nedm

Pembroke, MA

#42 Sep 2, 2012
First rule about Lowe's Connections

NO ONE MENTIONS LOWE'S CONNECTIONS!

But seriously the company doesn't have a good record in terms of lawsuits and is generally is pretty weak. There are plenty of towns that tell lowes "no", there are plenty of vendors that tell lowes no and pretty soon a fair amount of employees that tell lowes no.
Forrest Gump

Coplay, PA

#43 Sep 3, 2012
Lieutenant Dan, I got you some ice cream.
Radar

Columbia City, IN

#44 Sep 4, 2012
nedm wrote:
First rule about Lowe's Connections
NO ONE MENTIONS LOWE'S CONNECTIONS!
But seriously the company doesn't have a good record in terms of lawsuits and is generally is pretty weak. There are plenty of towns that tell lowes "no", there are plenty of vendors that tell lowes no and pretty soon a fair amount of employees that tell lowes no.
You forgot the SECOND RULE of Lowes Connections:

Nobody mentions "Connections"
Robert Niblock Quotes

Coplay, PA

#45 Sep 4, 2012
"While we are encouraged by improving housing metrics, we believe underlying demand remains soft, and our guidance has been adjusted to reflect that view"

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#46 Sep 4, 2012
Robert Niblock Quotes wrote:
"While we are encouraged by improving housing metrics, we believe underlying demand remains soft, and our guidance has been adjusted to reflect that view"
Sounds like govt speak...gobbly gook sentences. What is your plan besides cutting hourly wages and hours? You guys at the top need to make concessions..you could probably cut a million dollars off your salary and bonuses and still live quite comfortably..at least far better than your employees. Just think of how profitable you could be if you cut your salaries and benefits, but you won't, because of greed.(Sales-expenses=profit)( payroll is part of a controllable expense and the biggest payroll expense is at the top)
faux Niblock

Coplay, PA

#47 Sep 4, 2012
Pedro Rodriquez wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like govt speak...gobbly gook sentences. What is your plan besides cutting hourly wages and hours? You guys at the top need to make concessions..you could probably cut a million dollars off your salary and bonuses and still live quite comfortably..at least far better than your employees. Just think of how profitable you could be if you cut your salaries and benefits, but you won't, because of greed.(Sales-expenses=profit)( payroll is part of a controllable expense and the biggest payroll expense is at the top)
Cut my pay? Are you freaking nuts?
Get back to work, I'm watching you on closed circuit TV, stop reading books and get back to work. Before we have to "visit" your store, then you will have a very long "to-do" list.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#48 Sep 4, 2012
faux Niblock wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut my pay? Are you freaking nuts?
Get back to work, I'm watching you on closed circuit TV, stop reading books and get back to work. Before we have to "visit" your store, then you will have a very long "to-do" list.
Right Commandant Niblock...
Robert Niblock Quote

Coplay, PA

#49 Sep 4, 2012
Pedro Rodriquez wrote:
<quoted text>
Right Commandant Niblock...
"Some of those positive results come from a -- consistently demonstrating excellence in things that customers care about, things like our impact on the environment and the communities we serve and things like the retail experience."
Radar

Columbia City, IN

#50 Sep 4, 2012
Everyone is afraid to post in the new "Is it safe to post on Connections?" forum.

I'll donate ten dollars to the favorite charity of anyone who starts a Connections forum titled: "Is it safe to post about whether it is safe to post about Connections?"
Robert Niblock Quote

Coplay, PA

#51 Sep 5, 2012
"Over the past year, the past 18 months, we have dramatically changed what our expectations are of leaders throughout the organization. And while a majority of the people are very much on board, there are some that are very uncomfortable. They're, not going to raise their heads and say I'm uncomfortable with this."
Radar

Columbia City, IN

#52 Sep 5, 2012
Robert Niblock Quote wrote:
"Over the past year, the past 18 months, we have dramatically changed what our expectations are of leaders throughout the organization. And while a majority of the people are very much on board, there are some that are very uncomfortable. They're, not going to raise their heads and say I'm uncomfortable with this."
HAHAHAHAH. Now everyone is raising their heads and saying, "I'M ALL IN, MR. NIBLOCK...NO PROBLEMS IN OUR STORE...YOU CAN COUNT ON ME!"

Niblock may too much time at the tables in Vegas at the annual conference: I'm ALL in; I'm going to double-down.....

When your CEO and execs start to talk like gamblers, you KNOW you have a problem!
C-Lo

Pottstown, PA

#53 Feb 18, 2013
Spanish Mike Alvarez wrote:
<quoted text>
Niblock doesn't own Lowe's, he serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors.
And when a public company is failing such as Lowe's is, changes must be made to right it's course. The Board of Directors has a duty to address this CEO's performance, that is what they get paid for.
http://tinyurl.com/NiblockSucks
This isn't some good ol' boy's landscaping business, it's a Fortune 50 Company.
Get the difference?


So you say Lowes is failing? Then you mention how its a Fortune 50 Company. Pretty stupid comment on your part. I would love to fail like that.
A S M Charlotte

United States

#54 Aug 16, 2013
Pedro if you don't see your asm then he is failing you as a senior manager in your store. This issue should be resolved by your store manager or market director. This is not the culture Lowe's is looking for today.
Pedro Rodriquez wrote:
<quoted text>
360 degree evaluations are a good approach as long as there is accountability to implement a plan to improve. It can be a witch hunt so to speak if people are not properly trained. It can give one a different perspective of themselves. I think Lowes management would be afraid to do these-they might uncover some traits that would hurt their ego.
In my store I was evaluated by my ASM who I barely see. I don't think they asked my DM about my work. DM's should give the reviews-they work closer with the people that our ASM. OR, talk to the DM about how they feel about the employee.
Unhappy

Fredericksburg, VA

#55 Aug 25, 2013
I never go on connections. I know to stay away from that site.
Coco

Mooresville, NC

#56 Aug 25, 2013
Unhappy wrote:
I never go on connections. I know to stay away from that site.
Why? Niblock and other execs use it. The only problem with Connections is if you shoot your mouth off and say something dumb that you would say in front of a manager or in a meeting. In fact, any manager who tells you not to use it can get in trouble. Some have. Just don't be an ass on Connections and you'll never have any trouble.

Anyone cooking up conspiracy crap about Connections after its been around for years now is probably too dumb to know how to use it anyway. You can get the answers to almost anything on Connections.
stitch

Mooresville, NC

#57 Aug 26, 2013
YUP if you look at the buisness cards of some of the people that make stupid comments alot of them are no longer active...go figure lol
Coco

Mooresville, NC

#58 Aug 26, 2013
And if they said the same stupid stuff in a meeting they'd be just as fired.
Connections is a great tool for exposing the jerks that somehow got hired. I'm glad they're gone.
Fat Man in a 48 Jumpsuit

Bluefield, VA

#59 Aug 27, 2013
Connections is a porn site for brown-nosers. If you are not into hard core brown-nosing,
you’ll lose interest very quickly.

Sadly, NEDM can't connect because Lowe's fired him a decade ago.
nedm

Pembroke, MA

#60 Aug 27, 2013
Nope sorry pal. I wasn't even working for lowes a decade ago! Nice try. Never fired either. I like the vast majority of other employees end up leaving for better things.

Never got into Connections, I loved reading the bright ideas and the rejected ones because they were way out there. I had a cabinet specialist that put in a travel agency as an idea wtf? Pet day care was another..ramblings on the economy etc
Coco

Mooresville, NC

#61 Aug 27, 2013
Fat Man in a 48 Jumpsuit wrote:
Connections is a porn site for brown-nosers. If you are not into hard core brown-nosing,
you’ll lose interest very quickly.
Sadly, NEDM can't connect because Lowe's fired him a decade ago.
Wrong. You've never read Connections then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Sears 4 hr CharlotteGirl 6
How to become blue vest ASM 10 hr Its possible 14
Carpet install Sep 21 Riggamarole 8
Opelika lowes? Sep 20 Andre 2
18 year Lowes employee stops theft, gets fired! (Oct '13) Sep 19 csa 27
psi program (Dec '11) Sep 19 Katnkitchen 62
Offended by mandatory health screenings. Sep 19 lbt 31
•••

Lowes Companies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••