Veterans deserve respect

Coplay, PA

#81 Jan 9, 2013
Simple wrote:
I have 5 associates on FMLA and they pretty much come and go as they please. I am not sure what happened to the above person or that it was handled per Lowes policy. You can file for FMLA as long as you qualify.
Man sues Lowe’s, claiming he was wrongly fired

CLARKSBURG — A man who claims he was fired for taking too many days off work due to health problems is seeking to recover his employment at Lowe’s.

“When defendant decided to fire Mr. Murphy, it anticipated or feared he would use additional FMLA in the future,” the suit states.

Lowe’s Home Centers interfered with Murphy’s exercise of his rights under the Family Medical Leave Act and retaliated against him because he exercised his rights under the act, Murphy claims.

http://wvrecord.com/news/217229-man-sues-lowe...
Veterans deserve respect

Coplay, PA

#82 Jan 9, 2013
The Court looked favorably on the decision in Sabbrese v. Lowe's Home Centers, Inc., 320 F.Supp. 2d 311 (W.D.Pa). In that case, a diabetic employee was requires to eat a scheduled intervals in order to control his blood sugar. One day Sabbrese left for lunch early in order to eat because he was feeling lightheaded and nauseous. He was disciplined for leaving his post early.

http://federalfmla.typepad.com/fmla_blog/inte...
Veterans deserve respect

Coplay, PA

#83 Jan 9, 2013
In Saavedra v. Lowe’s Home Centers, Inc., the Plaintiff alleged that while she was on leave for a medical condition, a human resources manager changed her leave status from FMLA leave to personal leave and that the human resource manager provided no explanation for the change. The Plaintiff previously reported to the manager regarding her FMLA leave, and the Plaintiff also alleged that the manager had authority to hire and fire employees and, to some degree, to supervise or control employee work schedules or conditions of employment. The Plaintiff alleged that when she attempted to return to work after the expiration of her leave, she presented a doctor’s note with an erroneous date and that the manager refused to accept the note. She returned to her doctor to obtain a corrected release to return to work but she was informed that her doctor was on vacation and that no other doctor would execute a new release. The Plaintiff informed the individual defendant manager that she could not immediately obtain a corrected medical release because the doctor was on vacation, and in response, the manager stated to the Plaintiff that her employment was terminated.

The Plaintiff sued both Lowe’s and the individual manager with whom she had interacted with respect to her FMLA leave. The manager moved to dismiss the Complaint against her individually, arguing that the Plaintiff’s complaint did not allege sufficient facts to establish that the individual manager was Plaintiff’s employer under the FMLA. The court denied the manager’s Motion to Dismiss and allowed the case against the manager to continue, holding that, when read in light of case law under the FMLA and the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”), the Plaintiff’s complaint pled sufficient facts to establish a claim under the FMLA against the individual manager.

http://www.laborandemploymentlawcocktail.com/...
Veterans deserve respect

Coplay, PA

#84 Jan 9, 2013
Lowe’s wrongly fired Berkeley man, suit claims

MARTINSBURG – A Berkeley County man has filed a suit against a national hardware and home improvement store, claiming he was fired for missing too much work even though he claims to be covered by the Family and Medical Leave Act.

Terry Parsons filed a suit June 29 in Berkeley Circuit Court, against Lowe’s Home Center Inc. Parsons was employed by the Lowe’s in Berkeley County.

According to the suit, Parsons had to arrive late, leave early or miss work altogether when his father moved in with him. His father was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and died Aug. 2, 2006.

Parsons claims he provided his father’s medical records to his supervisors, which they had requested. He also filled out FMLA paperwork to request intermittent FMLA leave. He was told the leave was not available at Lowe’s.

Parsons then called his district manager, who concluded that he backed Parsons’ supervisor and ended the conversation.

After that, Parsons was issued warnings and was written up. Parsons was then told he would have to accept a demotion to a CSR position and have a possibility of a future promotion, or he would be involuntarily demoted. He chose to accept the demotion July 14.

Less than a month later, his father died, and Parsons returned to work.

On Sept. 22, he was stuck by a truck while standing at a gas station, and was injured. He returned to work Oct. 11. He was then informed he had been fired because of the time he missed for his father’s cancer and his accident.

