teller 5
Conservatives and Liberals are both equally wor... (Jul '17) 10 hr Fired ASM 46
changes coming 11 hr Womanrocks 47
All store meeting Tue Future former emp... 18