Parsons claims he was fired because of his request for FMLA approved leave. He seeks actual damages, liquidated damages, interest and court costs.

http://wvrecord.com/news/198712-lowes-wrongly...
Veterans deserve respect

Coplay, PA

#85 Jan 9, 2013
Dear SMA wrote:
but please get your facts instead of posting BS.
I posted a few "facts" for you. dip shiat.
Great facts

Mooresville, NC

#86 Jan 9, 2013
Lots of law suits. If you are ill you should go home and give someone else your job.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#87 Jan 9, 2013
Great facts wrote:
Lots of law suits. If you are ill you should go home and give someone else your job.
Really? You are one kind soul aren't you. Hope you never need some kindness. Karma can be sweet revenge.
Whickerbill

Mooresville, NC

#88 Jan 9, 2013
Pedro Rodriquez wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You are one kind soul aren't you. Hope you never need some kindness. Karma can be sweet revenge.
Be, cool, Pedro. It is probably DMxMD posting under another alias from a store computer. It sounds like his attitude.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#89 Jan 9, 2013
Whickerbill wrote:
<quoted text>
Be, cool, Pedro. It is probably DMxMD posting under another alias from a store computer. It sounds like his attitude.
You don't mess with military leave or FMLA. I'm not stupid, OR a dick people. I'm just blunt when I 100% believe you are wrong. There's only so many characters allowed per post. I don't have time to sugar coat everything for children. We're all adults. It's time to start acting like it and treating each other that way.
Spanish Mike Alvarez

Coplay, PA

#90 Jan 9, 2013
DMxMD wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not stupid, OR a dick people. We're all adults. It's time to start acting like it and treating each other that way.
Yes you are a d!ck. And you have no credibility talking about the need to act like an adult. You are a disgrace.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#91 Jan 9, 2013
Spanish Mike Alvarez wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are a d!ck. And you have no credibility talking about the need to act like an adult. You are a disgrace.
Says the guy banned from almost every lowes related forum past and present.
DMxMD is a d0uche

Coplay, PA

#92 Jan 10, 2013
DMxMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy banned from almost every lowes related forum past and present.
When you have turds like Nightauel, PSAForever, Ratchet, Josh the f@g, Slek, HDPatriot and Boardwalkties as moderators running boards that are boring and clannish, I consider it a badge of honor to be banned from their communities. I don't drink the kool-aid, anybody's kool-aid for that matter.

You can try to deflect your recent troubles onto me, but you are the one on here abusing employees and customers. You deserve what you get for your actions as a Lowe's assistant manager and the things you post on here.

Now I will let you get back to insulting and defaming Lowe's employees and customers.
mirror mirror

Mooresville, NC

#93 Jan 10, 2013
DMxMD is a d0uche wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have turds like Nightauel, PSAForever, Ratchet, Josh the f@g, Slek, HDPatriot and Boardwalkties as moderators running boards that are boring and clannish, I consider it a badge of honor to be banned from their communities. I don't drink the kool-aid, anybody's kool-aid for that matter.
You can try to deflect your recent troubles onto me, but you are the one on here abusing employees and customers. You deserve what you get for your actions as a Lowe's assistant manager and the things you post on here.
Now I will let you get back to insulting and defaming Lowe's employees and customers.
You are one to talk. You make nedm seem intelligent, yet the two of you combine are about as intelligent as fruitfly and ten times as annoying. Get a life.
SMA

Coplay, PA

#94 Jan 10, 2013
mirror mirror wrote:
<quoted text>You are one to talk. You make nedm seem intelligent, yet the two of you combine are about as intelligent as fruitfly and ten times as annoying. Get a life.
At least nedm and I have all our teeth.
Great facts

Mooresville, NC

#95 Jan 10, 2013
didn't really mean that comment, just love listeing to everyone go nuts with their rightousness. Same people, day after day. Just like TBS ... Very funny.
SMA

Coplay, PA

#96 Jan 10, 2013
Great facts wrote:
didn't really mean that comment, just love listeing to everyone go nuts with their rightousness. Same people, day after day. Just like TBS ... Very funny.
No rightousness here. I'm a flawed human being. Just an observer of the hypocrisy that we endure in our daily lives.
the big lie

Mooresville, NC

#97 Jan 10, 2013
Great facts wrote:
Actually I did mean it. The guy is an azzwipe
haha

Mooresville, NC

#98 Jan 10, 2013
I'm not a guy ... thanks for playing my game. News at 11 and more to come.
amused

Mooresville, NC

#99 Jan 10, 2013
haha wrote:
I'm not a guy ... thanks for playing my game. News at 11 and more to come.
I was referring to mexican alvarez
nedm

Colchester, VT

#100 Jan 10, 2013
TBS is actually pretty boring these days. Yes I do have all my teeth. A simple investment of a electric toothbrush, water pic and dentist trips does a good job.

Any time I see "Moorseville,NC" generally I assume it is either someone from corporate or someone from a store. Either way it gets old.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lowes Companies Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More from the mindless millennials Fri mooresville28117 23
Lowes is now #1 Nov 18 nedm 1
Home Depot vs Lowe's Robot Commercial Nov 18 share this video 8
coordinator Nov 17 nedm 31
Lowes to use robots to replace employees - WSJ Nov 13 nedm 16
I hate working at Lowe's!!!! (Feb '13) Nov 12 mooresville28117 59
Which is better..Solid hardwood flooring or eng... (Jan '12) Nov 8 kurtcooksalot16 19

Lowes Companies People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE